***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Weird things with the maintenance settings

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

theforceunleashed
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Weird things with the maintenance settings

Postby theforceunleashed » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi all...
I have a strange issue with my VRX.
It was set for next maintenance at 30,000km.
I am only on 14,000km, and all of a sudden when I started my car up, the display changed to ---- and then "periodical maintenance" appeared on the screen, and the MMCS also came up showing something about maintenance.
I checked the info/maintenance, and it had my last service date of 30/9/10.
Has anyone had this experience?
Also sometimes when I start the car, even on a day with no rain, the wipers turn on for one wipe, and then turn off.
Is my car possessed!

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:23 pm

Our services are every 15000kms...

Edit: My wipers go off sometimes for no reason. Its dust I think.
Last edited by Dire on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hitman
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Hitman » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:23 pm

If you have the auto wipers on, they are supposed to give 1 wipe when the car starts to clear anything from the sensors so they can work properly. That's what Mitsubishi told me.

As I don't want to get scratches in the glass I leave the auto wipers off unless it is a rainy day, then I leave them on to do there thing.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:25 pm

The wipers sometime sweep because of dust. When driving through a dust storm the wipers will go as well.

As for the periodical maintenance you have to check the intervals. If it happens all the time and you've checked that your interval says every 15000, it could be you have a real fault in the car that it's alerting you to.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:30 pm

The MMCS and service can be set to date and kilometres travelled.

I would think when it was last serviced they did not change the date in the MMCS service checks.

In fact I would be surprised if the dealers play with the MMCS service checks at all.

theforceunleashed
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby theforceunleashed » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:33 pm

Ok, So the wipers thing is normal.

With the middle display saying Periodic Interval coming up the the display it is weird, because this morning I got in the car and it have 30,000km for next service or 8/11. So I checked on the MMCS and it only had last time I had the service done. Which was at 14,000km. I changed it to 8/8/2011, but still comes up on the middle display Periodic Interval, and then has the oil can sign. I checked the oil, and its fine, car isn't leaking.
I was thinking of going to the service center where I had it done (knox) and get them to check it out.

tomtom
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby tomtom » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Dire wrote:My wipers go off sometimes for no reason. Its dust I think.

Its so annoying when that happens ><

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:50 pm

theforceunleashed wrote:Hi all...
It was set for next maintenance at 30,000km.
I am only on 14,000km, and all of a sudden when I started my car up, the display changed to ---- and then "periodical maintenance" appeared on the screen, and the MMCS also came up showing something about maintenance.
I checked the info/maintenance, and it had my last service date of 30/9/10.

The service reminder seems not to have been reset to 30,000 by whomever did your service. It needs to be done with the MUT or on the console, instructions here http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=604
I'm not usre if the MMSC can control the ETACS service reminders. I'm thinking the MMSC is just a courtesy reminder rather than a control of the ETACS schedule.

theforceunleashed wrote:Periodic Interval, and then has the oil can sign. I checked the oil, and its fine, car isn't leaking.
I was thinking of going to the service center where I had it done (knox) and get them to check it out.

Um oil can is not a good sign. Oil pressure issue perhaps. Did they change the oil filter out? LOL. Best to take it to Knox and ask them to look into it.

Mine started doing service reminder when I hit 14,000 (mine was due 15,000). I'll be resetting my service reminder tonight as I serviced it today.

Hitman wrote:If you have the auto wipers on, they are supposed to give 1 wipe when the car starts to clear anything from the sensors so they can work properly. That's what Mitsubishi told me.

Bulldust! The sensor "sees". What it should see is water droplets and the way it refracts light. What does happen sometimes is dust or sometimes the way it catches a ray of sunlight and that's enough to trigger it.
I have my sensitivity set to medium at all times and have this event occur very rarely.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

jjpapaik
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jjpapaik » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:48 pm

yeah mine started going at 1000, for the 1500 complimentary service! i don't even know how to reset the damn thing!

Goose003
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Goose003 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:14 pm

Hey everhyone, iv got pretty much the same problem Jen's got, service id due in 500 k's and the "routine maintenance required" message pops up. Should I just wait for 1500? or go for an early service?
DBA Rotors W EBC Pads
UR Struts & Eibach Pro Kits
Alpine Head & Hertz Splits W/ Blackvue DRG500
Takeda SRI & Custom Exhaust

Tin_Pusher
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Tin_Pusher » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:31 pm

I got that too with the first service and thought it was an early reminder, but don't recall seeing it before the 15,000k one.

Right now, try as I might, I can't get the service reminder to move on from 30000k to 45000k. I had the 15000k service done at a Preston Motors branch (Tullamarine) but they didn't reset the reminder. I don't think they are as familiar with Mitsubishi as PMR. I managed to reset it to 30000k myself afterwards, but having just had that service now, I can't move it on any further.

Latino_Ralliart
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Latino_Ralliart » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:33 am

Sorry to bring back an old topic. But as soon as my car hit 1100km I get the routine maintenance required. However the first service is due at 1500km or in 2 more months.

Has it been agreed this is an early reminder? Kind of annoying as it appears everytime the car turns on however only for a split second.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:35 am

Once you get within a few hundred km of your service the message starts alerting upon starting the car.

Latino_Ralliart
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Latino_Ralliart » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:13 am

LZY_EYE wrote:Once you get within a few hundred km of your service the message starts alerting upon starting the car.

Wow how quick was that. Thanks for the response.

Return to “Maintenance”