LIFE in the AUST'n ARMY

Tell Jokes! or Share Funny Media.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

LIFE in the AUST'n ARMY

Postby SAM-24A » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:52 am

A letter from a kid from Eromanga to Mum and Dad.
For Those of you not in the know, Eromanga is a smalltown, west of Quilpie in the far south west of Queensland, out where the crows fly backwards to keep the dust out of their eyes !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mum & Dad,

I am well. Hope youse are too. Tell me big brothers Doug and Phil that the Army is better than workin' on the farm - tell them to get in bloody quick smart before the jobs are all gone!
I wuz a bit slow in settling down at first, because ya don't hafta get outta bed until 6am . But I like sleeping in now, cuz all ya gotta do before brekky is make ya bed and shine ya boots and clean ya uniform.
No bloody cows to milk, no calves to feed, no feed to stack - nothin'!! --
Ya haz gotta shower though, but its not so bad, coz there's lotsa hot water and even a light to see what ya doing!

At brekky ya get cereal, fruit and eggs but there's no kangaroo steaks or possum stew like wot Mum makes. You don't get fed again until noon and by that time all the city boys are buggered because we've been on a 'route march' ---
geez its only just like walking to the windmill in the back paddock!!

This one will kill me brothers Doug and Phil with laughter. I keep getting medals for shootin' -- dunno why. The bullseye is as big as a bloody possum's bum and it don't move and it's not firing back at ya like the Johnsons did when our big scrubber bull got into their prize cows before the Ekka last year!
All ya gotta do is make yourself comfortable and hit the target - it's a piece of piss!! You don't even load your own cartridges, they comes in little boxes, and ya don't have to steady yourself against the rollbar of the roo shooting truck when you reload!

Sometimes ya gotta wrestle with the city boys and I gotta be real careful coz they break easy --
it's not like fighting with Doug and Phil and Jack and Boori and Steve and Muzza all at once like we do at home after the muster.

Turns out I'm not a bad boxer either and it looks like I'm the best the platoon's got, and I've only been beaten by this one bloke from the Engineers --
he's 6 foot 5 and 15 stone and three pick handles across the shoulders and as ya know I'm only 5 foot 7 and eight stone wringin' wet, but I fought him till the other blokes carried me off to the big bloody boozer.

I can't complain about the Army - tell the boys to get in quick before word gets around how bloody good it is.

Your loving daughter,

Sheila

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam ..... *eyebrows*
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:36 am

Lol Sam :lol: Wasn't expecting the letter to be from the Daughter :o
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Bahahahaha my kind of woman LOL
Nice one Uncle.... *rofl*
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:45 pm

ROFLOL sam, what a surprise
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:54 pm

Don't laugh. I do know a guy like that. He loved being in the Army. He got a sleep in. He came off a dairy farm down the South Coast and the Army was a bludge for him hehehe He was Dads best mate in Korea. He married Mums best friend when they came back :)

My 20 year old is going into the Army next week.........

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Hey Jacqueline,

We are Laughing ..... *rofl*
Read the name of the Person (at the bottom) who sent the Letter.

Sam .... :)
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Yes I know it's a girl. I'm not stupid. Those farm girls are pretty tough. I know a lot of them.

I was just saying that there are people who do think like that.

Return to “Jokes & Funny Videos”