***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

White dots on paint

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

jjpapaik
INACTIVE Member Account

White dots on paint

Postby jjpapaik » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:17 pm

hey guys,

while washing my car the other day i noticed white dots and white scratch looking marks on my paint. they're not scratches tho because if i rub them hard enough with the edge of my nail the fade away.

any idea what it could be and how to clean them off? i have a black car so it looks pretty bad!

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:43 am

Dots? Do they look like a small drop of paint basically? I believe its pollen from certain trees. This has only happened to me once, but one day at tafe I parked under a certain tree and by the end of the day it looked like someone flicked paint all over my car (I actually thought it was paint initially).
As for the scratches, maybe it was windy? :P

There is another tree (I know exactly which tree it is) that drops large globs of totally transperant and colourless sap on my car. That is almost impossible to get off and takes me multiple goes on different days to finally wear away what I can't 'chip' off.
I thought that it was glue until I noticed more after being under that tree again.
I'm quick to think its things like that because my tafe has builders etc :P

I don't think the white stuff is a threat. If its from trees and white it'll be mostly or totally sugar.
I avoid trees. The gunk, nuts, branches, sticks and even leaves. And a huge tree at tafe actually snapped in the big storm last year. Screw that.

Its either that or bug droppings. But I always thought they were the yellow spots?

jjpapaik
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jjpapaik » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:27 am

it could be something from a tree as we have one or two small ones in our front yard, but other than that i cant figure out what it could be. they're tiny and basically look like someones grabbed a texta and just did dots everywhere in patches. (of white ofc) lol

it doesn't come off with normal car wash stuff unless i sit there scribbing it individually. i used tech wax on it, which after a really hard scrub got rid of some of them, and some of the other marks, but still not completely off. it almost looks like soap residue or something.

ijustatecurry
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ijustatecurry » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:37 am

Hey Jen, i had the same issue for a few washes with my RA. Thin, white substance which looks like a scratch from a distance but rubs off with your nail. It may well be a tree or something like that as Jake said, but i believe that mine was caused by my car soap. Was using armour all on a dark blue. Maybe it streaks with the darker colours? Swapped to meguires and now not an issue. Hope it helps :)
All bleeding stops eventually!

jjpapaik
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jjpapaik » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:00 am

yeah thats what i thought it may have been. maybe it occured when i used those public car wash places. I've been using maguires since then, but it still hasnt come off. maybe a few washes later and it will!

ijustatecurry
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ijustatecurry » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Mine has sorted itself out after about 3 washes (which is about 3 days at the moment :P ), hopefully yours is the same!
All bleeding stops eventually!

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Mine were extremely easy to get off so it might be something else...

Return to “Maintenance”