***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

how do i get rid of Spiders in my car?!

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:58 pm

OK Neraj.

Lets put things into the proper "Perspective" and assess the situation with "Common Sense & Logic"

* You can "BOMB" your car, which will probably work .... never mind the Battery Disconnect .... *loco*
* You can also "BOMB" the underside of the car in-case the 8-leged *spider* is hiding under a guard or inside an inner-guard.

* You can also arm yourself with a High Powered LED Torch and a 4lb Hammer.
Sit Very Still, Quietly & Patiently in your car all night waiting for it to appear, and when it shows, "Kapow" ..... *smash*
This method will definitely work, however, you will only get one strike to kill it.
Remember to aim precisely and don't miss, or you will end-up damaging the interior.
Come to think of it .... you'll probably damage something anyway .... *doh*

* Not so sure the Peppermint Air Freshener or Mothballs is going to work, sure they repels & possibly kills Ants.
But it wont bother a Big Hairy *spider* from coming out to feast on a meal of Dead Juicy Ants ... *nono*

* Spraying every Nook & Cranny with an Extension Tube attached to a can of Pesticide ..... :roll:
Comon .... have you really got the time to be pissing around doing that .... beside: what will the neighbors think your upto.

* A small Thermo Nuclear Weapon is out of the question ... *boom*
The only Black Markets where you could purchase such weapons have been eliminated: Sadam Hussein, Gaddafi, Bin Laden.

* Two Bricks ... *brick*
Well .... what else would expect from a Queenslander .... *frusty* ..... with sore Thumbs ... *thumb*

As I said in the Beginning ...... "Common Sense & Logic"
Your dealing with and Creature that eats other Creatures for Survival ..... :shock:

You need to Introduce a Natural Enemy ... :lol:
"UNQUESTIONABLE SOLUTION"

1 - Take a Breeding pair of Native Lizards and let them loose inside your car.
Once they begin to breed they will decimate the entire spider population.
2 - Find a Snake species that eats the Lizards.
They should not take longer than (3) days to eat the Lizards, since they don't eat often.
3 - Weasels eat Snakes. Any old Weasel should do, but a Mongoose would be much better.
4 - Coyotes or large Cats eg:Panthers / Cougars love to hunt and kill Weasels / Mongooses.
CAUTION: Do not introduce Large Cats in the presence of Young Children, tell the neighbors to lock-up the kids inside first.
Finally: A Brown Bear.
Bears really have no natural enemies so you will either have to contract the local Police with a shotgun or let the thing starve to death.
Appropriately, you should exercise Safety and allow the Bear to Hibernate before calling the Police with a Shotgun.

Good luck with you Spiders .... *spider*
And remember to post-up when your done ....

Sam ...... :wink:

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:23 pm

theres always the crusher
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:28 pm

HaHa Steve .... Hows your "Thumbs" ..... :P

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:41 pm

or the LEAD method, that never fails
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1

http://goo.gl/GrUosm

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Lol Sam @ Your" Common Sense & Logic " :lol: Ummm I Thought there for a moment That You had the perfect solution in getting rid of Freddy the spider *biggrin1* .... It went from Bad to worse :P With Lizards ..Snakes..Weasel's..Mongooses ..Oh Then the big grizzly Bear *faint2* Nice Try Though ...you gave me a laugh *high5*
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Nick07 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:52 pm

Sam will you be held responsible for any damage caused / suffered during this method you have provided?

Millerz
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Millerz » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:54 am

lol!!

Like the "small" thermonuclear idea, will probably kill all spiders in a few mile radius. Not so good for the roaches though.

I find it that thongs do a good job too (splat!!). If you shake the sand and soil of the bottom before striking, it'll probably leave less damage on the interior. Softer rubber. But you'll need to act quick. If they disappear and if your freaked out by the little bastards like I'm, will take guts to get in the car again.

I once got a roach in mid-air with a thong. :twisted:
Millerz
Lancer CJ SX + leather + reverse sensors + DIY sunglass holder.
<sub>"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees" </sub>

chris
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby chris » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:09 am

You could tip a few cans of petrol inside and light it a bit drastic but would get rid of the buggers *smokin*

cody_au
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby cody_au » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:43 pm

You could just leave your car closed up and wait for a hot day. Spiders don't appear to like heat and would find a way out (logic used: huntsman spiders appear to most often try to enter houses on hot days).

Tim-Tech
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Tim-Tech » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Image just a spider nest casually in my drivers side mirror.
(cj-grey) Awesomeness Augmented

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Always spiders in your side mirrors. They haven't found mine yet though surprisingly. A lot of ants decided they liked my car when I had to park under a tree when I was in Qld a couple of weeks ago.

A small thermo nuclear device might be a great idea for ants and spiders. Won't work on roaches though :)

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:22 pm

maybe because your car is just too quick, they might hide in something slower like SS Commodore wagons

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:48 pm

It wasn't a wagon Ben :P It was a hotted up, complete with bogans sedan.

I really don't know why you don't believe me. I really did do it. And then got into trouble from my daughter who was sitting beside me because she's worried I'll get done for racing at the lights. I got to 60 as fast as I could and then they sped past me when I didn't go over the speed limit. Just because you lot can't do it doesn't mean that I can't even in my prettied up pov pack.

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:50 am

you guys are a bunch of clowns LOL....Moth balls, wd40, spider bombs

I had a redback lay its eggs in my car.I was driving 1 day and a redback comes out my vent as I was driving,i smashed the vent (broke it) but still killed the bastard. Then about 12days later about 40 where roming in my car just chilling out making webs. I freaked out. Then my mate told me get a bottle of gas that you use for the bbq and set it off in the car with the windows closed for about 2-3days, I did that and it worked. It actully worked very well. They all died i ended up vacuming them when they had died. Then it took about 4-5hours for the gas smell to go away. Best method

narji
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby narji » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:54 am

i asked the same question a while back...
im not sure if your referring to the spiders nest in the mirror cavity or if they are inside.. but the method i used.. was i had a spider killer which is mixed with water (buy it from buntings.. spider killer concentrate) and that is by far the most effective way I've seen.. it has NO smell.. and so i soaked the car with the spray. and left it in the sun for a few hours.. the next day i found the spider dead in the door trim..
This spider concentrate is WAAAAY! more effective than mortein.. its a instant kill...

Return to “Maintenance”