***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Ralliart 45,000 Service SST Fluid Flush.

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Glenn
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Glenn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:40 pm

to fill and drain you dont have to remove the bumper, just the under tray and your intake/battery.

you might be able to get access to the filter and cooler from the passenger side wheel well if you pull the wheel well trim piece. It may be a tight squeeze for the cooler though.

Ya shame about no dipstick setup, just make sure you put back however much you took out.

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:27 pm

I have skimmed through this thread, a few Q,...

1st, Assuming NO track/race driving, just normal road use at what distance or time period does Mitsu say it SHOULD be changed??
45k, 60k or 90k???

2nd, given the steep prices many have said re the cost of the SST fluid and filters and changing them IF a manual version of the RA was aavailable how many of you would have bought a manual over the SST???

3rd, Compared to a normal auto trans in any modern family type car as opposed to a sports car lke the RA why are these SST fluids, filters etc so expensive???
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:49 am

1. The recommended change is 45,000 kms., but some are doing preventive measures against accelerated SST wear because there are lots of metal-to-metal rubbing the first few thousand kms. it's used. Basically the earlier fluid and filter change removes all that metal residue and keep it from scratching other parts of the gearbox.

2. I would only buy a manual version if it were 6-speed. Five gears these days have ratios that are either gappy or too close it will compromise performance and economy, respectively.

3. I guess it's because Mitsu can still price the fluids that high as there is still lack of commercial availability.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Return to “Maintenance”