***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Successful Warranty Claims

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

jueylea
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby jueylea » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:26 pm

We often see a lot of bashing regarding Mitsubishi warranty but to be honest I have never had an issue and I think it good to have a thread like this. Anything that failed on my triton right up to 160,000 km was covered without question.
Relevant to this forum I have had a long time in progress repair to my Ralliart. An 09 at 50K a bearing in the transfer case failed. Transfer case was replaced but car returned with a slight whine which I was adamant with them was still the transfer case. Anyhow over the course of the last 5 months, 15000 km and countless visits to the dealer to diagnose then be diagnosed by state rep etc etc I have had rear diff changed, another rear diff, sst gearbox and finally another transfer case. My car is now as silent as new.
Sure it took a while, they have their systems and processes like any business but patience and understanding is a virtue. I have no reason to doubt Mitsubishi's backing of their product. This for them quite a hefty bill.

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:00 pm

Adrian when were you getting the whine? ie in a certain gear, when under load?

You almost had as much done to your RA as mine :shock:. Fingers crossed you have more dramas or I may loose my warrently queen status lol

FYI what happened to me awhile ago:
http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=11532 ... diff+whine

I've had no issues since :D
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Damir
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Damir » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:26 am

my rear window didnt go up properly
took it to mitsu and they just changed the engine or something
was quick and easy
window doesnt work like it should but doesnt bother me, i dont sit at the back ;)
My Build Thread : http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=14731
ROTM Winner OCTOBER 2015 (Nominated for favourite CJ)
-Australia's first airbagged CJ-

jueylea
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby jueylea » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:42 pm

turbogirl, haven't yet hada chance to read through your entire thread, but will.
Problem presented initially as a grinding whine getting higher pitched with road speed. This was clearly a bearing issue with the transfer case which resulted in the first replacement. Immediately (driving from the dealership) a slight whine was present, most pronounced under light load but at 55kph continuing to rise in pitch with road speed. At 105kph it became a resonant whine. Very hard to isolate in which direction it was coming and could see how it was confused with diff despite my belief it was definitely transfer case. Nothing on decal.
They even hooked up little electronic microphones throughout the drive train to try to isolate after they replaced tbe diff first time.
All credit to their persistence.

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Def different to mine. Mine started with a whine and also shudders through the steering wheel when backing off/under load in 5 and 6 gear around 100km hour. Progressively got worse, diff oils were worn and replaced only for symptoms to re-appear from memory only 40km later and then the saga continued....

From what I've heard both the RA and Evo go through transfer cases, I'm on my third and only just clicked over 45,000km

Out of curiosity do you drive in auto or manual mode?
turbogirl

Member's Liaison Officer

Executive Team

In debt and loving it

terrasprite
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby terrasprite » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi there, SUCCESS!
I placed a post about my window rubber seals rippling nearly a years ago. Particularly on the drivers side. I've sat on this issue for a while but decided to ask Mitsubishi about it when I noticed 2013 models didn't have the issue.
They are now replacing all window seals x 4.
Only trouble is they have to cut through my dynamat to get to the glass bolts.

Monty
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Monty » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:59 pm

From another thread:

fearfulmaster1 wrote:
Welcome. Can always try a fluid change first. Bad clutch usually shudder at hill start or normal take off if it is bad enough. No one really want a RA hatch. Mine left the factory in May 10 and I bought it as a demo in Nov 11 with only 200 odd kms on it. Only bought it because it is 3.5k cheaper than the MY11 sedan.

Thanks for the advice. There has been no shudder on hill start or take-off, in fact the box is very smooth and manual gear changes are excellent, EXCEPT, when she is still warming up and downshifting to an odd gear (usually 3rd) and the clutch sometimes "lets go" momentarily, no problem when the box is warm or on the even gears.

Last service I reported it to the dealer and they found no fault codes or any other problems with the box, but it continued to happen. By coincidence, I picked it up from a regular service this afternoon where I had reported the same problem, figuring that if it is documented every service and they find no problem, then at least if or when it blows up I will have a history with MMA for a warranty claim.

Lo and behold when I picked it up, their diagnostic fault tree indicated that it needs a clutch pack change and a new adaptor plate. So upshot is MMA will change the clutch pack and adaptor plate under warranty for me.

Win Win :o

So, there are lots of good and bad stories about warranty stuff out there and I would just like to report a good story where the above mentioned replacements were offered by MMA without any prompting or harassment on my part.

Not sure if I will offend the MODS here, but Northshore were the dealer involved.

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:15 am

I just had my clutches replaced under warranty. I was getting bad hill shudder at low speeds. Picked my car up on Wednesday after they had it for 7 working days. They didn't replace the filter under warranty though, so that I need to do ASAP.

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:57 pm

I had my clutches done at Knox Mitsubishi with no drama's at all. Tested, got approval, got me booked in and they were done. Was very happy for my first ever Warranty experience
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

mcpondy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby mcpondy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:36 pm

I've had one successful warranty claim and one that I think will be successful - with Toowong Mitsubishi.

They have been great so far. I bought my RA second hand, but it has had full service history with Toowong Mitsi. On the drive home from picking the car up (from sale) I received an AWC service required message. Turned out an AWC pump failed - 1st that they've heard of. Apparently $2.5k in parts alone - got approved and changed over within a few days.

I've also started getting hill shudder on take off. I had to take the foreman for a drive. Of course the car never did it when he drove - although at the end it got a slight shudder (VERY minor). He said thats good enough. They called me today and Head office have approved a clutch pack replacement. Its booked in for later this month.

I almost forgot I also had a the rear passenger seat belt fail - they also replaced that no issues.

Highly recommended - although will see how this turns out, I dont want to jinx it!

All of this is covered under warranty BTW.

I had another though - anyone think they will let me pay the parts and additional labor to do the filter while they are there?

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:39 pm

fearfulmaster1 wrote:Clutch replacement is such a big expense so if people have good experience, the dealer should be named so that others can go there for clutches and timing chains even if they are out of warranty.

Northshore Mitsubishi looked after me and my gearbox (clutch basket and flywheel hub assembly changed). My log book services were from other Mitsu dealers (Blacktown, Parramatta), SST fluid and filter change were done by myself, and I was forward with that info - no issues with warranty.

My dashcam recorded the entire time my car was in the workshop, they tried unplugging the power cable but it kept recording from internal battery. They didn't thrash it or try any funny shenanigans, so they come highly recommended from me, being totally respectful of my car.

Return to “Maintenance”