***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

135k Service VRX

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: 135k Service VRX

Postby bumblebee » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:02 pm

That doesnt sound right at all

Ford Australia tried this years ago and took "ultra tune" to court cos ultra tune serviced fords as per log book and did all the right stuff but half price of ford.
Ford sulked.
Ford in court majorly lost.
I have no doubt mitsubishi will lose in court also

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:40 pm

This is not a Mitsubishi warranty its a used car extended warranty which is not covered by the same laws as new car warranties.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:14 pm

Yes, dealer warranties are different. The extra charge helps with revenue and helps pay for any claims.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:42 am

Lancer1993 wrote:This is not a Mitsubishi warranty its a used car extended warranty which is not covered by the same laws as new car warranties.

Let me guess .
Its the australia wide extended warranty that used car yards charge you an extra $1500 or so for when you boght the car.

Guess what

That contract you signed and paid for. It aint worth the paper its written on.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:57 am

Probably but I don't want something to happen in 2 years only to find it would have been covered but its not because I didn't do the service so I'm up for $1000s in repairs.

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:26 am

The way I read the dealer warranty was that if you don't do this and we find out when/if you make a claim we can wipe our hands and walk away. I got one when I brought the Magna, wished I hadn't. But I understand the reasons why you do this kind of thing as it does give you piece of mind, as Lancer1993 said, you don't want the unexpected to happen and have yourself out of pocket and car. But also some of those warranties have an incredibly limited scope of what they will cover (modifications to vehicle etc). From memory the Magna one didn't cover major engine failure over x age, which if I had read at the time I would have told the dealer where to shove it. As long as you read the fine print, and look after the car like it was your first born then there should be no trouble... except that person pulling out of a side street and T boning you...
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:10 am

With the australia wide warranty on 2nd hand cars you buy from 2nd hand dealers
When the car goes kaput the warranty they sell you wont cover you for diddly squat
I have been down this road so too has many hundreds of others round the country
Like i said their warranty isnt worth the paper its written on

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:24 pm

What I hated most about the process was much of this wasn't discussed until I was ready to sign, and as we know at that point its all about your 'new' car. I would have liked a meeting beforehand where they discussed all of this stuff in detail, take notes and ask questions before signing. I guess its also why they prefer using there finance as they can add on stuff where is you got a load else where you have a fixed amount and they can't easily add stuff to the total cost.

The upside is this is a Mitsubishi dealer so there should be no issue over doing the job right.

BTW they also sell tires, no I'm not using them to get new ones but will get a quote to see just how much they want to charge.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Trap for young players
Lesson learnt

A word of advise from my laywer i got some time ago

Never sign anything you dont understand

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:05 am

So I got the TOG air filter, delivered in 2 days!

The service without air filter was just over $450, didn't do the GB oil as they said it was not due. Checked a bunch of stuff and I got a free coffee while waiting to check it in, now if only they had put on a lunch spread that would be service!

Tyres are good for 6 months for will wait for the next 4/3 deal when they roll around at Easter.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:01 am

[quote="Lancer1993"]What I hated most about the process was much of this wasn't discussed until I was ready to sign

The upside is this is a Mitsubishi dealer so there should be no issue over doing the job right.

Maybe!! :(

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:12 am

Mine is also a Mitsy deal (and some other brands) where I got my used CJ, so yes they know what they are doing.

Yes the one thing I did like is when I was actually signing the paperwork (just before I signed) is when they went through all that stuff, and at that point you're just thinking about your 'new' car.

But I must say they are good and have been from the start where I have tyre/wheel issues (check my CJ thread) for the details but in the end it worked out and I got new wheels of my choice which they paid a high percentage of the cost. I've not had an issue with services and they have been helpful when I asked about mods I can do.

Although it would be nice to find a dealer who can get into the codes and change settings like having the doors lock when you go over 20kph like on many new cars now, been told here it can be done.

BTW is yours a used CJ? if not you are legally allowed to go else where, unfortunately mine falls under a used car we tended warranty which is managed through the dealer and not the manufacture so I can't for the next 3 years.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Just checked the cabin air filter and it was a bit dirty so I might get a new one in a few weeks after the silly season is done.

Last did it exactly 2 years ago today, good thing I wrote the date on the front, 20 Dec 2015.

How often should they be changed?
Kinda amazed they didn't do it at the service last week.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:21 pm

You cant change it by time as everyone's situation is different. You change it when it gets too dirty

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:09 pm

I gave mine a quick clean with the vacuum so its good for now. The AC is working which is the important thing this time of year!

I was just amazed they didn't replace the filter and add it to the bill last week.

Return to “Maintenance”