***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Car Service Damage and Delivery Receipt?

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

mitsfan
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Car Service Damage and Delivery Receipt?

Postby mitsfan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:24 pm

Would you leave $1000 in cash at a business without getting a receipt? How about $20,000 to $50,000?

It has become normal for car service centers (Mitsubishi and other) to expect that you will simply leave your pride and joy without so much as a numbered docket to confirm you have left a car at all. Order fish and chips or leave your coat, and you get a docket, but not your car! Ask for a receipt for your car next time and see what sort of reaction you get.

The other problem, which members in ClubCJ have already reported, is that damage is sometimes done to your car when left for servicing, and it can be difficult to prove that the damage was in fact done at their premises. (Even worse, if your car was to be stolen while left with the service agent, what proof would you have that you left it with them at all?)

For my last two CJ services, I have pre-printed a delivery form/receipt that includes:

1. My name and address.

2. The name and address of the business at which you are leaving the vehicle.

3. The details of the vehicle being left (rego, manufacturer, model, colour, etc).

4. The condition in which the car has been left comprising an itemised list of any existing damage, and reference to the fact that these damages have been photographed, and a declaration that no other damage exists.

5. A place for the person receiving your vehicle to sign and print their name and date, confirming that the above car has been left at their premises in the above condition.

The person receiving your vehicle will need to inspect your vehicle and add any other defects to the list that he finds before signing your delivery form.

When picking up your vehicle, they may want you to inspect your vehicle and sign your own delivery form again confirming that you have collected your vehicle without any additional damage to it.

I find it helps a lot to thoroughly clean and even detail your vehicle before leaving it for a service. This makes it much easier to see any damage, and also demonstrates to them how much you care for and about your car (as does requiring that they sign the above delivery form).

It is also important to photograph your car well each time before leaving for a service - many CJ owners would probably photograph their car after doing a thorough clean and detail in any case.

Having done this twice now, I can confirm that my local Mitsubishi service agent has obliged my requirements without a second thought. I got the impression from him that I was not the first to do this, though I don't know anyone else who does.

Anyway, I thought that since most ClubCJ members care about their Lancer, that they might like to know about my experience.

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:36 pm

That is an excellent piece of advice mitsfan,
When I sent my son's R32 Nissan Skyline to Darwin after rebuilding it for him,I had to sign heaps of paperwork and have a pre departure check and acknowledement of general condition,damage or any other problems before it went on the car carrier.
It's always a good idea to leave a paper trail to protect your car and the investment placed in it.
Thanks again - Chris.
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:23 pm

This sounds like a very good idea to me and I'll have to look at doing something like this myself, I think.

Do you note down the Odo reading as well when you do yours?
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:32 pm

I get my car back 100% as it was... That I know for sure...

Only because I don't send it anywhere! DIY FTW.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:39 pm

So I guess that's an invite to drop our cars at your place for a service?
Call 1300-SIR-VRX. LOLz
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

Lethal_1
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Location: Sth Side Of Brisbane, Here @ Springwood, Qld, Australia.

Re: Car Service Damage and Delivery Receipt?

Postby Lethal_1 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:09 pm

mitsfan wrote:For my last two CJ services, I have pre-printed a delivery form/receipt that includes:

1. My name and address.

3. The details of the vehicle being left (rego, manufacturer, model, colour, etc).

4. The condition in which the car has been left comprising an itemised list of any existing damage, and reference to the fact that these damages have been photographed, and a declaration that no other damage exists.

5. A place for the person receiving your vehicle to sign and print their name and date, confirming that the above car has been left at their premises in the above condition.

WOW.? - That's Awesome Mitsfan ... Any chance of sharing that " Pre-Printed Delivery Form/Receipt.? " - I'd seriously actually Use It.!!

I'm alittle ... lets just say " Paranoid " about my ride, right down to " fingerprints & leaning on the car .!! "

I know, I can't help it, but this form U have makes perfect sense.! - I'm surprised service centers don't already do this.?
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #0098
NA AUTOSPORTS AND ENGINEERING - 3808 3048

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: Car Service Damage and Delivery Receipt?

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Lethal_1 wrote:
mitsfan wrote:For my last two CJ services, I have pre-printed a delivery form/receipt that includes:

1. My name and address.

WOW.? - That's Awesome Mitsfan ... Any chance of sharing that " Pre-Printed Delivery Form/Receipt.? " - I'd seriously actually Use It.!!

I'm alittle ... lets just say " Paranoid " about my ride, right down to " fingerprints & leaning on the car .!! "

I know, I can't help it, but this form U have makes perfect sense.! - I'm surprised service centers don't already do this.?

With the amount of mods you have on your car lethal, I would be just as paranoid. I would probably be standing behind the putz that is servicing it for the entire time. But for mine as stock, I wash and polish the car and take pictures from all angles (with the date on the pics) on the day I take it in for services. Just to make sure I see where the car has been 'leaned on' and touched. Always check the odometer as well.

Return to “Maintenance”