***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Successful Warranty Claims

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Successful Warranty Claims

Postby Nick07 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:17 pm

This thread is to discuss the warranty claims that you have made and a solution has also occurred. Mitsubishi will not repair a problem unless they can fault it, which is fair enough. This thread should help others who might have a similar problem so that they can help Mitsubishi to identify the problem.

I have had two warranty claims so far:

Cruise Control not engaging:
My cruise control would work intermittently, I took it in three times to have the problem looked at and on the first two trips they could not fault it. I let the foreman take it home over the weekend and he found the problem to be that the computer was thinking the breaks were still engaged and therefore was cancelling the cruise control out. This was fixed under warranty and was completed in an hour.

AM radio not working:
The AM radio would run through a continual search for channels and never pick up any signals. Apparently this is a common problem in the earlier lancer models. This involves taking your car in twice, first time for them to fault it and record numbers etc. Second time is once they have the replacement unit in, they will fit the new unit. The fitting took roughly 2 hours as it was a last minute booking.

:)

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:19 pm

I have had numerous warranty repairs made. My warranty is up a few days before this Xmas, car will be 5 yo.

I had the radio/CD unit replaced as the AM radio was not working. I posted a new thread about this last yr. A very common fault

I had the cheap and nasty sunshades replaced I dont know how many times as they would not stay full forward up or in any down angle I put them in. Would just drop down under their own wt with or without slight vibration from driving.
Finally Mitsu installed a new part number with a better interior notched shaft to make it stay in place. They replaced both sides a few yrs ago.
This was a common problem on Lancers and ASX / Outlanders that used the exact same part numbers I was told by dealer.

They replaced the interior greyish gloss trim pieces across dash and on front doors as they were all discoloured in some way internally under the gloss plastic outer shell.

I think they were affected in the first yrs by UV light.
They looked perfectly new and shiny in the shade or at night but in the direct sunlight they looked all bleached out white in a blotchy pattern covering most of the width/length of each piece.
I hope it doesn't happen to the new ones too in a few yrs.

They also replaced the Bluetooth module as at least 50-80% of time it would come up with a jibberish 1-6 digit number when you told it to "Call >Name<".
It still does the same thing now so it is obviously a fault with the programming/ quality of the voice recognition in that part number series. Again I posted a thread about this yrs ago.
That is about it so far as far as I can remember.
All minor type stuff, just annoying and costly in time going to dealership over and over to get things inspected and fixed.
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:37 pm

I have made 2 warranty claims & Iam pleased with Mitsubishi with their service ....

No 1 .. Was when I had a broken shock & Mitsubishi didn't have to honour this as I have the King Springs fitted but they replaced the shock under warranty for me :D

No 2 .. The paint was peeling on my VR Little spoiler & Mitsubishi replaced with a new spoiler under Warranty ...Again very happy :D
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

anzac_77
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anzac_77 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:12 pm

I had my first warranty claim within a week of delivery of the car (brand spanking new SX). Took mum dad, sister and daugher for a drive to the Gold Coast, after a few stops and lunch when we went to get in the car my sister couldnt get the middle rear seatbelt to extend. turned out it had completely locked up. Guess i was fortunate as how often do you have passenger in mid-rear seat.

About 1 month after i got the car the fan stopped completely. there was no prob with the coolant, it was a fan reistor which had to be ordered from Japan and took 6 weeks, so during a VERY hot Feb/March i had to drive everywhere with all the windows down just to make it bearable.

Was quite pissed at having major faults within the first 1500km, but apart from some static on radio on Nova, no other issues since then.

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:00 am

Great idea for a thread, it will be particular interesting to hear about claims where modifications are involved, including where the claim has been knocked back. Keen to hear from anyone with a tune that has made a claim on the powertrain.

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:18 am

I had a new right hand CV boot installed under warranty due to it splitting. The dealer actually told me they were having trouble finding a boot and were considering fitting a whole new shaft, not sure if they did however but the boot at least is new.

at the time of the claim I had sports swaybars in, body bracing and headers with an axle back.

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:26 am

gear box replaced due to some error comming up
seat replaced due to foam breaking apart and metal comming and cutting thought the fabric - took em nearly a month to get the parts
chrome around the nose of the car came off due to flaking

i think it also depends on the dealership you visit, i go to city mitsubishi in south melbourne best place ever its far from me in dandenong but they take care of me every time. preston motors in dandenong i will try to avoid.
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Home Brand Alloy UICP
DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors
K&N Panel Filter Replacement
DBA Extreme Pads
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Tein S Tech Springs
Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:11 pm

SST transmission replaced @5000klm due to an oil leak.Waited 10 days for the new one to arrive then they had the car for only one day for the changout.No more problems since then.Except for grubby handmarks and spilling engine oil when it gets serviced
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

dapen0
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby dapen0 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:53 pm

just took mine in today and got the fuel/vapour/charcoal canister replaced under warranty. 30min job.

Was making this ticking sound at idle when its warm before. Now I can barely hear anything at the lights.

SammyH
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby SammyH » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:32 am

ABS Module Faulty- Fully Replaced with a complementary service :D

Turn the car on with handbrake engaged and in Park. Dash displayed car losing traction and kept switching between (ABS) and the traction screen. Without the car being in motion.

mwang1990
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby mwang1990 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:40 am

My aircon became faulty after 2 years of having the car. It was just blowing air and made a weezing noise. Took it to Mitsubishi and they said it was out of gas so they filled it up for free. It seemed to work for a week until it happened again. Took it back and they said the gas pressure was wrong so they fixed it. The follwing week... still the same. Went back again, they said they needed to replace some switch for the compressor. Again it seemed to work but guess what, till now its the same. Went to my mechanic and he recommended I see an auto electrician to find the fault and take it back to claim the warranty.

chris
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby chris » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:47 am

Sounds like you have a gas leak, they should have pumped some dye in and found the leak with a UV light

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:49 pm

New Transfer Case (installed yesterday) under warranty. Stock 2011 Ralliart with 22,000kms. Had reported vibrations through steering wheel when backing off in 6th and 5th, diff oil was changed (oil had deteriorated)only to re-occur 45km later. Mitsu Engineer was called in and ok'd new transfer case (oil had deteriorated again). I've only driven around 50kms since but seems fixed.
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

terrasprite
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby terrasprite » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi, I'm troubled by driver side window trim rubber that is rippled along where the window closes at the top. Has anyone else got this issue? I haven't compared my trim with cars at a dealer yet but will do so soon. My other windows have ill fitting rubber trim too but not as bad.

Latino_Ralliart
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Latino_Ralliart » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:41 pm

Replaced Faulty ECU, I only had the car for a month when while out driving one day the car just died and would not start.

Mitsubishi organised for the car to be towed to the service centre and had the car back in 4 days. Supposedly I am the only case of faulty ECU they have heard. They had some "rallirt expert" to tune my ECU so it worked well..... Should of asked him to tune in "properly" hehe.

Due to this I now have a fear of tuning the ECU.

Return to “Maintenance”