***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

what do u guys think of saints row 1 and 2 ?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

777_AJB
INACTIVE Member Account

what do u guys think of saints row 1 and 2 ?

Postby 777_AJB » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:14 pm

what do u guys think of saints row 1 and 2 and 3 is being made

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:15 pm

I like the Saints Row series as much as the GTA series. It is a good alternative to the usually serious GTA games. They make the storyline simpler and less involved and thats what I liked bout SR 2. I'm not a big fan about getting your cred up before you can start missions though. The pointless mini activities aren't that hard to acomplish, but it takes away from the main storyline. I do like the fightclub and the rampage to clock up mega bucks worth of damage. When SR 1 came out, they added things to their game engine that GTA San Andreas couldn't. But the late release of the second game (a long time after GTA4) really cost the company money. (not mine - was buying it anyway) They didn't really change the game engine from 1 to 2 so I was shocked to see how much time it took to release. They need to add updates (The way GTA4 now has "The lost and the damned" for the 360. Or just keep the SR2 game engine and change the storyline. Shouldn't take more than a year and a half....... Thats my opinion anyway!!!!

bigdave_1988
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby bigdave_1988 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:32 pm

the latest GTA with that russian fella is so fcukin boring..... i liked the SR's but i think all time fav would have to go to san andreas it had everything that makes a game great.... samuel jackson for example lol

777_AJB
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby 777_AJB » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:47 pm

saints row 3 shoudl be good when it finaly comes out anyway one no the date of that
Last edited by 777_AJB on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigdave_1988
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby bigdave_1988 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:03 pm

u said in ur first post cheese..... stop trying to get to 300

777_AJB
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby 777_AJB » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:07 pm

did i i dont no if i did or not anyway i couldn't care less about 300 posts says the person double posting in his post about his car

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:16 pm

Yeah, turns out many people didn't care much for old style russian espionage in the game. They prefer the san andreas black ghetto street thing. They better get it right next time. A great game engine, graphics and gameplay with a crappy storyline. I Like the fact the expansion to GTA4 changes parts of the story. If Microsoft didn't pay 30 mil to Rockstar to get exclusive rights, then we would all be enjoying it on the PS3. Saints Row 3 has been booked for some time in 2011. Seems like they're going with the complete game upgrade again, and not just keeping it and changing storyline. Oh well.

777_AJB
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby 777_AJB » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:19 pm

i liek liberty city stories awawell as san adreas what ant on the ps3 what did microsoft pay to have on xbox

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:23 pm

Microsoft payed to keep the upgrade for GTA4 exclusive to the 360. Its called "The lost and the damned" It adds a bikie gang. I think you can play as the leader of the gang. New weapons, new gangs, new missions and you can interact and do missions with Niko Bellic. (I think thats it) You can download it off the 360 website for about 30 bucks, but I saw at JB Hifi you can get the upgrade on a disc when you buy GTA4.

777_AJB
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby 777_AJB » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:26 pm

ok cool

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:28 pm

HERE WE GO!

Johnny is a veteran member of The Lost, a notorious biker gang. Johnny has been creating business opportunities for The Lost in Liberty City, but his first loyalty must be to the patch he wears on his back and to Billy Grey, the club's President. However, when Billy returns from rehab hell-bent on bloodshed and debauchery, Johnny finds himself in the middle of a vicious turf war with rival gangs for control of a city torn apart by violence and corruption. Can the brotherhood survive?

Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned features a new main character, Johnny Klebitz, and plot that intersects with the storyline of Grand Theft Auto IV; new missions that offer an entirely fresh way to explore Liberty City with new multiplayer modes, weapons and vehicles; and a diverse soundtrack with additional music—all with the incredible production values that are the trademarks of Grand Theft Auto.

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned is the highly-anticipated first episode of Grand Theft Auto IV downloadable content for Xbox 360® and will be available exclusively on Xbox LIVE® on February 17th, 2009 worldwide.

All-new missions and a new storyline that interweaves with the original story arc of Grand Theft Auto IV.

Play as Johnny, a member of The Lost Motorcycle Club. Experience Liberty City now with the perspective and lifestyle of a member of a biker gang.

Added range of weapons - including the all-new grenade launcher and sawed-off shotgun. New weapons will be available for use in single-player and in all new multiplayer modes.

New vehicles - featuring a collection of bikes that include Johnny's own customized heavy-duty chopper.

New and improved bike handling and physics.

Set of new action-packed multiplayer modes - details coming soon.

All-new in-game TV, internet and radio content featuring new radio shows and original music.

Plus new side-missions and Xbox 360 Achievements.

APARENTLY THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING TO WHAT ROCKSTAR WANTS TO DO WITH THE GTA SERIES. CREATE UPDATES TO INTERWEAVE WITH THE ORIGINAL STORYLINE. MIGHT SPICE IT UP!!!!

777_AJB
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby 777_AJB » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:31 pm

ok cool so are they going to bring out a new gta

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:36 pm

Rockstar had trade marked the names GTA5 and GTA6. So they will probably do the same thing as Liberty city stories, vice city stories. Do an upgrade to GTA4 to tell a different story with new people. Its going to be the beginning of a new way for software companies to get easy money keeping the same game engine. Works for me!! Then after doing all they can, they'll bring out an entirely new game - probably 2011 or 2012. Just gotta hope microsoft don't bogart all the updates!!!! Just another reason to hate Bill Gates!!!

777_AJB
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby 777_AJB » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:53 pm

lol his riches man in the world i supose he does what he wants lol

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:57 pm

Guess so, but the point is from now on the expansion will come on a disc, you load it onto the PS3/360 harddrive and then use the original disc to play the game!! Saves money having to buy a whole new game! More games will start to have this (if they haven't already)

Return to “General Talk”