***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

My Lancer somehow broke itself

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Locksmiff
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Locksmiff » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:57 pm

Why is it at another dealership instead of the one where you work at out of curiosity.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:06 pm

The more I read, the more confused I am...

You can't have no compression and a seized engine and have nothing that needs fixing... And you can't misdiagnose a seized engine lol, it either turns or it doesn't.

And Colts have different engines to lancers...

I thought this was a simple case of the engine being stopped too quickly, the question/problem comes up all the time as its common to (as far as I know) all CJ lancers, or at least NAs, but now I have no idea :?
Or are they really so bad at their jobs they couldn't get it going again after it being flooded?

But you're in the industry and it sounds like you can handle it, keep us updated :)

Is your car even running yet?

And apologies that you're not getting much support from us in WA, our activity has died down a lot recently... :(

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:14 pm

Dire wrote:The more I read, the more confused I am... You cant have no compression and a seized engine and have nothing that needs fixing... And you cant misdiagnose a seized engine lol, it either turns or it doesnt. And Colts have different engines to lancers... I thought this was a simple case of the engine being stopped too quickly, the question/problem comes up all the time as its common to (as far as I know) all CJ lancers, or at least NAs, but now I have no idea :? Or are they really so bad at their jobs they couldnt get it going again after it being flooded? But youre in the industry and it sounds like you can handle it, keep us updated :) Is your car even running yet? And apologies that youre not getting much support from us in WA, our activity has died down a lot recently... :(

^^^^^
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

kburnie
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby kburnie » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:06 pm

The engine definitely wasn't flooded. My problem is that nobody has given me a straight story and stuck with it.
I work at a Holden dealership now and as Much as I would have preferred I can't take it there for warranty work.
On Monday the service manager is emailing me the job card and a complete report of everything they've done so at least I'll have it all in writing to back myself up.

I do have my car back and so far it's running. I'm dropping the oil next week just to make sure.

It just feels like a very wishy washy experience at the moment made worse by the fact that I used to work at said dealership and with the very people who cannot give me a straight answer :(
I took the road less travelled, and that made all the difference.

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:05 am

Sounds like a good plan; swap all the fluids out and get everything checked (is there a different Mitzi dealer nearby, or can your own service guys do it for you?).

Good to hear you're up & running tho' :-D
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

kburnie
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby kburnie » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:36 am

Yes lucky for me I have a few around so I'll pick somewhere different next time :)
I think for all the fluid changes I'll just get my work to do it out of love or something :p haha

VRX257
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby VRX257 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:02 am

Try your spare key.

I have had this before, but it was only because the key's immobiliser chip was not properly contacting the key barrel's chip.

Hope it works!

kburnie
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby kburnie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:14 pm

Hey guys this was the official response I received from the dealership and it's all in writing so hopefully I can put this saga behind me now

"We found your vehicle had no compression due to the piston rings sticking. This fault is found on lancer and colt vehicle’s. My technician added oil to the cylinders and then cranked it over without the sparkplugs
in the engine which frees them up. This issue is not common I have only seen it 3 times since I have worked with Mitsubishi."

fingers crossed there will be no more problems.

VRX257
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby VRX257 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:14 pm

What Engine oil did you use at your last service? did you put any engine oil additive? did you use an engine flush?

Did you buy a Demo?

Just curious. Could be one or more of these combinations.

Lancer Engines are pretty much bullet proof. I am calling dealer bullshit, or one of the above questions I asked.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:26 pm

i`ve been in this club a long time and i`ve never heard of either a 4B11 or 4B11T seize.

stick with the warranty claim, although i will say as others have that an engine doesnt seize without causing any mechanical damage, keep an eye on it.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:13 pm

And it's odd we have two topics going at present both with seizing issues
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:13 pm

This one seems to be a inadequate oil delivery.

Those clearances in the engine are extremely tight. so oil + filter needs to be replaced often and perhaps more frequently than the 15,000km service interval depending on how its driven.

kburnie
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby kburnie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:48 pm

I do my oil every 10000km and a proper service every six months. I do understand that I do a fair few k's a year but the oil has pretty much been perfect every time we've drained and replaced it.
Wasn't a demo. I had to order from factory and waited four months for it. it was actually one of the first MY14 LX Lancers so who knows I may get all the issues.

I'm just glad I have something in writing now. I've been checking all levels daily and the first sign of trouble it will be going straight to another dealership.

Return to “Maintenance”