***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

30,000km service: what to expect

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:43 pm

Right I had mine a couple of months back. I got mine done for A$175 @ Penfold in Burwood where I got my car in the first place.

I did however bring my own Engine Oil (Castrol Edge Sport 5W30 for A$29.90 @ SCA). They offsetted A$55 off the bill.

So from that as some mentioned, the 30,000KM service is A$230 with them.

Not too bad. They're good for me. I think the Mitsu guy they have there is very knowledgeable in all things.

I will be sending my car for its 45,000 to Preston as PMR has promised to put a word in for me. so we'll see... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:54 pm

I'm almost due for my 60,000 :lol:

I'll DIY it as with all my other services

bryzabone
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby bryzabone » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:41 am

On this topic guys, i only just purchased my RX, and mitsu. just bought in fixed price servicing.

it was introduced 1st jan 2010,
"Mitsubishi Diamond Advantage Capped Price Service Program covers all items specified under the Regular Service Table detailed in the Service and Warranty Customer Information Booklet, including parts, labour and fluids. "
for my cj rx, its $195. Ralli/evo-$260
Regretfully, wont help you guys who bought last year, but might be new info for new members.
:shock:
For every "Drive Safely" sign, shouldn't there be a "Resume Normal Driving" sign?

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:10 pm

I'm interested to know how the "Capped Price Servicing" experience has gone. It was really one of the things offered by Mitsubishi that got me interested in the Lancer.

ash06
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ash06 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:14 pm

Hey guys,

Going in for my 30K service this week, would like to bring my own oil,

Any thoughts on what i should buy? :?
Links would be appreciated! :D

I have a NA 2.0L CVT

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:45 pm

So I did my 30,000km a few weeks ago by myself :) Changed the brake fluid and coolant while I was at it for the sake of it.

Checked over by Mitsubishi and stamped - cost me $135 - offset of $130+ (with coolant and brake fluid change it would have been an extra $105+ over the $130+) :)

So recommendations for you Ash, go with a synthetic oil:
Basic one would be - Penrite Everyday Synthetic 5w50 or 10w-40 (your pick) - http://www.penriteoil.com.au/products/m ... etic_5w-50 - $45 odd

Moving up - Castrol Edge Sport 5w-30 (bit thin imo) - http://www.castroledge.com.au/product/product_5w30.php OR Mobil 1 synthetic 5w-30 / 5w-50 - http://www.mobil1.com.au/products/product_5W30.aspx - these are around $60-70

Getting to the top (and what I HIGHLY recommend) - German brand named Liquimoly LEICHTLAUF HIGH TECH 5w-40 - http://www.liqui-moly.com.au/oil_retail.htm - $70

And if you really go hard - Motul 8100 X-Cess 5w-40 - $80 - http://www.motul.com.au/product_line_up ... oke11.html (I use this at the moment)

Your pick. Anything higher than $80 is a waste of money, as our engines really don't go hard enough to warrant using anything more expensive. However, you get what you paid for :).

Just my 2c worth. Hope that helps.

ash06
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ash06 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:31 am

exaltd,

THANKS MATE :)

Exactly what i was looking for, Service booked in for Monday & given the all clear to bring in my own oil.
I just got off the phone to the service dep. & fogot to ask one thing..

Uh.. and now a noob question. but how many L do i purchase for the 2.0 NA Lancer?

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:23 pm

4.3L is enough, thus you just get 1X 5L bottle of oil. They will give you back the remiander.

Tell me which one you picked when you've got everything done and setlled :).

ash06
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ash06 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:42 am

Had my 30K service done at Lincorp Parramatta, cost $220 all up (with a rotate & balance of wheels too)

I ended up using Castrol Edge Sport 5w-30, as it was the easiest to get a hold of - However the service guys noted that it is on par with what they would've used anyway, Halvoline Premiun Plus? I believe :/ thoughts?

The car runs mooth as always & a tiny bit quieter on the engine side now :)

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:15 pm

Stick to Castrol Edge. Halvoline is a cheap product, made by Caltex and now used by many dealerships - including the one I work at (Which funnily enough happens to be branded as Genuine Toyota Motor Oil :P). Sounds about right as well for the price.

As for the car running smoother and quieter, it is to be expected :) As the car is running a lower friction oil, and synthetic too, therefore less noise. It is also better for your car in the long run :).

Enjoy.

BeHaV3
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BeHaV3 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:35 pm

When is enough enough?

My dealer services the ralliart at the 2 year mark. Oil, brake fluid and coolant change.

The guy came back and had the audacity to say it was $700+... I gave him an ear full about that amount, stated the amount in relation to their so called fixed price service. THey reduced the cost by ~200 because I challenged. How many do not challenge.

Then I saw the bill. The oil supply was $109 itself .... I went off again, but water fo the proverbial.

Can't wait for their followup call. I fell like giving Mitsubishi a call as this is simply greedy.

Regards.
peter.

Don't ask me the dealer....
CJ RA. Stock!

lamn8tr
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby lamn8tr » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:03 pm

Just got my 30k service done today. Cost me $260 as per the capped price servicing. Car seems to be going better. Usual items checked and oil replaced. Not too much to it really, seems abit of a rip off for whatever do.

They recommended me to take it back at 37500km, is this something that is really necessary before the 45000km service??? Apparently the 37500km service costs $130.

I'm no mechanic so wouldn't do any work on my car myself LOL!!

feral
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby feral » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:37 pm

Glad to hear your ok with the service I did on your car, I did the 2 year service on my car before xmas, still it cost me less than nrma road side service for a year even though I work there and supplied oil and filter.

lamn8tr
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby lamn8tr » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Hey Lindasay.....small world. My car is going great thanks. Must have been a nice surprise to see a CCJ RA pull in your work driveway. Saw a black Evo MR parked outside. You know if it had any work done to it?

feral
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby feral » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi Darren
He is typical of most Evo / Ralliart owners on the coast, mainly all stock. I did a service on that Evo, yours and another Ralliart that day, mostly would get 2 or 3 a week, 3 in 1 day a little unusual. Even most Evo 9's that come in are stock but we get a couple that are modified. But they mostly come in for their regular services either every 6 or 12 months. Let me know if you wanted to get the 37,500 service done when it comes closer cause I can do it at home if you want. It wont affect your warranty done by a licenced mechanic with genuine parts, it just depends on your driving if its needed.

Return to “Maintenance”