***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

EOI - Cruise to Mount Panorama for Bathurst 1000

Local ACT State News, Meets, Cruises, Events, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:10 am

Might go considering its the weekend before WTAC, a weeks holiday in NSW doesn't sound too terrible :P

Would like to drive Bathurst if anyone is organising an event there *wave*
Signature For Lease - Apply Within

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:40 pm

SLIPKNUT wrote: Thats the plan, see how it goes, need numbers :)

:) I should have expanded that sentence to say "drive laps around Bathurst track" rather than drive to Bathurst.. the town!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8BThbidqE8[/youtube]

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:48 pm

kalt wrote:[quote:8fdb30ac63=SLIPKNUT] Thats the plan, see how it goes, need numbers :)[/quote:8fdb30ac63] :) I should have expanded that sentence to say drive laps around Bathurst track rather than drive to Bathurst.. the town!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8BThbidqE8[/youtube]

well plan one :P

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Just remember there will be 50,000 people who hate Japanese cars.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:13 pm

All I know is I wouldn't drive my Evo there on race weekend.I have seen what the Ford and Holden boys do to each other.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR

"Don't back off until you hit something"

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:49 pm

bd-850 wrote:[quote:b66f386afd=kalt][quote:8fdb30ac63=SLIPKNUT] Thats the plan, see how it goes, need numbers :)[/quote:8fdb30ac63] :) I should have expanded that sentence to say drive laps around Bathurst track rather than drive to Bathurst.. the town! [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8BThbidqE8[/youtube] [/quote:b66f386afd] well plan one :P

Ok :D

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:46 pm

SLIPKNUT wrote:Weve got Nissan competing this year! Haha Jap represent!

The Nissan has allready been hobbled...its a lot more slippery thrpugh the air so Guess who?...yep...holden and ford had weight added before it even hit the track. Just like they had the GTR32 (Godzilla) weighed down with 200kgs of sand , boost and rev limited.
They wont make the same mistake again and let any other manufacturer get competetitive...if they do...they will just change the rules. Everyone has been sucked in to think its fair racing.
lancerdarryl wrote:Just remember there will be 50,000 people who hate Japanese cars.

Exactly Darryl...imagine the crowds if Holford didnt get rid of anything that came close to being competitive...would have been masive.
For the younger generation on here..."YES" Australia did actually have Australian Touring Cars" and the Bathutst 1000,James Hardie etc was "The Great Race" but unfortunately holden and Ford couldnt beat the GTR so....sooked and took there ball home. First they got rid of Turbo's and when Jaguar (V12) and BMW (M series) wanted to compete they limited engine capacity..strangely matching there own.
Brock and Johnson had allready been to Japan and test driven the Nissans and wanting to swap so that they could win races. Strangely enough this was published in an Italian motor racing magazine and not published in Australia. There were other cars coming up through the ranks that would ultimately be quicker than the Group A commodores etc and Holden would never have that.
Holford still run by the creed of "What wins on Sunday....Sells on Monday"
Any true Australian motorsport fanatic should be peaved that Holford destroyed Australian touring car racing single handed. I really do hope the Kelly's get the nissan going but i very much doubt Holford will let them.
A lot of younger Brock fans would say that Brock never ever drove a Ford. not correct...Mobil 05 FORD Sierra...yet again it seems to get pushed to the side that he drove a Turbo Ford 4 cylinder...even in historic racing it seems to get left out.
Fortunately...i went to a October Bathurst weekend many years ago and it was awsome...i was in the Nissan camp but there were Toyota, BMW, Mitsubishi, all the makes were there. I doubt there would be any actual race fans there now, just Holford meat heads. Ive driven the track a few times and it is so misconceiving how dam high it is at the top of the mountain compared to what it looks like on television.
Mitsubishi won the true Feb Bathurst 2011,2012 and i think it was Audi that won this year, i missed the race as i forgot and thats another thing...its hardly advertised..hmmm wonder of Holford have anything to do with that as none of there cars are really competitive or place and they have HSV, SS's, FPV etc in the mix.
Im really thinking about going to the 2014 race and peaved i missed this year. What do you think Darryl... Meet up at the educated person's Bathurst? haha

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:55 pm

im guessing no one has been to the V8s in the past few years. it is really a family friendly enviroment, there might be abit if sledging but thats its, cars and people will be safe.

Craker
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Craker » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:50 pm

I went to the liqui moly 12 hour a couple of months ago at bathurst, it was fantastic with a wide range of cars and no where near the crowd. The top class of cars lap faster than the v8s too. Might be an option for next year.
2011 lancer ralliart sportback
192kw + 370nm at wheels virtual dyno by boostin juice tuning
Hyperflow intercooler, gfb respons bov , gs 3 port
ultimate racing uicp and licp, hyperflow cat back + hi flow cat
MCA blue coilovers and whiteline sway bars
T3 rotors and ds performance pads
enkei sc 22 wheels

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:48 pm

Craker wrote:I went to the liqui moly 12 hour a couple of months ago at bathurst, it was fantastic with a wide range of cars and no where near the crowd. The top class of cars lap faster than the v8s too. Might be an option for next year.

Yep...Thats the real race Craig...would have loved to have gone to that. I think Slipknut is on the right track...maybe not the V8 weekend though. Im sure there would be a Mitsubishi camp/area at the Feb one...maybe look into it...or...a national meet on that weekend at Bathurst.

Craker
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Craker » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:58 pm

There were no Mitsubishis in the race. There were merc sls Amgs, Ferraris, Audi r8s, Porsches in the top class and so many manufacturers in the other classes including some Rexes and an r35 gtr. Race starts really early though I had to leave here at 4 in the morning for the race start at 7.
2011 lancer ralliart sportback
192kw + 370nm at wheels virtual dyno by boostin juice tuning
Hyperflow intercooler, gfb respons bov , gs 3 port
ultimate racing uicp and licp, hyperflow cat back + hi flow cat
MCA blue coilovers and whiteline sway bars
T3 rotors and ds performance pads
enkei sc 22 wheels

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 am

Wow...no mitsu's???...Lancer X's won 2011,2012 i was pretty sure. Maybe a different race again? I heard an Audi won this year. And no Commodores, Falcons placed.
Im just trying to remember if its a Armor All sponsored race the one im talking about?

Return to “Australian Capital Territory”