***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Marco Simoncelli Dies in Malaysian Moto GP 2011

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Marco Simoncelli Dies in Malaysian Moto GP 2011

Postby SAM-24A » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:30 pm

RIP -- Marco Simoncelli ... 24yro ... 1987 - 2011

Well Known & Loved, Successful & Admired Close friend to Valentino Rossi died today in a Horribly Accident in the Malaysian Moto GP 2011 at the Sepang Circuit.
He suffered Fatal Head Injuries .... you can see his Helmet being torn from his head during the accident.

YouTube Vids -- Simoncelli Crash - Sepang

YouTube Video of Fatal Accident -- Slow Motion ... (time:1:35)
YouTube Video of Fatal Accident -- Actual Speed / with Speech ... (time: 26secs)
On the Starting Grid -- Lap 1, leading upto & including Crash @ lap 1.5 ... (time: 2:23) :cry:
Simoncelli Loses It -- Live Footage of Simoncelli going down before Running into Edwards & Rossi ... (time: 42secs)

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli - Ciao "Super Sic" -- Career Pics & Tribute Song ... (time: 3:50) ... Best
Tribute - CIO CAMPIONE -- Italian Speech after arrival in Malaysian Hotel ... (time: 2:30)
Marco Simoncelli RIP -- Song (The Good Die Young) + Pics ... (time: 4:06)
Tribute RIP -- Song (Goodbye) + Pics ... (time: 1:54)

A close look at the video reveals that Colin Edwards front wheel hits Marco in the Back & Neck first, followed by Rossi's front wheel which made contact with Marco's Head and ripped the Helmet off.
If you look closely, you will see Rossi (at the very last split second) look Left & Down at both Edwards and Marco before he makes unavoidable contact.

Rossi will be Absolutely Shattered & Devastated by the Loss of his Close Racing Friend & Country-Man.

Racing Career Biography:
Marco Simoncelli (born 20 January 1987 in Cattolica - Italy) is an Italian Grand Prix motorcycle road racer. A top rider of the Italian Minimoto Championship from 1996 to 2000.
Marco Simoncell moved to 125cc bikes after taking two consecutive titles in the aforementioned discipline.
After a promising first season in the 125 Honda Trophy, Simoncelli took the European 125cc title in 2002 and had a first taste of Grand Prix racing the same year.

In 2003 he undertook his first full season in the World Championship with the Matteoni Racing team.
A consistent point-scorer in his rookie season, he moved to the Rauch Bravo team in 2004 and scored his first Grand Prix win at a rain-soaked Jerez, but could only manage an 11th placed finish overall.

Another 125cc campaign in 2005, with the Nocable.it Race team, was completed with an improvement in the final standings in 5th place, giving Simoncelli the opportunity to leap into the quarter-litre category.
A steady season saw the Italian achieve 10th position in the championship representing Metis Gilera, with whom he continued in 2007 and now 2008.

In 2008 Simoncelli achieved his first race victories in the 250cc class, his maiden triumph coming at his home race in Mugello, and was involved in some breathtaking battles with his rivals over the course of the year.
Emerging as the standout rider in the class, Gilera provided their newest star with a top-of-the-range RSA machine for the final races of the season.

The Italian secured his fifth win of the year at Phillip Island early in October and clinched the title with third place at Malaysia at the penultimate round of the year.
He previously rode a Gilera in the 250cc World Championship, and has previously in the 125cc class.
He has five race wins in the 250cc class, and two in the 125cc class.

He made a one-off appearance for Aprilia in the World Superbike round at Imola.
He qualified on the second row and was one of three riders to crash out of race one at Tosa while running 5th, before fighting through to 3rd in race two, making a forceful move to overtake team-mate Max Biaggi to get onto the podium.

On 25 June 2009 it was confirmed that Simoncelli would move up to premier class racing for 2010 MotoGP championship after agreeing to ride with the San Carlo Gresini Honda team.

Sam ... :cry:
Last edited by SAM-24A on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 11 times in total.

lena91
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lena91 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:33 pm

RIP Marco, I feel sorry for his family and the riders out there, knowing that they would have seen what happend.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Very sad.

RIP

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Just saw the footage myself, RIP buddy..
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Nick07 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Very sad accident indeed. I don't follow the sport, but it is sad to see anyone pass away before their time is due. Rest In Piece.

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Like Someone said on You Tube ..... Ride With The Angels Marco *pray2*
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:06 pm

This is the most horrific incident I've seen happen live, RIP Marco and I hope Valentino you can get through this and continue riding
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Speechless
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR
Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE
2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:01 pm

Rest In Peace :(
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Leez
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Leez » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:24 pm

Holy crap he died?!? I was watching it on TV and it looked horrible but didn't expect him to die because modern safety gear is so good... Wow... R.I.P.

lena91
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lena91 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:26 pm

Aaron, if you look at where the bikes hit him after his helmet came off it makes sense. Quite frankly (and Im not saying this to be nasty,) after an accident like that he's better off passing away, because the injuries would have been extensive and there would be little quality of life.

Leez
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Leez » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:32 pm

Yeah... It still shocked me though. The reaction of the crowd was disgusting when it was announced the race was cancelled.

lena91
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lena91 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:34 pm

I didn't see the race. Only the accident, what was their reaction?

MattyvR
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby MattyvR » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:25 pm

They threw bottles all over the track and yelled etc. Disgusts me that they can be so disrespectful to Marco, and every other rider in those pits at the time.
After watching it live on TV, makes me not want to get on the bike :(
Will definitely be taking the car tomorrow.
RIP Marco, you were a great talent who had a massive future ahead of you.

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:34 pm

RIP. It's always sad to hear about accidents like this. Atleast he died doing what he loved doing, condolences to friends & family
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Return to “General Talk”