***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Nulon Foaming Air Intake Cleaner

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:07 pm

aspir3 wrote:Just do it as suggested on the video. Take off the hose connected to the Tb.

The videos say spray it through the vacuum line, but shows it done through the throttle body :)
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

toc
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby toc » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:08 pm

burfadel wrote:[quote:c705776b1f=toc]Nope, the vacuum line accomplishes this too (remember, the piston is pulling a vacuum when it draws in, with that can on the end of the vacuum line, shes definitely going to get to where it needs to get to, including in the combustion chamber and down in the plenum (vacuum line after throttle plate).[/quote:c705776b1f] Isnt there a few vacuum lines? Which one do you think would be best to use? I just had a very quick look, maybe the one for the brakes? Since the car will be stationary, in park, with the handbrake on I was thinking it would be the most practical. However, this would also throw a check engine light I would presume? Again, would this go off after a while of proper operation? Im probably overthinking it!

That'd be fine, but you'd dump just as much fluid through the smaller lines too.

The only point to it Aspire is to avoid a CEL - I believe that will clear itself but I can't be sure in a CJ as I've not seen a code appear and clear :).

I have seen it in a CH though.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:11 pm

Yes they clear themselves. Or I can do it with several of my tools which read and clear codes

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:14 pm

That's good. That was the main thing I was concerned about. The other issue with having the check engine light on is that if something else happens to go wrong you have no way of knowing until symptoms present, because you' d just assume the light is on from the clean.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:33 pm

I can read the code which will tell you the latest fault

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:36 pm

I guess if there is a fault showing and it stays there for an extended period I'll ask you to check it out lol :)

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:39 pm

Very, very occasionly I use to get a code. I've probably had it come up 4 times in 5 years.

Of course since I bought a code tool I haven't had one.

Return to “Maintenance”