***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Replacement Fuel Filter?

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

benyamin
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Re: Replacement Fuel Filter?

Postby benyamin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:00 pm

I believe the second pipe on the Z991 is for the fuel return line from the regulator on the fuel rail of turbo models. The Z924 / Pump (NA) assembly includes the regulator and spills back inside the tank and so has no fuel return line to connect. It also includes a fuel gauge sender unit... The Z991 has no sender unit (it is a separate unit under the RH inspection panel on the 4B11T / RA / Evo) and also requires you to disconnect a suction pipe inside the tank not present on NA tanks...

Turbo tanks are supposed to be 55L and NA tanks are supposed to be 59L - unless that's a typo in the TIM. I've never filled with more than 49L from "empty"... I only have info till MY11 so YMMV.

CORRECTION: Turbo's have a 55L tank, not a 50L tank. Corrected in text as no strike-through enabled...

P.S. Turbos also have a pre-filter on the end of the suction pipe fitted inside the tank. You'd have to put your arm right in to get to it...!
MY09 VRX one of these: (cj-sb-red)

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:30 am

Worst thing to can do when replacing the filter is to do it with a full tank
Get the tank as empty as possible
There is plenty of safety precautions to be done but by far the biggest is to have the least amount of fuel in the tank.
The filter sits inside a cradle
That cradle when you lift it leaks fuel everywhere
So do it slowly and carefully and turn it on a n angle a bit and you will see fuel pouring out of it.

This is not something for the faint of heart and if you can't tell the difference between a socket and a spanner then better off to get it to a mechanic to repair it for you

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:03 pm

lancerdarryl wrote:Z991 is a twin pipe delivery. Have a look on the Ryco filter website they have photos of their products. Dual fuel pumps ?

Nope
Single fuel pump

The 2nd hose adaptor is for fuel rail return

The fuel pump on the Evo X is the same as the CY lancer in dimensions. Not sure the fuel pressure if the Evo X , but the Lancer is a boring old 100LPH
You can take a E85 fuel pump for the Evo X and shove it in the lancer. The fuel pump motor itself is also the same in the RA.

Return to “Maintenance”