***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Mobil and shell oils

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Ricksville
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Mobil and shell oils

Postby Ricksville » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:06 pm

I know oils have been brought up alot in club cj. But my mate suggested i take a look at this seller on Ebay. I thought i would ask for some opinions.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/GL-Lubricants ... 1417179013

The site above is a ebay seller who sells mobil 1 Esp oil range now the 2 things that caught my attention with this is its cheaper then 5w-30 mobil 1 i buy from super cheap and the fact that the bottle says its guaranteed for 15000miles. The 15000 miles or 25000 plus km is something that i'm yet to see over here.

Just thought i would ask for some opinions on this subject!

Tweak
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Tweak » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:13 pm

sounds dodgy.

Ricksville
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ricksville » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Well not really its listed on the American mobil site. Im tipping its more to do with the aussie dollar being so strong at the moment!

SXy2010
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby SXy2010 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm

buying some parts on ebay or wherever i feel is ok....
but the oil in your engine is its life blood if something goes wrong is some guy on ebay going to help out with warranty or cost of rebuilding your engine i know mitsubishi is not going to come to the party if you buy the oil from repco supercheap etc they are going to stand behind their products and have warranty procedures in place and insurance if it comes to that.
i may be wrong but the right oil from the right supplier is cheap when it comes to peace of mind.
no turbo no awd but she's all white
dob 12/10/2010 at booths mitsubishi gosford
2 pipes are better than 1

Ricksville
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Ricksville » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:55 pm

I totally agree with what your saying that's why i have no problem spending the money on mobil 1 5w30 for my car. But i probably should have explained where i'm coming from. The chances of oil going wrong from a major company like shell or mobil is like winning the lottery so im not to worried about the product. Im more interested in the benefits that these products may provide. Both the shell and mobil products that i've bought up are deemed suitable for my lancer in the states. Im especially interested in the 0w30 oil and the fuel saving and long life claims.

Anyways im putting it out there. If anybody has used these products please speak up

SXy2010
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby SXy2010 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:45 pm

yeah i dont use these products i do use full synthetic oil ,i just dont know that anywhere in australia in a lancer it would warrant using a zero weight oil, as for the mileage they could give me a 30000 mile guarantee and call me a little strange but i would still change my oil every 5000 klms but then thats just me :)
no turbo no awd but she's all white

dob 12/10/2010 at booths mitsubishi gosford

2 pipes are better than 1

kris vrx
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby kris vrx » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:04 pm

unless you live in tasmania, i would steer clear of any 0-30 weight oil. the aussie climate is simply not cold enough for it to be of any practical use, another point after some "spirited" driving in a warm climate you would be approaching the temperature limits of that particular oil. my 2 cents

Return to “Maintenance”