***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Buying a Ralliart

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

LaNcE
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby LaNcE » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:39 am

just to add just bought a club spec wrx the other day and a challenger not so long ago,the trick is be prepared to walk away. usually you get too excited about the new car and forget the premium price your paying until you are home and see all the bills. say this is my price. this is the only thing i can afford, make sure you agree on the full price of the car not the monthly repayments as they will just extend the loan and adjust thingos but at the end you still pay more for the same car.

before you leave home set a price you are happy to pay, as everyone said make sure you check redbook as it will dictate the price they need to pay you for your car. dont take anything less for the car as they will make the ralliart cheaper but make your trade in cheaper too. at the end it was still the same price.

goodluck bud!

ninjured
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ninjured » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:16 am

LaNcE wrote:just to add just bought a club spec wrx the other day

niiiice has to be my favorite buy at the moment. what color did you get black or orange?

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:10 pm

What Jose said is dead-on. You can always look at other dealers for the best offer. These salesmen are oftentimes successful in luring customers to sign with a not-so-good offer. Their skills are really good. This means they will have some sort of buffer to cater to those who will push for a very good deal, like what you're about to do.

What colour do you prefer by the way?
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

LaNcE
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby LaNcE » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:32 pm

adam, mrs wanted the black one! i wanted the orange one tho! got a good price too! 48.5 with pretty much all the options! perks on knowing someone! =P

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:35 pm

LaNcE wrote:adam, mrs wanted the black one! i wanted the orange one tho! got a good price too! 48.5 with pretty much all the options! perks on knowing someone! =P

Black, for me, would make it look even more like the VRX as the bonnet scoops are already black as well. It wouldn't be distinguished well enough. I'd go for the orange as it is a new colour and you can brag that yours is a 2012.

I remember mine going for $43.5K with everything except sunroof and paint protection.
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride

aznlancer08
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby aznlancer08 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:09 am

Took a look around three dealerships and rang half a dozen or so. Walked out one dealership with an urge to punch the manager in the face. I won't name this particular dealer I went to but it's in the EAST side of Melbourne. I think anyone will know which dealership I'm talking about.

Anyways, I spent a good 40 minutes in this dealership negotiating with the young salesman. He said the best he can do is 45k drive away. I was very firm on 43k and told him I have other makes and models to look at an that if he can't do the deal I will just leave. I also said if he can do the deal I will not bother test drive the wrx and golf gti and that I will stay put on the lancer RA.

Several occasions he went to see his manager and then come back on the very last occasion saying it looks very likely that we can seal the deal at 43k on the 0.9 % finance offer. I thought sweet. This is it... Or I thought this was it.

I was called into the young salesman's manager office and he closed the door as soon as I walked in. Hnformtale? Yes and no. He got me to sit and started talking. He wrote on a piece of paper wha he can do for pricing.

48668 drive away with 0.9% finance offer

Or 45k on variable loan.

I asked him if this is a joke. After a minute or two of further discussion it was clear that the young salesman was talking crap when we nearly sealed the deal at 43k on the finance offer. And that I implied to the manager that by back paddling they have lost a customer and then I just walked out with my mate. I used to take my lancer there for servicing, after the horrible experience I will refuse to step in there ever again. From what I can see, they had recently renovated and perhaps have a new management team responsible for the poor customer service.

After ringing several more dealerships the only one who is willing to negotiate a deal was heidelberg mitsubishi. Another dealership up north was pretty good too when I talked to them.

In the end, I thought f it, I should just stick out with my existing lancer for now.
If you see a blue lancer in Melbourne and it looks like a VRX, that'll be me!

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:37 am

that 0.9% is just a marketing ploy its a load of crap its just used to get you in the door .
you did the right thing tony just wait a little longer til end of year sales .

i stuck to my guns when i bought the evo they came round in the end.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:56 pm

What a bunch of cons, but I'm sure one of them will call you on Monday to say they will do the deal you want. As I've said, RAs are quite rare as compared to GTIs so they'll try to sell more of them at nicer packages. It's really about who blinks first. $43K on the finance offer or nothing!
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride

richo7502000
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby richo7502000 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:04 am

I got my Ralliart (WITH Luxury pack) for $42,990 Drive away from City Mitsubishi in Melbourne 2 months ago....try them maybe???

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:04 pm

richo7502000 wrote:I got my Ralliart (WITH Luxury pack) for $42,990 Drive away from City Mitsubishi in Melbourne 2 months ago....try them maybe???

That's a great deal! Yours is a 2012 right?

I think Nick of PMR has a white one in the dealership. If anyone's interested, just PM him.
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:11 am

hm... there is the MY13 model out now... not 100% sure on differences yet, but I think ralliart comes with 6.1" touchscreen inbuild? And upgradable to 7" via the option pack?

Not much info online yet unfortunately, or pics... curious to see how they integrated the screen now. Apparently its totally integrated into the dash now... not sure if a good or bad thing.

Anyone found any pics / specific info online yet?

Update: Found this.. http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2012/sm ... ched-32032
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

ClubspecCustomDesigns
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby ClubspecCustomDesigns » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:33 am

Yeah i got a White Ralliart in stock with luxury pack.

As for the MY13 model out yet, not its not and has not even arrived.

The 6.1" touch screen is nothing special and looks cheap in my eyes.
Looking for that ultimate ride??
ClubSpec Custom Designs
www.facebook.com/ClubspecCustomDesigns

richo7502000
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby richo7502000 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:27 pm

squala wrote:[quote:97d464aadc=richo7502000]I got my Ralliart (WITH Luxury pack) for $42,990 Drive away from City Mitsubishi in Melbourne 2 months ago....try them maybe???[/quote:97d464aadc] Thats a great deal! Yours is a 2012 right? I think Nick of PMR has a white one in the dealership. If anyones interested, just PM him.

Yes it is 2012, I was pretty wrapped with the deal for sure.

Sir Lancer-lot
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Sir Lancer-lot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:11 pm

I'll be in the market for a RA Sportback in white in about 12 mths....interesting to see what happens to pricing...
2011 VRX Sportback - 2.4L - CVT - MMCS

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Hey Andrew, when I bought mine it was the only one in the country and had to get shipped from interstate which cost an extra $800.

If it wasn't for that one it would have been a factory order and would've been the next model year, being more expensive.

Just giving you a heads up because the sportback is not as common and you might want to keep your ears to the ground for when there is stock, especially if you are deadset on white like I was. In fact, it won't be too much longer before the CJ is finally replaced and by this time next year you might not be able to get a white sportback period.

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”