***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Ordering PS3 games from overseas.

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Ordering PS3 games from overseas.

Postby Nick07 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi guys,

I am going to be picking up a PS3 in a couple of weeks time and have been looking at games from ebay as well as buying from overseas. Now I have been doing a bit of research and it appears that I can play any games that are PAL as they seem to be region free. The only restriction that I can see is that if I need the DLC I will be in trouble, can anyone clarify a bit more on this?

My main concern is that I will still be able to play it online and be able to download patches. The game I am currently looking at is Red Dead Redemption, I can pick it up for $25 brand new from the UK and it's $40+ from retailers in Australia.

http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-games/red ... n-game-ps3

Also has anyone bought from that site? Apparently it's a sister site to a UK company, so the games are shipped from the UK, i'm not fussed about the 1-2 weeks delivery time as I haven't got a PS3 yet :P

Nick

EDIT:

Hey guys just saw this:

http://www.gamesradar.com/red-dead-rede ... ctober-11/

So if I purchase this from the UK, what difficulties will I face in getting the extra downloadable items?

Nick

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:41 pm

Yes no region restrictions for the games. The few times I bought online it was with Playasia and no issues whatsoever.

Regarding downloads.. I have to accounts on my PS, one for here and another for a US one so I can download the contents of the US Playstation Store.. All you need is an address.

And for example I download game on the USE Store I can still access it from my Australian PSN ID anyway cause they share the same unit.. and vise versa.

But If I was to buy a content or a game I wait for them to release it on our store (which they do eventually and sometimes at the same time) cause I didn't set up a credit card with the US account. But atleast I can download from there store.

Hope that helps.. oh, and Red Dead is worth the price and the time you will spend on it btw.

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Nick07 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:45 pm

Well I might wait for the game of the year edition comes out half way through this month, surely big W will have it cheap enough.

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:48 pm

For me as long as I don't have to use my credit card I download using my US account not just freebies but DLCs (like for example customes for Street Fighter, new tracks for GT5 when they released free ones etc etc...)

so that should be ok...

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Nick07 wrote:Hi guys, I am going to be picking up a PS3 in a couple of weeks time and have been looking at games from ebay as well as buying from overseas. Now I have been doing a bit of research and it appears that I can play any games that are PAL as they seem to be region free. The only restriction that I can see is that if I need the DLC I will be in trouble, can anyone clarify a bit more on this? My main concern is that I will still be able to play it online and be able to download patches. The game I am currently looking at is Red Dead Redemption, I can pick it up for $25 brand new from the UK and its $40+ from retailers in Australia. http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-games/red ... n-game-ps3 Also has anyone bought from that site? Apparently its a sister site to a UK company, so the games are shipped from the UK, im not fussed about the 1-2 weeks delivery time as I havent got a PS3 yet :P Nick EDIT: Hey guys just saw this: http://www.gamesradar.com/red-dead-rede ... ctober-11/ So if I purchase this from the UK, what difficulties will I face in getting the extra downloadable items? Nick

PS3 games are region free so you can buy them from any country in the world. I have bought a copy of NBA 2K11 (which i believe is an American copy of the game) on PS3 through Ebay and haven't had any issues with playing online or using it on a Australia PSN account.

However I have imported games for the Xbox 360 also and have downloaded add ons for these games. One example is GTA IV which is a UK copy that has not been edited to get into Australia. I downloaded "The Lost and Damned" add on through the Australian Marketplace and had no issues whatsoever.

Also I know quite a few people who have used Oz Gameshop and they have had no issues. The only draw back of importing games from such online retailers is have to wait several weeks to get them as they post them from the UK which takes a while sometimes.

PS. I would wait to get the game of the year edition of Red Dead Redemption as it will save you quite a bit of cash (which I had to buy via DLC on Xbox 360, 3 packs at 800 points each).

jerryme
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jerryme » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:31 pm

+1 for ozgameshop. Very reliable. Postage might take a while but if you are patient, its worth it.

ninjured
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ninjured » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Yeah I've bought from Ozgameshop a few times delivery is about 2 weeks but quite a good saving

Millerz
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Millerz » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:43 pm

afaik the only supposed issue for importing games is the content rating. for example MK9 didnt get the aus rating and thus is prohibited to be imported. But even that shouldnt be an issue as one of my mates got it down.
i might be wrong and it could just be prohibited to be sold here. but i've seen them on gumtree fetching upwards of 200!!
Millerz
Lancer CJ SX + leather + reverse sensors + DIY sunglass holder.
<sub>"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees" </sub>

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Nick07 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Anyone recommend any good games: I have bought fifa 11 off ebay.

Ones I'm looking at:

Red Dead Redemption GOTY
Infamous 1
Unchartered 1
Fifa Street 3

Any other good games that I will get good game play time out of?

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:46 pm

Nick07 wrote:Anyone recommend any good games: I have bought fifa 11 off ebay. Ones Im looking at: Red Dead Redemption GOTY Infamous 1 Unchartered 1 Fifa Street 3 Any other good games that I will get good game play time out of?

GTA IV including the DLC, found FIFA Street 3 (on Xbox 360) boring compared to number 1 and 2 on the PS2, but only paid $4 for it brand new though!

Straight4
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Straight4 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:01 pm

Nick07 wrote:Anyone recommend any good games: I have bought fifa 11 off ebay. Ones Im looking at: Red Dead Redemption GOTY Infamous 1 Unchartered 1 Fifa Street 3 Any other good games that I will get good game play time out of?

i have uncharted 1 that im finished with. good game. u can have it for $15 if you want

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: Ordering PS3 games from overseas.

Postby sarusa » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:56 am

Is this thread appropriate? Why not add a Mazda thread at least its a car!!!

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: Ordering PS3 games from overseas.

Postby bumblebee » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Cool your jets.
Its in the general talk area. :-)

Return to “General Talk”