***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Lancer ralliart Oil fluid at Boot lid

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

jason8939
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Lancer ralliart Oil fluid at Boot lid

Postby jason8939 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:18 am

Hi guys , i recently had to remove some oil pipes at the right hand side rear. Which oil bottle is at right hand side boot lid. After i took it off ,some oil leaked
and when i refilled , it reached to at minimum level.
When i drive back home, 4wd system service required light popped up. And when i restarted the light is gone. Anyone knows is it cause of oil level or spare wheel (i had to put spare wheel at rear)
Should i buy some oil from mitsubishi and refill some more to reach max level ?

Many thanks

jason8939
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Re: Lancer ralliart Oil fluid at Boot lid

Postby jason8939 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:54 pm

fearfulmaster1 wrote:Using the space saver spare will cause the 4wd service light.

As for the fluid level, check it when it is cold or at least wait xx minutes (as per owner manual) after driving. From memory, the ACD fluid is just power steering fluid (dexron), which you can buy at any auto shop. But double check against the manual on the fluid type and how long to wait before refilling.

Thanks for the reply

the oil bottle inside boot lid is ACD fluid ?

When i check after i drive its below the Min level. I will refill it

I will check the service light after changing spare wheel to normal one.

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:49 pm

The fluid that you have to use is ATF SP III, automatic transmission fluid.
If you used the space saver wheel, that will be the issue as the LSD doesn't like tires with different size ie: 235 on the left and 240 on the right or different front to rear, all four tires need to be same size

LiX
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby LiX » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:14 am

You have introduced air into the AWC system. Hurry up to the dealer to perform the ACD bleeding before something worst happen. You can't bleed it yourself because this is electronic hydraulic system and needs MUT III tool to perform the bleeding. The AWC bottle has internal filter which is at the minimum level mark, which means that when fluid is below the minimum adding fluid will make an air gap.
So, go fast to the dealer to perform the bleeding before damaging your AWC pump.

jason8939
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jason8939 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:06 am

SEB15 wrote:The fluid that you have to use is ATF SP III, automatic transmission fluid.
If you used the space saver wheel, that will be the issue as the LSD doesn't like tires with different size ie: 235 on the left and 240 on the right or different front to rear, all four tires need to be same size

Thanks for the information!

jason8939
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jason8939 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:11 am

LiX wrote:You have introduced air into the AWC system. Hurry up to the dealer to perform the ACD bleeding before something worst happen. You can't bleed it yourself because this is electronic hydraulic system and needs MUT III tool to perform the bleeding. The AWC bottle has internal filter which is at the minimum level mark, which means that when fluid is below the minimum adding fluid will make an air gap.
So, go fast to the dealer to perform the bleeding before damaging your AWC pump.

Hey Liz~

Oh.. What do you mean it needs MUT III ?

I shoudnt just take off the pipe to bleed ? and put it back and refill?

You talking about the red colour oil at rear right

And whts the worst happen as i cnt take it to the dealership until next week. I shouldnt drive untill then ? Or should i take it to normal mechanic shop ?

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:34 am

MUT III is a Mitsubishi scan tool, only Mitsu dealer has it and v few mechanics owns one. Is the only scan tool able to bleed your AWD system. Not sure how safe is to drive it like that.

jason8939
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jason8939 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:19 pm

SEB15 wrote:MUT III is a Mitsubishi scan tool, only Mitsu dealer has it and v few mechanics owns one. Is the only scan tool able to bleed your AWD system. Not sure how safe is to drive it like that.

Oic, I spoke to one of mechanic from Mits saying try to put normal wheel, fill oil and then squeeze the hose so air comes out. If still not working then he said bring it in.

LiX
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby LiX » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:47 pm

With such actions from your side you could damage your AWC pump. I highly suggest to bring your car to the dealer to perform the bleeding. That's the only way you can be sure that AWC system is in good shape, of course after changing to normal wheel.
As Seb15 said, avoid filling anything different than OEM Mitsu DiaQueen ATF III fluid, as incorrect fluid can also damage the AWC pump.

It is safe to drive like that, but you are risking a costly repair of the AWC pump.
These cars are not made to be driven with a temporary wheel, so better put a normal wheel back on and avoid driving it until you can bring it to the dealer.

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:02 pm

Yep agreed with "Lix" space saver wheel is just to get you to the tire shop to get your tire/wheel fixed, not to drive with it for long distance.
I recommend to get a full-size spare or a puncture kit. I took mine out and got a puncture tire kit

Return to “Maintenance”