Re: Ceramic Clear Coating
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:21 pm
Washing the car this weekend, will see if I get a chance to do more. For me its like a 2 day job. Wash and vacuum Saturday then do the rest Sunday if I have time!
sarusa wrote:Clay the car if needed, gently wipe on wait 15 minutes or more and gently wipe off with Zaino Z2 pro: polymer paint sealant and get that magic finish. Good for up to 6 months with so little effort.
adamhumphrey wrote:From what I have read about ceramic coatings. I have been a car detailer for 15 years and I have a bottle of coating from Black Hawk Car care to put on both my cars.
The steps that I have read is:-
- Wash Car and Remove any contaminants i.e Tar, Iron filings and overspray.
- Paint correct car to remove scratches and swirls (These will be locked in otherwise once ceramic coat goes on)
- Before application of coating use isopropyl alcohol to clean surface of paint.
- Apply coating as per instructions
- Leave for 48+ hours and not allow any contact of water till the coating cures.
I will report back after I apply this coating in September but from what I have read its pretty awesome.
Lancer1993 wrote:OT - I did a sill thing yesterday when filling up, there was a tiny bit of fuel spill and I didn't wash it off.
Noticed a mark/stain when washing it today, about 24 hours later.
Would not wipe off
I have now used some bug remover stuff and its removed most of it, will check it in the morning and give it another go.