***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

110k Mitsy Service Question - 09 VRX

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

110k Mitsy Service Question - 09 VRX

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:51 pm

So my 09 VRX is long over due for a service with 110k on the clock and about 15k in the last year since the book 105k.

My question is I think I'm due for brake and radiator flush this time around, not sure when they were done or when they are usually due in a NA 2.4.

What should I expect to pay at my local Mitsy service center... long story short my used CJ has an extended dealer warranty and I have to have then service it to keep the 5 year warranty.

So service cost, plus brakes flush and radiator flush. Just looking for ball park costs here guys before I call then tomorrow.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

darkage
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re: 110k Mitsy Service Question - 09 VRX

Postby darkage » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:31 pm

Best to call around, since all dealers don't charge the same amount for the same work. i think with extended dealer warranties, you have to service it on the dot just before the service item is due. Otherwise it may give them an excuse to reject any warranty claims related to that service item.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:57 pm

I'm amazed they don't call or email letting you know it's due. But I guess like you said its to there advantage if they have an excuse in the future to reject a claim.

Either way its booked in for the week before xMas, only date that works for me as I has a 20 min drive to the dealer. Not really an issue but unfortunately it means half a day lost... or doing last minute shopping.

The dealer cost is $350 for the service which includes brake fluid change, another $85 if they need to do the coolant.

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:21 pm

Really?

My local Mitsi dealer sends me reminders every 6 months for services and letters for recalls lol...
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:55 pm

I've had my 09 VRX 2 years now with no service reminders and the only recall letter I've got was from Mitsy Australia weeks or months after I had already got the recall sorted.

Bought it through a dealer which had a Mitsy new car branch in it's chain.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:03 am

Brake fluid change is mentioned in your service booklet. I think its every 48 months. Quite frankly I ran my Skyline for 16 years
over 260,000ks. and cant remember changing it, without any hassells. Recollection of my mechanic doing that when replacing brake pads and obviously would have done so, whenever due. All other cars were changed over every 4 years so nothing done there.
Its wise to change it periodically, as among other factors fluid can absorb moisture over time!

VRXblack
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby VRXblack » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:35 am

i have never registered with Mitsubishi or anything like that, but i was surprised when i got 2 letters for a recall in the mail. I would think that by the VIN number and that its registered to me through the rego office that they tracked me down. kinda impressed about that to tell you the truth.
Black 2010 VRX Lancer

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:59 pm

I bought my RA second hand and it was changed into my name at Mitsubishi when I got it serviced lol.. But maybe it's just something they do from brand new. My LX was bought brand new and I've gotten service reminders for it and recalls every 6 months or whenever necessary.

Strange. Thought all Mitsi dealers would have done it to be honest with you.
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:51 pm

I just think its good practice for the dealer to contact owners when a service is due, especially when warranty is involved. We all have busy lives and sometimes things like this get forgotten.

Also with services what I really find annoying is many dealers don't open the workshop on weekends, again many people can't have their service or repairs done on week days, it would be so much better if they were open Saturdays, even just until midday.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:41 pm

UPDATE - so just got back from my 120k service, no issues. They also did the brake fluid change and checked the alignment and balance as the front tires are wearing a bit on the inside. Whats annoying is a few months back when the car was repaired following the shunt they said the alignment was checked, wonder if they stuffed that up?

Next service will include a radiator flush.

And as always they messed with my AC settings, turning the climate control fan off auto and turning my headlights off auto, I hate that! I mean the lights were probably when they were checking things but there is really no reason to mess with the AC controls :)

Dannn
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Dannn » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:57 pm

They could've done a bacteria flush of the AC unit and vents. They done that to me on my 120k service.
Merlinised

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:59 pm

I noticed a sign for some kind of bacteria flush of your AC vents, but it was extra, good way for them to bap that bottom line! Maybe they were just testing it, next time I should leave instructions. Set CC to auto and 22° please and turn the light to auto! Should really check the dash cam for clues :)

yatza
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby yatza » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:55 pm

Lancer1993 wrote:And as always they messed with my AC settings, turning the climate control fan off auto and turning my headlights off auto, I hate that! I mean the lights were probably when they were checking things but there is really no reason to mess with the AC controls :)

they turn that sort of thing off so that when they are doing the service your battery wont go flat. its easier to just leave the ignition on.

a/c off, lights off (because they are on auto they stay on when inside the workshop) no flat battery to jump when its done.
probably unplugged the dash cam when inside too. no need for people who dont work there to see what goes on. should plug it back in for a test drive though.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:57 pm

My headlights turn off automatically if forgotten after about 60 seconds. In auto they turn off when the engine is off, even when ACC is on. IMO its more to do with testing the lights to see if they are working and by default the turn them off when the test is done as the majority of cars don't have auto off head lights. They did the same with the wipers but I tend to leave them in the off position unless its raining as they tend to turn on periodically by them selves with dust on the sensor. Makes you look stupid when its a bright sunny day!

I will say the car feels more powerful with the service, or maybe its just my imagination?

Dannn
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Dannn » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:16 pm

Fresh fluids will do that! :p
Merlinised

Return to “Maintenance”