***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Penrite oil - MGO7580 - SST Transmission Fluid

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Penrite oil - MGO7580 - SST Transmission Fluid

Postby R4LLI4RT » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:21 pm

So as many RA owners would know Dia Queen sstf-1 oil may as well be made from gold because it that expensive to buy. In my investigations to find a 'suitable' substitute i ventured into my local Autobarn store (because i had to buy an oil filter) and decided to look up all different types of brands of oil and see what their specification booklets mentioned.
I found this oil Image only about $50 a bottle and it is mentioned for both manual and semi autos of the ralliart and evo x.
just want to know if any one has heard anything about these oils before and if using them would void the gearbox warranty, i would call Mitsubishi myself today but its Sunday and its closed lol.
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Home Brand Alloy UICP
DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors
K&N Panel Filter Replacement
DBA Extreme Pads
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Tein S Tech Springs
Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:24 pm

From what I know Chris, yes, they will void your transmission warranty if you use anything besides the Dia Queen stuff.

We're trying to get a 2nd opinion.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:28 pm

isnt that illegal or something?
if an oil meets the specs the manufacturer requires then it should be all good.

i always give them castrol edge for my engine oil and in my reciepts they always write 'fully synthetic oil' because its what mitsu want in the car - they dont care what oil so long as its fully synth.

Home Brand Alloy UICP

DBA Extreme Pads

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Tein S Tech Springs

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:31 pm

For the engine oil that's not a problem.

But apparently Mits are very touchy about radiators and transmissions. Did you know you can't put an aftermarket radiator fluid in even if it meets all of Mitsu's requirements? They will not warranty your radiator.

I will be putting up a thread soon on all the OEM parts you can pre-buy through the club. We can then propose the alternatives.

I've checked with the PMR Service manager and this is the instruction provided to him by MMAL. You should take it up with MMAL. Don't shoot the messenger.

I only try to save everyone some money, so you guys can afford to join as premium members... .

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:53 pm

yeah na i understand ofey ur info is always appreciated!
i just spoke with a former city mitusbishi service member and he advised me that so long as you put in oils that meet the requirements of mitsubishi then it is all fine, but they must meet the requirements.
it would explain why penrite would mention in its service booklets that you can use their oil - castrol on the otherhand simply write refer to manufacturer.
this is an interesting development.

Home Brand Alloy UICP

DBA Extreme Pads

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Tein S Tech Springs

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:59 pm

I would take what service guys say with a pinch of salt.

If you do provide your own oils, the staff member should in theory state that on your receipt.

Most don't. So you think you should be safe but on the break down, you'll see a missing line of oil change cost.

This will then tell mits from the receipt that you provided your own oil.

Say you then have your engine problem you take it back to mits and they say you've provided your own oil. they then look at your receipt and it doesn't state what oil was used. Just said you provided your own oil, then the shit storm starts.

My dealer puts the oil that I bring in on my receipt, I tell him to type it out.

So it states:

Owner provided own oil : Castrol Edge Sport 5W-30

As for brake fluid, coolant and engine oil filter:

Owner provided own parts. All Mitsubishi OEM parts supplied.

So I am well protected.

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:05 pm

yeah thats what my service guy does aswell, it states what oils were used and if i provided them or not.
im gana ask dandy mitsu and see what they say about it, because seriously dia queen is a blatant rip off.

Home Brand Alloy UICP

DBA Extreme Pads

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Tein S Tech Springs

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:06 pm

I'm preparing the thread now.

Yes the pricing is a rip off but wait till I put the thread up. I have pictures now of all the containers as megatron(QLD) has bought them through me to see if he can save abit. thank him for being the guinea pig.

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Ofey just trying to find that thread, have you made it yet?

Home Brand Alloy UICP

DBA Extreme Pads

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Tein S Tech Springs

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:23 pm

gman90
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Penrite SSt Fliud ???

Postby gman90 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi All I came across this Penrite fluid It says that it is the equivalent to the dia Queen any one have any feed back on it Thanks gazza :D
Evolution X MR 712 GTP Turbo Upgrade. Pedders Sports Extrema Coil Overs, DBA 5000 Premium 2 piece Brake Rotors Front and Rear Rotors ,OME Black- Out Rear Taillights (Ralliart) Red Floor Illumination. White Line Centre Roll Adjust Kit.
Ecutek Custom Tune. 3in TurboXS. Turbo Back Exhaust.

Shaun Patterson
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Shaun Patterson » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:04 pm

gman90 wrote:Hi All I came across this Penrite fluid It says that it is the equivalent to the dia Queen any one have any feed back on it Thanks gazza :D

Nope do not

only alternaive to diaqueen is castrol transmax dual

Mk1
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re: Penrite oil - MGO7580 - SST Transmission Fluid

Postby Mk1 » Sat May 21, 2016 9:25 pm

I'm not weighing in on whether you should or shouldn't use Penrite (I haven't) but I did email Penrite regarding this a while ago and this is what they said:
My question:
The synthetic DCT fluid you produce is recommended for 08 onwards Ralliart Mitsubishis, do Mitsubishi endorse its use or will it void the warranty?
The reply:
Dear Mark,
Lancer CJ Ralliart, 2.0 Litre Turbo Eng. (2008-2013)
Mitsubishi would like you to use their product -putting a positive spin on this means that they are trying to maintain quality in the products going into their cars. Their product is Dia Queen SSTF-1. They do not endorse our product, unfortunately.
Under Australian law, provided the specifications are met, manufacturers are not allowed to insist upon their products being used.
We have been told by our additive suppliers that our product meets the required specification and we will fully support our product in your application. The fluid should be changed by a qualified mechanic as there may be a particular procedure to follow. For warranty this is essential.
Regards,
Alan Jeffery
Technical Support
Penrite Oil Company

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Sun May 22, 2016 8:49 am

yes, i remember a while ago their tablets in the shops was saying to contact manufacture in regards with the SST fluid, surprised the other day when i check it out, to see they have now products for our SST.

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Sun May 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Even though this applies to CVT transmissions and not SST, I did enquire about the price at Supercheap Auto the other day. CVTF-J4 fluid is a bit more difficult to find, most fluids are only CVTF-J1. On the Nissan side of things, NS-3 are required for Nissan Jatco transmissions of the same code, so ideally the fluid should support both? Probably would be beneficial if you have any issues now that Nissan are the controlling owner of Mitsubishi as of a week ago.

Anyways, the only CVTF-J4/NS-3 fluid I found in Australia was Castrol Transmax CVT, which meets:
MMC DIAQUEEN CVT Fluid J1
MMC DIAQUEEN CVT Fluid J4
MMC DIAQUEEN CVT Fluid J4+ (never heard of this one before)

http://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/Fusio ... A7NSWS.pdf

The person behind the desk said they can get it in. They then asked what car it was for, I said a 2013 MY14 Lancer, person replied back that they will not supply me the fluid to take to the service place as it is 'refer to dealer' only. I did ask about the fact it does meet the specs, basically they said it doesn't matter, they will not supply the fluid for a car that is under warranty.

I guess the only way to order it later will be to say it's for an older vehicle?! Then there's the issue of getting the service place to actually use it.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

Return to “Maintenance”