***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Dealership experiences for scheduled service in Vic

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Millerz
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Dealership experiences for scheduled service in Vic

Postby Millerz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:55 pm

I've searched for a couple of hours for a thread that has information about scheduled service experience members had with Mitsubishi dealerships, but failed to find on. So starting a new one.

- Which dealership do you guys/girls get your CJ serviced at?
- Have you experienced great customer service and where?
- Any horror stories to share so everyone knows what to expect?
- Have they tried to rip you off/claim to perform service items that were not performed at all?
- Any recommendations on particular dealerships?

Its best you base the information on your experience alone, not on what he said/she said, allows the thread to be useful for others.
Millerz
Lancer CJ SX + leather + reverse sensors + DIY sunglass holder.
<sub>"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees" </sub>

Toybox
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Toybox » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:47 pm

TBH i wouldnt go to any dealership at all but that just my opinion.
I just find a reliable independent workshop that knows your car inside out and ask them to use genuine fuilds/parts for warranty purposes.
You save money and know the work actually got done also not touched by 17-18yo apprentices who might take you car for a spin while test driving it.
The only reason i would go to the dealership is for a warranty claim.
Probably not the answer your after but i thought i let you know there other alternative then going to dealership :)

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:20 pm

i always use a dealership here in SA , we have a couple of really good dealerships for service here
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:59 pm

Hi Amila,

I think Chadstone Mitsubishi has a good rep for consistent quality servicing, as I had recommendations from another mitsi forum members that Chaddy offers better service on Ralliarts so I tried them. I have found that the Service Department at Chadstone listened and followed my requests and provided courteous reminders and recommendations (whereas the dealership I bought from expected I pay the price they asked for 'preventative' services that I wished not to be done on MY car)

It is a really subjective question, as not every owner pays careful attention to the service book and what is included in the service, some owners are just commuters with money and just pay the bill without a thought - as long as it's within a specific price they're none the wiser, which is OK.

Simple things you can do to test your service centre:

1. Top up your washer fluid to MAX before bringing in to service - then check to see if they charge for 'washer solution additive' couple of bucks there - to be fair you can tell them you've added your own so don't add any more (Honda dealership *GWS cough cough* did this to my honda before, and to be honest they probably used tap water as there was no cleaning effect at all). Looking back on my invoices from them, these little things add up.
2. Change your air filter to a lifetime one like K&N or Bitz and see if they charge for replacement "OEM Air Filter"
3. Mark your oil filter with identifying scratches
4. Pump your tyres up to recommended pressures before service
5. In car camera recording, watch what the mechanic does! Too bad the bonnet will be raised to cover their actions... unless.. Hidden camera in engine bay! There's a video of a mechanics reaction to Kimmy's engine cover on the forums here that captures the candid moment! Funny as :D
6. Find out what the current rate for 'Environmental Disposal of Oil' costs? It fluctuates a bit on my invoices - is it per mL or is it tied in with Greenpeace karma stamps who knows?

Worst horror story I have is having to bring my car back to a dealer after they misplaced my locknut key. Sure it was free, but2hrs wasted waiting for them to crack open 4 nuts and replace with new set. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR KEY IS RETURNED.

Anyway, hope that was of help.
Signature For Lease - Apply Within

Return to “Maintenance”