***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

CVT Fluid change - Deterioration level ECU update

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:33 am

Yea I wouldn't bother changing the NXF-5911filter if you where changing fluid at 60,000k but I would do it if the car has done around the 100,000k. When I took it out the filter was dirty and black so it is filtering some matter. My guess is its there to filter the smaller matter that would pass through the larger sump filter.
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

darkage
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby darkage » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Thanks for the helpful posts Kal777. What model of Jatco CVT you have ?

Good to know that your CVT filter DIY is a Repco supplied kit. I've called Mitsu in the past and they reported that theres no serviceable parts within the CVT tranny.

I've got a MY11 Outlander currently @ 80k. 1st Service interval is 90k for CVT fluid change. Planning on changing these holidays.

Was thinking of grabbing the ENEOS fluid, only since its green and easier to check for any fouling. I've seen the Penrite CVTV fluid, its very dark crimson colour indeed, but then again its easier just to go down the street to pickup Penrite.

Was thinking of sourcing ENEOS from some where like here -

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ENEOS-Synthe ... XQhuVRJd5O

Datasheet seems to indicate its J1 compatible.

Are there any forum members running ENEOS for long term. i.e. above 50,000kms etc ?

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:59 am

I can't confirm that the filters and gasket are correct for the outlander or asx.

Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:29 am

on 22nd Dec Kalum aka Kal77 wrote:Part number for the full kit is GSF-1100

I visited REPCO today & found that the above Part No: was incorrect.
No Big Deal since Kalum most probably had to find the number in amongst torn & creased paper from his kit.

The Correct Transmission Service Kit from REPCO is:
Part No: GFS-1110
Price: $96 .... :shock:

You can purchase the same kit on EBay for less than 1/2 the REPCO price
(the EBay Kits "DO NOT" include the Heater/Cooler Filter) which isn't part of the Trans Oil Service anyway.

Here is an EBay link to: :D
Lancer CJ Transmission Filter Kit

These Kits are supplied by TRANSGOLD, an Australian based Auto Parts Distributor @ Arndell Park in NSW.
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

skygunner

Postby skygunner » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi all, how often we need to change CVT fluid on 07 ES Lancer? I DIY mine at 134k with Penrite CVTV, now my mechanic recommended me to change at 147k? A bit too early you reckon? I did however find the transmission don't shift as fast when revving up though ...Should I go back to genuine you reckon?

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:59 pm

Sky cvt do not shift up. So not sure what you mean.

I would change cvt oil every 100,000km minimum and inspect every 50,000km. No way would I change again so soon unless it was really bad and needed flushing.

Probably best to get a new mechanic

skygunner

Postby skygunner » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:18 pm

Sorry, don't know much about CVT. I just found that when I tried to rev up my car to merge with freeway speed, it takes me longer to get the 100km compared to before (felt more strenuous than before) ...Same fuel etc too...oil change pretty recent too.

How do you tell how good/bad the transmission oil btw?
Last edited by skygunner on Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Most do it by colour and smell. You can take a sample and send it away for analysing but that costs as much as changing it

skygunner

Postby skygunner » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:12 pm

So how long in between should I change my auto transmission fluid? If I already been using the Penrite, any benefit to go back to the genuine DiaQueen J1? Dealer seem to charge arm & leg for it, and you can't get it from private mechanic. What's going price in Perth for full flush & fill?

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:58 am

The service manual is a great place to start to see the interval. Mine is 90,000 km or 72 months? (not sure on the time thing without checking, the 72 months figure is probably wrong but I'm using it just as an example ONLY). So, you change it at whichever point comes first. That is, if you only done 20,000 km but come up to the 72 months, you get it changed. If you do 90,000 km well before 72 months, you get it changed.

Secondly, there are two different fluid requirements for the Lancers'. The earlier Lancers' use J1, the recent models use J4. All those requiring J4 will most likely still be under the 5 year/130,000/100,000 km warranty, so it isn't an issue that you basically can't get J4 to do the servicing yourself.

For all those with cars requiring J4, absolutely make sure when they change it that they use J4 and not J1.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

gtirdoc
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re: CVT Fluid change - Deterioration level ECU update

Postby gtirdoc » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:06 pm

does anyone know where I can find a how to on changing the cvt cooler filter or better yet a YouTube video?
I can't find anything on it?

gtirdoc
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re: CVT Fluid change - Deterioration level ECU update

Postby gtirdoc » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:04 am

Can anyone help point out where I can find the cat oil lines??? As I am going to do a oil flush and trying to find the Line in and line out?
Thanks

Return to “Maintenance”