***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

90k Service Question

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: 90k Service Question

Postby sarusa » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:54 am

basename409 wrote:Need the 90k service for my MY11 Lancer ES in QLD in the next few months. Three nearest Mitsi dealerships have quote me around $1.1k at the moment.

Obviously it's cheaper from independents on fixedpriceservice.com.au but do they use the correct fluids/parts etc.

Anyone got any recommendations for independents around Brisbane for this service ?

Buy the correct parts and fluids from dealer if you want, specifically those that are seen as essentially and need to be original. Hand them to the mechanic of your choice. :)

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:49 pm

I don't see how your 2011 model could be $1100, that is daylight robbery almost. Sounds like they're charging excessive amounts for the parts like the spark plugs, filter, cabin filter etc. I doubt that the dealerships would allow you to supply your own parts, then their excessive price would only be labour.

Just as example, or a cabin filter I think price miser wise this is a good choice:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282266867979

Half the price of the Ryco and is delivered, probably less than a third of the OEM price? It's okay for a cabin filter to be cheap like that, it serves only to provide cleaner air for you to breathe... and the this particular cheap filter does that just as well if not better anyway.

Basically just get a good, appropriate fully synthetic oil, spark plugs (yours only requries the FR6EI, $12.15 at Supercheap Auto each), oil filter, the above cabin filter which you can replace yourself, just tell them you have done so, and anything else that is required, and take them to a good, reputable, price competitive place.

The transmission fluid is also expensive, and the dealership most likely put a mark up on that as well. Just be thankful we have a timing chain (and not like the old Astron's) and not a timing belt. If we had a timing belt it would probably be due at the 90K service as well, which would probably add at least $500 (probably too conservative of a guess) to that dealer service cost.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

basename409
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby basename409 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:55 pm

ok, thanks to all for responses to my post. In the end I got it done at a dealer for $935 - they had a 20% off offer if you had it done between Xmas and New Year. They did breakdown the cost on the receipt, if I remember the Diaqueen CVT oil was $150.

They tried to sell me new wipers ($49) and something for the air con ($30 odd) but I refused politely telling them I was paying enough for the service :)

Also got the indicator recall done.

Yes it is a lot of money but at least you have some come back with the official dealer if there are any problems and is good for the resale to have had the 'big' service done at the dealer.

Return to “Maintenance”