***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

MRT Performance Rhodes -

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

byzon3
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

MRT Performance Rhodes -

Postby byzon3 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:16 pm

Hi Guys,

Wanted to let you know about my experience I recently had

This was my second time at MRT Performance- Rhodes, even though I have heard rumors about certain experiences from different people about them.

I just had a major service and SST service and rotor and pads change

First off their customer service is really quite average for a place that charges top coin.

I had a few small issues with them during the 2 days they had my car. For one was quoted one price, then upon doing the work, calling me after to say extra work was done to say it was now going to cost X

The biggest issue I have is after examining my rotors & brakes they put on I notice both my front callipers had several markings on them .So I thought I would give my car a wash as the calipers were covered in grease and no attempt was made to keep them in the condition I bought them in or to at least clean up the mess they made.

These are not stone chips. The markings look like a items/tools came into contact with them or the calliper was placed somewhere it shouldn't have. The markings are clearly on the front facing part of the caliper(so who knows what their like where I cant see them) Both of them look very average now.

I am so annoyed about this, and so unfair they treat my property with such disrespect. I know theres nothing I can do as its a case of he said she said.

All I can say is this my warning to you guys. I would strongly advise to look elsewhere for getting work done. Wish I listened to the rumors I heard and by looking at the Google Reviews I'm not the only one.

Frizz
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Frizz » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:30 pm

I tried to get a quote from these guys to do a major upgrade to my RA. While their customer service was okay (they actually responded to my questions), I think some of the advice I was given was poor in comparison to other work shops while the end quote being much higher as well.

I think I saw your sexy EVO X Byzon when I was there buying a BOV last friday, I was admiring it for a while hahaha. Anyway their staff aren't the friendliest from my experience, although Brett on the other hand when I finally got a chance to speak to him was great and very helpful.

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:13 pm

at no point are they allowed to charge you for additional work that you do not consent to.
You the consumer always have choice to get a second opinion.

Not sure why they had your car for two days? god i hope you were not billed for 2 days of time...

As for the grease it could have been a very liberal application of brake cleaner. which is okay.

The marks are probably caused by removing the caliper off the rotor and then performing a balancing act by putting it somewhere nearby without disconnecting the brake lines to the caliper, thus avoiding an extra job to bleed the brake system.

Hate to say it but if the calipers are not firmly secured to another part of the vehicle (example: thick metal wire threaded through the caliper and then tied to suspension) they will eventually fall down.
Your brembos even more so they are freaking huge and heavy.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:55 am

That's right. They can't work on your car before advising the extra cost you were previously unaware of. I tell shops to let me know if their quote will increase by more than $50. That way I can decide to go ahead and they don't start anything until I say yes.

Also get everything IN WRITING. At least you have some documentation on hand and you don't pay for anything that's not there.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Return to “Maintenance”