***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

15K/ 1 Year service need to replace Wiper blades?

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:22 pm

The Mazda mechanics didn't pick up the shudder in my old 121 at a service. I went to my tyre guy and he looked at it and I got new brake rotors on it. It was around 13 years old at the time. Then 10 months later I had to get the new ones machined. So they only find these things if you tell them.

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 pm

I recently had the CVT flushed and new fluid put in, how do I know they actually replaced the fluid?? I went to mitsubishi for peace of mind, I may have to re think this and find a local mechanic and try and still retain warranty.

feral
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby feral » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:26 am

There are dodgy people in every trade and mechanics all get tarred with the same brush because people get pissed because they bring in their car with no problem and spend money to keep the warranty when they would prefer to get something else with their hard earned cash and drive away with no noticeable difference and straight away think nothing was done cause all you can see is the lube sticker was changed and think the mechanic did nothing

feral
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby feral » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:29 am

Take your car else where for servicing if you like and when your warranty runs out that's it but when serviced at a dealer

feral
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby feral » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:33 am

They have goodwill which assists in the cost of repairs when warranty expires within reason if dealer serviced

dapen0
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby dapen0 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:38 pm

cj_sx_2011 wrote: so its not just the mitsubishi you went to mate.

Ricky, which dealership did you go to?

dapen0
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby dapen0 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:43 pm

ofey wrote:This has to stop. None of you went to Mitsubishi Australia. You went to a dealership. Theyre NOT Mitsubishi. Not even Mitsubishi Australia. And when youre the rep of some company and make very little profit off the car in a very competitive car market, service is the only way to make it up. Still there are some dicks in the dealership mechanic group.

Is there a genuine Mitsubishi service station/workshop? I'd take it there if i can, rather than going to the dealers..

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:10 pm

There isn't Tom.
We are indeed stuck with the Mitsubishi dealers. Though it's trial and error to get a good one and to play the system.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:32 pm

Gleno wrote:I recently had the CVT flushed and new fluid put in, how do I know they actually replaced the fluid?? I went to mitsubishi for peace of mind, I may have to re think this and find a local mechanic and try and still retain warranty.

Well at least it's on a recorded receipt.
Any failure of the CVT is protected to some extent.

feral wrote:There are dodgy people in every trade and mechanics all get tarred with the same brush because people get pissed because they bring in their car with no problem and spend money to keep the warranty when they would prefer to get something else with their hard earned cash and drive away with no noticeable difference and straight away think nothing was done cause all you can see is the lube sticker was changed and think the mechanic did nothing

I will say there is a firm way to at least see oil filter change.

If you have an OEM oil filter, the next time you go for service bring along a K&N one. You'll be able to see a change of oil filter.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

cj_sx_2011
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby cj_sx_2011 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:25 pm

i dont know where u live tom, but im in adelaide. so unless u live here then no point saying coz you wouldnt know lol

dapen0
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby dapen0 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:03 pm

cj_sx_2011 wrote:i dont know where u live tom, but im in adelaide. so unless u live here then no point saying coz you wouldnt know lol

lol sorry, just edited my profile. im in adelaide as well.

cj_sx_2011
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby cj_sx_2011 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:04 pm

oh ok lol. all isaw was australia

Return to “Maintenance”