***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Which jumper leads should I buy for my lancer?

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Re: Which jumper leads should I buy for my lancer?

Postby burfadel » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:08 pm

The Mitsubishi battery is only 285 CCA or something (it's high 200 something, can't remember exactly though!). Obviously this is enough to start the car, but it isn't exactly high capacity. It also doesn't appear to be calcium battery which is better on fluid, so the batter will probably dry before the time it is actually worn. They would have done that at each service though.

Trickle charging with solar panels can be bad because the charge isn't stable, and it can overcharge the battery. It can also lead to a higher rate of sulphation. Decent battery chargers that trickle charge do it in a way that reduces this, and also they don't overcharge the battery. They typically have a desulphation mode on them as well which can be used occasionally to prolong battery life.

For the Lancers, it's safe to jump start as a donor or receiver car as long as you follow the correct procedure with a decent set of leads with a spark arrestor/surge protector. The process cannot be rushed regardless of how much you or they are in a hurry.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

Return to “Maintenance”