***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Rough Idle After Service

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: Rough Idle After Service

Postby sarusa » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:37 am

merlin wrote:Possible sticky EGR valve.

My thoughts as well. problem still persists. Start from cold and through to warm engine all smooth idle. Take it for a run,
rough idle. Notice wheezy! escaping air sound while driving from lower front left of cabin. EGR location! .
Question, why would they interfere with the EGR after only 18 months and less then 5,000ks? Suspicious!!!
Service report shows they have checked EGR. Took it back again. they checked it with their gear and claim its normal,
nothing shows up. Will take it to opposition dealer and have it checked, or get my mechanic to look at it.
plus see if there is any evidence of the EGR valve having been removed and if so why.

Have checked air filter all fitted properly.

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:10 am

Just a theory but one that could be easily checked.

You have the Ralliart snorkel? The original has the holes in the bottom which would allow for warmer air from the engine bay to mix with air from outside.

This would mean that the air at the MAF sensor would be slightly higher for any given flow than the air purely from atmosphere with the Ralliart one.

The MAF sensor would be colder with the Ralliart which the car would see as a higher flow of air or air of higher density (cooler) then compared to the stock snorkle.

This in turn would cause the fuel to lean out causing a rough idle.

Again just a theory but if you have the old snorkel you could put it back and test the results. If it is the issue then to use the Ralliart one effectively would require a ECU remap.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:08 am

I have a RA snorkel which I fitted to my car over a year ago and it didn't cause any difference to idle when fitted.
Just gave me an overall improvement.

I'm almost certain my problem is EGR. Something has happened during service, as car was running fine before service and different after.

Will be following this up, through alternative source. Feel like telling them to stick their next three, free services up their rear end.

First service car came back with items, that were there (100% sure) removed. While they were items not usually fitted to this model. they were there. They claim to know nothing about it, claim they never were there. Showed them photos proving they were there.

Service manager finally offered to replace them at cost of items. I refused the offer, as i felt it would be wrong to pay for something
that was already mine. Principle!!!!! If I find something has happened this time. I'll be pushing for everything, Plus unpleasantries. :x

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:26 am

Something I didn't mention. Picked up and discussed after service, told it was normal, fuel Injectors are distinctly audible, with bonnet up at idle. Should they be audible at all?

Pitty I'm stuck with them for another 3 services. Free services as agreed to on purchase.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Take it back to the service agent and let them fix it first.
No joy
Call mitsy Australia head office and complain

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:59 pm

bumblebee wrote:Take it back to the service agent and let them fix it first.
No joy
Call mitsy Australia head office and complain

Yes thanks. Get an opinion from my mechanic of 28 years first. 8)

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Sounds good
Keep us posted

Return to “Maintenance”