***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Buying a Ralliart

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Sapphire joins the existing exterior paint colours of White, Cool Silver, Warm Silver, Black, Red and Titanium.

Wow guys lancers come in BLUE now!
What about that other blue. And lightning blue. And champagne. And orange.
And since when were there 3 silvers?

gus0068
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby gus0068 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Dealers always screw you on a trade in,they save you from selling your car yourself but you pay for it,they get you right down on your trade in then expect you to pay full price on the car you want to buy,mabe look at a used car with waranty with low kms,you will save heaps and with what you save could do a upgrade such as a XB kit from MRTfor around $5000 and for that get Evolution Performance at a fraction of the price.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:11 am

gus0068 wrote:Dealers always screw you on a trade in,they save you from selling your car yourself but you pay for it,they get you right down on your trade in then expect you to pay full price on the car you want to buy,mabe look at a used car with waranty with low kms,you will save heaps and with what you save could do a upgrade such as a XB kit from MRTfor around $5000 and for that get Evolution Performance at a fraction of the price.

Trade-in values are about $2K lower than private resale, but most dealers will try to con at least $4K out of you. Marking up the price of a car to offset the very low interest rate is the most fraudulent they could do.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:23 pm

Soo, looks like the MY13 Ralliart has the new 6" touchscreen headunit included as well as the Rockford Speaker system, which previously was only available via the OPTIONS pack for almost another $4k for the MY12.

However it seems the OPTIONS PACK for the MY13 has't dropped in price at all, even though the speakers aren't part of the pack anymore.... kinda disappointing. Unless they added something else with it which I am not aware of?

Anyone got any more info?
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

Latino_Ralliart
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Latino_Ralliart » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:15 pm

gus0068 wrote:Dealers always screw you on a trade in,they save you from selling your car yourself but you pay for it,they get you right down on your trade in then expect you to pay full price on the car you want to buy,mabe look at a used car with waranty with low kms,you will save heaps and with what you save could do a upgrade such as a XB kit from MRTfor around $5000 and for that get Evolution Performance at a fraction of the price.

All good except for going to MRT.

impossible
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby impossible » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:35 am

haha i am thinking to get the RA as well

impossible
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby impossible » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:35 am

Latino_Ralliart wrote:[quote:18e6651ee2=gus0068]Dealers always screw you on a trade in,they save you from selling your car yourself but you pay for it,they get you right down on your trade in then expect you to pay full price on the car you want to buy,mabe look at a used car with waranty with low kms,you will save heaps and with what you save could do a upgrade such as a XB kit from MRTfor around $5000 and for that get Evolution Performance at a fraction of the price.[/quote:18e6651ee2] All good except for going to MRT.

whats wrong with MRT bro tell me about it~~

impossible
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby impossible » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:36 am

el3ment wrote:Soo, looks like the MY13 Ralliart has the new 6 touchscreen headunit included as well as the Rockford Speaker system, which previously was only available via the OPTIONS pack for almost another $4k for the MY12. However it seems the OPTIONS PACK for the MY13 hast dropped in price at all, even though the speakers arent part of the pack anymore.... kinda disappointing. Unless they added something else with it which I am not aware of? Anyone got any more info?

i want to know that as well~~

black_ice
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby black_ice » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:30 pm

Hey guys instead of staring a new thread I thought I would just post this in here.

So I'm currently in the market for a RA lancer and just had a few questions. SOrry if these questions have been asked before but my searching skills have borne no fruit yet.

1) from which year onwards are the SST problem free. I have heard earlier years SST gave some problems so which years were these?

2) what are the common issues with these cars?

3) is the rear diff in the RA the same as the Evo X?

thanks for yr help in advance.
Saying a car is for going form A to B is like saying sex is for reproduction!

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:24 pm

I think the 2011 models up are less likely to have problems with the sst. Upgrade fuel relays.. Cant really think of any other problems..

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

ijustatecurry
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ijustatecurry » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:38 pm

Aamir, I believe the diff is a hand-me-down from the IX
All bleeding stops eventually!

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:04 am

Post 2010 you get a colour centre dash display, instead of amber illumination. That's nicer looking IMHO.

Also 2012+ the door cards have soft touch plastics which go some way towards addressing the 'cheap' looking/feeling interiors that are a common complaint of the CJ Lancers in general.

black_ice
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby black_ice » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:50 pm

Hanks guys.

Can anyone tell me as per the manual what are the service intervals for the SST?

Thanks!
Saying a car is for going form A to B is like saying sex is for reproduction!

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:55 pm

the sst doesnt get serviced cept for an oil change infrequently, maybe every 50k or so, per Manuel the first change is at 110k, not often enough if your going to drive the thing well
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Craker
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Craker » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:05 pm

BZC-45S wrote:Post 2010 you get a colour centre dash display, instead of amber illumination. Thats nicer looking IMHO. Also 2012+ the door cards have soft touch plastics which go some way towards addressing the cheap looking/feeling interiors that are a common complaint of the CJ Lancers in general.

My ra is a 2011 my2012 but still has amber centre dash display.
2011 lancer ralliart sportback
192kw + 370nm at wheels virtual dyno by boostin juice tuning
Hyperflow intercooler, gfb respons bov , gs 3 port
ultimate racing uicp and licp, hyperflow cat back + hi flow cat
MCA blue coilovers and whiteline sway bars
T3 rotors and ds performance pads
enkei sc 22 wheels

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”