***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

CJ Warranty Issue

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

CJ Warranty Issue

Postby sarusa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:44 pm

Went down and confronted my Mitsu dealer. Happened to glance over my first schedule service papers and noticed that start date warranty
was listed as 16-12-2014 (compliance date) Purchase date and first registration date New is 22-4-2015.
Their response was that, that is what Mitsubishi Australia's instructions were.

Issue I argued on here, was that if they were right, it would mean the car as advertised and presented to me with a 5 year warranty to me, appears to be a gross misrepresentation. In my case constitutes a 4 year and 4 month warranty and in every other such situation, to all who have purchased a similar car with a possible more or less outcome.

Furthermore, in all the paperwork that you get with the new car. The only place tat you will find relating to warranty start date
can be found in the Service and Warranty booklet page 7 which states. "NEW CAR WARRANTY (5 years from date of first registration or 100,000km)"

My dealer took the issue to Mitsubishi and the matter has been resolved in my favor. Will send me acceptance in writing . :D

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re: CJ Warranty Issue

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:14 pm

Yeah doesn't seem right that the warranty would start on the compliance date and not the date of purchase, what if it was a demo and sat there 6-12 months?

Good you got a win for this one!
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:53 pm

No, I'll argue the point and tell them if they hold a car in their yard for 5 years before they sell it, that means the buyer will not have any warranty on the car? It's not acceptable
Get in contact with Mitsubishi Australia

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:02 am

SEB15 wrote:No, I'll argue the point and tell them if they hold a car in their yard for 5 years before they sell it, that means the buyer will not have any warranty on the car? It's not acceptable
Get in contact with Mitsubishi Australia

Have been in touch with Mitsubishi Australia a while back, re time for 1st scheduled service, they claimed 12 months from compliance date.
So they set my 2nd service 4 moths early but I'm happy with this as it brings final service 4 moths prior to end of warranty. Time to make sure everything is right after 5th service!! My services are free. Will be contacting them re current issue.

Have had 7 new cars from various makers over the years and find Mitsubishi Australia the most uncooperative and most unhelpful.
Even trying to reach their head office by phone takes an effort. :(

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Got to the bottom of warranty issue. Apparently dealer purchases car from Mitsubishi Australia, (who by the way are only wholesalers), as demo ex fleet or whatever but car isn't registered or used for these purposes, Mitsubishi Australia claim the words relating to "First Registration" under NEW CAR WARRANTY, on page 7 of the Service and Warranty booklet, relates to the date when the dealer purchased the car from them and not to the date the car was registered for your legal usage. this date they relate to appears as compliance date on sales agreement. My personal position is being brought back to my registration date.

Would like to know, what the legal interpretation of Mitsubishi Australia's action is!

toc
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby toc » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:57 pm

Misleading and deceptive conduct - simple......
Unless of course, the dealer gave a discount for an ex-demo or similar car, then the car as new should be bought as a new car from Mitsubishi..

Return to “Maintenance”