***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Help needed!: ASC "Service Required" Error

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:17 am

Bump

Slight add to this post

I went to work last night (Yeah, I''m still here lol) at about 11
As I pulled into my work (gravel carpark) the ASC flicked on for like 1/8th of a second, and then my car beeped JUST as I was turning it off. I saw the ÄSC SERVICE REQUIRED" error screen for 1/2 a second before the power cut - I didn't try start it again as I was running late.

But Is this a common thing for my mileage?
I've just struck 111,000 km.
Due for the 105,000 service - also, anyone know how much that service costs? hahaha

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:26 am

it will just be a wheel speed sensor get mits to check it out .

no biggie

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:52 am

105K service is just the oil filter and spark plugs. So shouldn't be too expensive.

Did you do the 90K service? That is a big one.

cammag5
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cammag5 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:54 am

Maybe its the weather cause i just got the same warning the other day and now my cruise control isnt working :(

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:57 am

On my car came on when the battery start to get flat ( i was installing the folding mirrors and i use a lot the battery without starting the engine) anyway came on for a week every now and than, and when the battery got flat my dash start to flash like a Christmas tree with all the errors and the car didn't start! I nearly had a heart attack, till a friend told me is the battery flat and needs to be charged or replaced! He was right charge the battery and everything is fine now!
But like Ken said it could be a speed sensor too!
Keep us up to date!

Cheers,
Seb

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:52 am

Came on for a few seconds after restarting the car, disappeared. Came on again this evening, I pulled over, restarted the car and it was gone.
Confused totally.

Anyway. New tyres are great except just noticed the centre hubs from both rims are missing >.< Bob Jane trip on Monday I think. "Oi!" lol.

Andrew232
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Andrew232 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Well had the same factor appeared with me in my ralliart put it down to wetness due to all the latest rainfall in queens land plus not generating it for a time interval so i disconnected power supply for 1/2 a time reconnected it and all has been excellent from then onwards.. . . . .
Here is a selection of Surfers Rent A Car's
Last edited by Andrew232 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:04 am

Hi everyone,

Seen this type of SPAM activity before on rcolt.com, just felt something should be done about it before malicious code is inserted into the forums and knocks the forum out.

Also I urge forum members to be more proactive and help protect the forum from SPAMMERS by identifying them and reporting them to Admin.

Admins please remove my posts once it's dealt with.

whitenight wrote:had the same thing happen to me in my ralliart put it down to moisture due to all the recent rain in brisbane plus not driving it for a period of time so i disconected the battery for 1/2 an hour reconected it and all has been fine since.

Andrew232 wrote:Well had the same factor appeared with me in my ralliart put it down to wetness due to all the latest rainfall in queens land plus not generating it for a time interval so i disconnected power supply for 1/2 a time reconnected it and all has been excellent from then onwards.. . . . .
Signature For Lease - Apply Within

shaunseabrook
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby shaunseabrook » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:48 pm

I have started having the same problem first the asc service light came on when i pulled up at the traffic lights. When i pulled over and turned the car off and back on it was gone. But when i took off i kept loosing power till i turned the asc off. no warning on screen and no fault code either.

Have to book it in.

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Hi All , Hoping someone may be able to advice me ? :) I had my wheels rotated today with a wheel alinement & wheel balance But on the way home my ABS Service required came on & up top of the screen it says that the ASC Is OFF & when I push the ASC button it still says the ASC is OFF ...

I have read through all the ABS / ASC problems threads & have taken note that it may be a sensor issue as these are apparently located in the rear wheels area ? was just wondering if the guys doing my wheels today mighten of put the sensor wires back on ?

Cheers for any information you can help me with .
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:35 pm

Thanks Ken I was thinking taking my car back to the Tyre shop & asking them to have a look , I thought maybe someone here might of had a issue with the sensor after a wheel rotation ,
Hopefully it's only something minor !

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Just thought I would give an update with my ABS / ASC Issue ... I was half way driving to the tyre shop today for them to check the sensors out & the ABS service required light goes out & the ASC which was saying is OFF comes on when I pressed the button so all is good atm :D

Just don't know why it came on & just goes out *noidea*

Return to “Maintenance”