***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Buying a Ralliart

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

black_ice
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby black_ice » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:47 pm

Take yr business elsewhere...some places have no customer service...sometimes wonder how they survive...
Saying a car is for going form A to B is like saying sex is for reproduction!

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:48 am

mcpondy wrote:Did you trade the one in your signature? If not, it wasnt black was it? This one fell through for now. The sales girl accused me of being rude cos I didnt play along with her sales tactics. Im still fuming about that!

Yeah, the one in my sig is what I traded in. I still have it but it will go in a few weeks I'd say. I wouldn't buy it though if I was you.. unless it comes with warranty which you can then use to get the gearbox sorted. hahaha :)
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

mcpondy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby mcpondy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:51 am

LOL thanks for the heads up!

mcpondy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby mcpondy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:19 am

Oh I also wanted to ask one question about the stock stereo (not the GPS touch screen option). I know the lancer has bluetooth capabilities, but does it support bluetooth streaming of music - displaying track/artist info etc? Or is it just for phone calls?

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:28 am

mcpondy wrote:Oh I also wanted to ask one question about the stock stereo (not the GPS touch screen option). I know the lancer has bluetooth capabilities, but does it support bluetooth streaming of music - displaying track/artist info etc? Or is it just for phone calls?

The 2nd car we have has the stock headunit in.. which does bluetooth audio streaming. It also has USB, but not sure if older models have that. Bluetooth never shows track name etc... it just streams audio.
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

mcpondy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby mcpondy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:32 am

Thanks man!

mcpondy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby mcpondy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:17 am

Hi, I have one more annoying question about ralliarts....

So I test drove another one, and got up it real hard, merging onto the M1 at Springwood. I think it started to lose traction in the backend and the TCS kicked in. I think I saw in the corner of my eye, the digital panel between the speedo and tacho changed - it either went out totally (the road got real rough) or some warning came up.

If TCS kicks in, does a warning appear in the digital read out? Or is the dash screwed in this thing and normal behaviour is for a orange light or something to appear?

Hope this makes sense :-)

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:24 am

the short answer is yes it does, thats normal :)
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

mcpondy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby mcpondy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:39 am

You guys rock, thanks for your help!

mcpondy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby mcpondy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:09 am

I've test driven 4 ralliarts so far (from dealers) and I am pretty sure all of them have had really loud engine pinging at high revs. Not sure if I should be concerned, or just assume that dealerships are cutting costs and putting crappy fuel in them.

mcpondy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby mcpondy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:37 pm

fearfulmaster1 wrote:[quote:fa9d3059c2=mcpondy]Oh I also wanted to ask one question about the stock stereo (not the GPS touch screen option). I know the lancer has bluetooth capabilities, but does it support bluetooth streaming of music - displaying track/artist info etc? Or is it just for phone calls?[/quote:fa9d3059c2] Bluetooth streaming and USB support is only for MY2011+

OK Thanks :-)

Rowlesy6
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Rowlesy6 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Dealerships put crappy fuel and oil in their cars i got my ralliart from a dealer and my mechanic said it had cheap oil in it. now its got the good stuff in it and 98 fuel it runs like a dream
Blue 09 Ralliart
///// /////

(cj-blue) *rockon*
Current Mods
- K&N Filter
- Evo X BOV
- Lenso D1R Wheels
- Evo X Wing/Spoiler
Upcoming Mods
- Coilovers
- Exhaust

mcpondy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby mcpondy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:15 pm

I'm looking at a My10 with 48ks on clock. Includes leather seats and sat nav. Advertised for 23500. Its pretty fricken tidy. He told me he has knocked back 22k already. Still has 1 year factory warranty. Do you think he is asking too much? Am I stupid to offer 22.5k? Also spot on service history

private seller.

Am I going to be paying too much? He insists he is in no hurry to sell it.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:49 am

Try shopping for a 2011 build so that you get the stronger timing chain and a more robust SST. Most sellers will say they're not in a hurry as some sort of bluff hoping that you go for their asking price.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”