***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What colour is your oil after service?

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

brislancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby brislancer » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:34 pm

LaNcE wrote:
blade888 wrote:If you are only driving on weekend short trips then that may explain it. These engines as stock, run rich. And racking up all of your 1000kms when the engine is warming up due to short trips (as the engine runs even more rich when it's warming up) is going to make the oil turn dark really quickly.

As LZY_EYE said, it depends how you drive it.

we always warm up our cars 5 mins everytime it was first started whether its my evo or our 89 camry. did the change oil today with castrol edge. im not happy at all. oil is thick as. its worst as the first time i changed oil the camry! ill be posting up photos tomorrow as ill be working overnight tonight.

What Castrol Edge product did you use, there are 4 viscosity grades in the range? If you used the 25w50 it will of course be thicker.

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:18 pm

I use Castrol Edge 5W-30
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

LaNcE
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby LaNcE » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:12 pm

hey been a while since i updated this thread. friday did the change oil by myself, 1.5k's after my oil is still a bit goldish / brownish colour. that leads me to say that job wasnt done properly. car is sitting in the garage until tuesday when we come back from GC. ill let you guys know and post up some pics.

LaNcE
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby LaNcE » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:13 pm

brislancer wrote:
LaNcE wrote:
blade888 wrote:If you are only driving on weekend short trips then that may explain it. These engines as stock, run rich. And racking up all of your 1000kms when the engine is warming up due to short trips (as the engine runs even more rich when it's warming up) is going to make the oil turn dark really quickly.

As LZY_EYE said, it depends how you drive it.

we always warm up our cars 5 mins everytime it was first started whether its my evo or our 89 camry. did the change oil today with castrol edge. im not happy at all. oil is thick as. its worst as the first time i changed oil the camry! ill be posting up photos tomorrow as ill be working overnight tonight.

What Castrol Edge product did you use, there are 4 viscosity grades in the range? If you used the 25w50 it will of course be thicker.

i used castrol edge sport 0w-40. the dealer was the one who changed my oils last so i wont have a clue as to what they used. in the receipt it just said castrol.

Return to “Maintenance”