***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

2017 lancer performance.

All Previous Lancer Generations/Models History, Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Av119
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

2017 lancer performance.

Postby Av119 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:24 am

I recently bought the 2017 black edition lancer. Love the car and looks great but lacks power it only puts out 110kw. Does anyone have any suggestion to get a little more (KW or Torque) out of the 2.0L naturally aspirated engine. Not looking for crazy gains even a slight increase would be nice I just want the car to be able to pick up speed quickly from a stand still. I’ve looked at the basic like a k&n air intake and and exhaust system but is there anything else like tuning or something. I’m from Melbourne so if anyone knows a place that can help with this in Melbourne it would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: 2017 lancer performance.

Postby bumblebee » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:44 am

G'day
First off the 2017 ECU has been locked down pretty heavily by Mitsubishi.
Since they released the 4b11 in round 2007 till it's final day they updated the ECU around every 6 months or so
From memory 2016 onwards is painful to reprogram the ECU.
In theory in the 2017 you can swap the ECU with an earlier model and it should work , so long as you reprogram the ECU with the vin of the car.
I have tried this as proof of concept on my 2012 and it works. This would allow your tuner to tune the ECU way easier then the 2017 model.
As for the NA Mitsubishi have deliberately detuned them and there is a number of things they have done to the 4b11 to reduce power and increase longevity.
This includes a ECU tune from the factory that is so poor it makes you wonder if they ever drove it before they released it, cams that are just as bad as the ECU , ports in the same boat , valve sizes that need some loving , the exhaust header that was designed using play dough, and the list goes on.
K&N air cleaner is not as wonderful as everyone has been brainwashed in to thinking.
So some data logging and you will see this plain as the nose on your face.
Higher take off speed can be achieved with full release of the handbrake and an ECU tune as a minimum.
However
The 2017 is painful to hack as it needs an extra dongle by the tuner to do so.
All the extractor and aftermarket high flow cat and 2.25" exhaust won't do you any good without the ECU tune to get it working together.
Start by reading the na performance section in the forum
There was beebletoon in Melbourne who did na stuff , however from what I understand, they no longer do it, however feel free to chase them up and see how you go

CJVR08
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby CJVR08 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:10 pm

How much is a tune for 4b11 these days

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:43 pm

Have a chat to merlin.tuning@gmail.com

However
To make your life easier have a read thru the performance na section and read the info about tactrix open port and grab one of those , they will absolutely become your best tool in your kit

Return to “1973 to Present - Lancer History & Performance”