***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

UNDER COVER

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

UNDER COVER

Postby sarusa » Wed May 16, 2018 9:44 am

Does your car have one of these under the engine and if so what model and year is it.
Understand Cf Black Edition has it,appreciate confirmation

EVO 10 has it and I believe so does RA and so did my MY15 ES Sport, it went missing after first service by dealer.

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Re: UNDER COVER

Postby lancerdarryl » Wed May 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Not all the Lancers had full under engine trays. Best bet is to find the exact same model as yours.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Wed May 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Highly unlikely your car had the full engine cover as found on a Ralliart or Evolution as there is no need for it on an ES. It's to provide a flat surface for less turbulent airflow under the car at high speed.

However there are two variations on the front cover, parts 5379A537 and 5379A539.

The first one was on cars from 2008-10 and second for 2011-17. At the recent Vic meet up I noticed that when benyamin was trying to show off his billet alloy oil filter it wasn't visible or accessible from under the car like on mine. Both his and Vikings' car had the same front cover and both were built prior to 2011 (Incidentally both VRX but research has found that build date is what's important).

Again it's highly unlikely your 2015 car would have the older cover, I saw at Eltham when you showed me that your car has the same cover as mine where the oil filter is visible from below. The dealer hasn't stolen anything from you to put on another car.

Are you sure you aren't just mistaking seeing the older style cover on someone else's earlier model car?

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Wed May 16, 2018 12:20 pm

VRX’s did have full under trays
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR

"Don't back off until you hit something"

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Wed May 16, 2018 2:42 pm

Mooman wrote:Highly unlikely your car had the full engine cover as found on a Ralliart or Evolution as there is no need for it on an ES. It's to provide a flat surface for less turbulent airflow under the car at high speed.

However there are two variations on the front cover, parts 5379A537 and 5379A539.

The first one was on cars from 2008-10 and second for 2011-17. At the recent Vic meet up I noticed that when benyamin was trying to show off his billet alloy oil filter it wasn't visible or accessible from under the car like on mine. Both his and Vikings' car had the same front cover and both were built prior to 2011 (Incidentally both VRX but research has found that build date is what's important).

Again it's highly unlikely your 2015 car would have the older cover, I saw at Eltham when you showed me that your car has the same cover as mine where the oil filter is visible from below. The dealer hasn't stolen anything from you to put on another car.

Are you sure you aren't just mistaking seeing the older style cover on someone else's earlier model car?

My car had the cover 120% sure. First thing that I noticed when taking off the front cover (top one)to modify for extra air flow for RA snorkel
I dropped one of the clips down there and looked to retrieve it, then looking down there and under the car, thought Hell it's probably i
down in the middle by now! goodby!!!

NEXT:- later date jacked car up and slid under car from the front with cans of body deadener looking for places for it.
went along and passed cover under engine bay, decided not to spray it because of the material. Slid further down still on my back and thought came to me,"HOW THE HELL DO THEY DRAIN THE OIL" Slid back under where the sump should be and noticed the bolts holding up the "sump plug cover" Thought crazy but oh well.

So don't try and tell me I am mistaken or dreaming and no I have not seen one of these on another car and at the time of my first complaint had no idea of what other models had or didn't have, all I know mine did and it was now missing!!!!!! Here are two pictures. one after 2800ks with cover and the2nd 200ks after. All driving done in the same area and in similar weather conditions no dirt roads.
Last edited by sarusa on Wed May 16, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 pm

According to service department when I rang them up by mistake when checking up on what was and and wasn't
and knowing who was on line was told Mitsu fitted these panels on various cars now and again.

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Wed May 16, 2018 4:15 pm

There is a cover that goes under the whole front of my VR-X and to the side an inspection panel for accessing the sump plug and filter it is held in by five 10mm hex bolts and has a two tongues that hook into the front of the main panel. Image Numbers in blue are fitted to my car and and they correspond to the table at the top of the image.
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

benyamin
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby benyamin » Wed May 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Yeah, I found my sunnies behind that cover when I changed the oil.
They'd been missing a couple of weeks and won't be worn again... *doh*
MY09 VRX one of these: (cj-sb-red)

Return to “Maintenance”