***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Ralliart 45,000 Service SST Fluid Flush.

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Tweak
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Tweak » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:11 pm

All i see is talk.... about this "other" fluid. I know its real but has anyone actually bought the fluid?

LaNcE
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby LaNcE » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:44 am

i know for a fact that some use the willal racing fluid. not sure what the code / product name is exactly.

the question is who would have the balls to replace the fluid with a generic one irregardless if they use it in audi hell i dont even care if they use it on ferrari's. at the end of the day they will know what fluid you use, will you take a $15000++ risk if it fails? :)

LaNcE
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby LaNcE » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:21 pm

as what ive been explained with at TMR before was iregardless what it is, dealers will take the 1st way out. they will turn to your fluid as an excuse to get out of a probable $15-20k problem. and as a reply to your post I have no clue if they get the same 10 yr warranty on the powertrain. thats something to think about too in the long run.

just imagine this. your are a warranty guy from a mitsu dealership. someone DIY their oil change and in the process they put in diesel oil and over fill it. something goes wrong and they take it to you for warranty what are you going to say?

I had the MR for its 45k service, it wasnt much i still had change from $1000. its not something that happens every month!

I recently bought my parents a mitsu challenger. heck the services are 15000ks in interval BUT its capped at $5++ !! imagine that if it wasnt capped priced! im just saying costs comes with the car you choose. why skimp out on the maintenance? it just says you cant afford the car.

hopefully I didnt offend anyone on my post. If I did please take it to pm's we dont want to spoil the thread dont we? :)

Glenn
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Glenn » Wed May 16, 2012 2:15 pm

I'll be doing a DIY sst fluid swap in a few weeks

So ~410$ for OEM DIAQUEEN Fluid 8lts
or 350$ delivered for Pentosin FFL-2 which is being run in some of the more "tuned" RA's in the states. Buying it stateside would be around 160$ so that would maybe sway the decision but for 60$ savings after shipping, I decided to keep it OEM.

I'll take my time and get pics for a How To since I'll also be putting in an inline SSP filter to get some more life out of the OEM filter.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Wed May 16, 2012 4:45 pm

I am looking to do a flush when the car gets to 20,000 or so. Basically, that's to eliminate excess debris caused by grinding when the gearbox was new. I also plan to fit an SST cooler as the car will see more drags and track days in the future. As I've read around here, dealers are reluctant to do the flush until the 45K service. Does Creat'd do the flush? And does the cooler fitment void the powertrain warranty? Forgive the seemingly innocent questions. I tried searching around, but can't seem to come across the answers I need.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Glenn
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Glenn » Wed May 16, 2012 5:32 pm

I can't say 100% but i don't see why creat'd couldn't flush it out. Essentially you drain the old fluid, refill with mineral oil, idle the engine for a bit, drain the mineral oil then fill up with the good stuff.

I've heard some people say its a waste of time flushing with the mineral oil since all the little bits should either be in the filter or come out when you first drain it and short of opening up the box and scrubbing out the old oil, you're not really cleaning it by flushing.
I figure it can't hurt. You could even flush it with your old fluid (once you've filtered out any debris of course)

As for the cooler, I think it would affect the warranty since your changing how the system works (even though its for the better) Some people have just attached a 12v fan to the back of the stock cooler and had good success at keeping temps down.

I think either way, if your tracking the car and something happens to the trans, Mitsubishi are gonna chalk it up to tracking the car regardless if its dead stock or modified. So you might as well mod it to help prevent such occurrence.

chris
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby chris » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:59 pm

How much for 4L

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Glenn, have you done the fluid change yet? It would be nice to get some feedback so I can do it by 20,000 kms as a preventive maintenance.
Last edited by squala on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride

Glenn
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Glenn » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:50 am

Yup did it a few weekends ago. Check out my Build thread for some pics. If you can change the oil yourself this will be just as easy.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Glenn, did you have to remove the front bumper to access the SST assembly? It sucks that there's no dipstick to indicate the correct amount of fluid.
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride

Return to “Maintenance”