***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

ABS Service Required after wash

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

eshanes
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

ABS Service Required after wash

Postby eshanes » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:50 pm

So I just gave my car a sneaky wash in what little spare time I had for the weekend and went to move it afterwards to be greeted by an 'ABS - Service Required' error as well as the majestic CEL. Compounding this it seems my speedometer has packed it in, which leads me to believe it could be a wheel sensor? Beyond that I'm clueless.

Had a quick read through some previous threads on here and tried the ol' battery-disconnect but to no avail.

I guess my first port of call (aside from here) will be a call to Mitsu in the morning to have it looked at (hopefully it's something covered under warranty) but if anyone had any past experience or suggestions that'd be ace.

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:59 pm

most likely some water got into the sensor in the hub. it should clear when it dries out
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:06 pm

You will need a OBD II reader to check the fault code exactly. and to clear the MIL light.
The Dealer will probably check the code and most likely clear it first to see if the fault re-occurs.
As Kal777 just said it is most likely water.

eshanes
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby eshanes » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Thanks guys. Still getting the error as of this moment but it's booked in at the dealer for Friday so I'm not rushing anything. It's a good excuse to ride my motorcycle everywhere for the week! :D

Return to “Maintenance”