***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Successful Warranty Claims

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

denzza
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby denzza » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:24 pm

Had my first warranty claim today :)

My gear selector snapped :/ and was poping out of 1st and 2nd gear.

They looked at it, reco'ed the whole gear box :D

BUT!!! they know ive been racing it which caused this problem... They have drive logs of how you drive your car and tells them the RPMS you go at and how long you hold it at. He said your lucky im accepting this.. so im happy :D
AUSTRALIA'S FIRST 4B11T ENGINE SWAP ON E85
FULL EVO X TURBO SETUP
APEXI ARC DESIGN INTAKE | RA BRAKE SETUP | APEXI N1 EVO -R 3" CAT BACK | UR CAT |
TUNED BY BEEBLE | EXEDY H/D CLUTCH
BC RACING BR COILOVERS

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:15 pm

I had one of my Smart Keys replaced a while back as it wouldn't allow me to start the car at all, however the key would still unlock the car!

Think it was mobile phone which may of caused this problem as I always had my car keys and phone in the same pocket, just glad they fixed it under warranty a new one was at least $400 by the time they got a new smart key fob and re-programmed it!

Fizzlefuzzle
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Fizzlefuzzle » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:14 pm

My first warranty claim was 2
Months ago had to get my ignition switch completely changed as it kept locking up and wouldn't let me start the car, this was really bad in 40 degree heat when I tried countless times to turn on the car and it wouldn't work. Tried everything jiggling the steering wheel, using the emergency key etc but nothing worked. All fixes now though!
<b> Proud owner of Australia's and club cj's first glitter pink 2011 CJ Mitsubishi Ralliart Lancer :) </b>

<i> Life is short, so are my dogs! (corgi life) (basset life) </i>

Mod thread ; http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=297953 (cj-black)

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:55 am

They have drive logs of how you drive your car and tells them the RPMS you go at and how long you hold it at

really? u sure he wasnt having a lend?
i`ve never heard of that before.

if beeble tuned your car i would assume that it now limits the revs above its original parameters so immediatly they could tell if your ecu has been altered for example.

they cant void warranty for "racing" the engine, but they can and will void it for an ecu tune.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:50 am

this is true steve the guy at yamanto told me the same thing that they can look at your revs.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:30 am

ouch!

if thats true, theres no point in flashing the stock rom back for a visit to mitsu.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1

http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:10 am

Interesting, I wasn't aware of a 'black box' in the car.

I know a few cars that will register top speed and max revs, but not for how long, how many times etc..

I've had my vents changes and a rear diff seal.
No issues at all even with my exhaust and tune in place.

poe_sniper
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby poe_sniper » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:38 am

I've had the inner part of my flywheel changed on my Ralliart. This was due to the clattering noise heard on most Ralliarts. The inner teeth get destroyed over time and thus allows movement as it is loose. You will hear the clattering under small load and when at idle.
I had an Evo X turbo, Evo X intercooler, upper and lower intercooler pipes, AEM enclosed pod, a tune. They never once said anything about it.

denzza
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby denzza » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Yeah, apparently they cant see our Beeble tune because they dont have that equipment LOL

But yeah it only starts logging your revs or something, if its been activated.. Which you have to push it above 8000rms.. But i told him that virtually impossible since its limited to 7k :/ noobs
AUSTRALIA'S FIRST 4B11T ENGINE SWAP ON E85

FULL EVO X TURBO SETUP

APEXI ARC DESIGN INTAKE | RA BRAKE SETUP | APEXI N1 EVO -R 3" CAT BACK | UR CAT |

TUNED BY BEEBLE | EXEDY H/D CLUTCH

BC RACING BR COILOVERS

Andrew232
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Andrew232 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:14 pm

Well It still does the same factor now so it is obviously a mistake with the tuning/performance high company's speech identification in that aspect variety sequence. All minimal kind of factors, just frustrating and expensive soon enough going to store over and over to get factors examined and set.. . . .

Here is a selection of Surfers Rent A Car's
Last edited by Andrew232 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteRA
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby WhiteRA » Wed May 29, 2013 9:51 pm

Timing chain stretched at 30k - sorted under warranty.
At first just the check engine light came on. had it checked out at the dealer and they told me i should be fine to drive it until the part came in. a week later i had to pull over and get towed because suddenly lots of warning lights came on, strange noises were coming from the engine bay and i only had 30% of the power i would normally have. Luckily no internal damage was done.

Mits
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Mits » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:15 pm

3 weeks after purchasing my SX lancer with only 17k on the clock and had previously been owned by a old couple had to have a piece of the exhaust pipe replaced due to it was deformed? Took it straight back to Mits and they replaced it under warranty with no questions asked? Not complaining at all with such great service.

Return to “Maintenance”