***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

I'm ripping up another CJ

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:41 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:Lol hey marcus, dont worry about the fuse box cover, getting that and the sway bar link tomorrow from a local wreckers for $50.

Nice score Erin. :D

Thanks for thinking of me Marcus.. Same wrecker as last time? What time you going? I might come with you again. :) SMS me later
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Yep thorsten that would be good. Might need ur electronic skills

citris.87
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby citris.87 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Marcus your getting quite a list here, if you need any cash up front let me know before you go.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:42 pm

Marcus that probably was me, after checking through the DIY threads found one where ofey tried to use a later model Bluetooth unit in order to use its USB plug. Turns out that the Bluetooth module with the Bluetooth has a different connecting plug. Hence why I'm after the Bluetooth module from an early model cj.

Do you know if this wreck has the module?

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:40 pm

OK peeps I think I got nearly everything that was asked for. It turned out to be a good day and Thorsten scored some nice door trims

However when I was leaving I saw something that made me realize I'm doing it all wrong and that I need to do more mods like this:

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:15 pm

Yup, good day indeed. Scored myself the leather door trims...
And John, yeah we got the steering wheel out within 5min or so, but Marcus decided to leave it behind with the guys as they wanted $180 for it. Crazy...

Marcus, I need to go back. I have the passenger side front door end bit missing. (close to the outside of the door). There is a plastic piece, which appears to be a separate item in the later models lancers. My 09 lancer, its all 1 piece (the top part of the door trim). So annoying. It must still be sitting on the ute we used as a table. I will go back on Monday during lunch. Hopefully I can find it.

Gotta chuck all the door pieces in the bin now which were in my car. My god, GLenn left so many screws out of the door when he changed the trim himself... ffs. some screws weren't in properly... what else will I find. hahaha :)
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

Meaty
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Meaty » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:33 pm

omg ...that Toyota .....my eyes hurt.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:05 pm

el3ment wrote:Yup, good day indeed. Scored myself the leather door trims... And John, yeah we got the steering wheel out within 5min or so, but Marcus decided to leave it behind with the guys as they wanted $180 for it. Crazy...

Gee 180$ is a bit steep considering they aren't even doing the removal themselves.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:19 pm

ahh the airbag is worth a bit by itself i think. they may sell it cheaper if the airbag wasn't attached

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:36 am

They told me $200 for the steering wheel. So I didn't buy it.

Return to “Maintenance”