***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Putting seat covers on?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

craigeth
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Putting seat covers on?

Postby craigeth » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Hey guys.

While trying to put seat covers on my girlfriends '98 Volvo, we found it extremely bloody difficult. Especially the back seats.

Now I know this isn't Lancer related, but do you guys have any tips for putting seat covers on? There's just way too many creases and stuff, it's like the covers are 4 sizes too big for the seats. I found this when installing covers on my old falcon too.
Twenty Three Frames - Photography and Video Production
www.twentythreeframes.com

brent0013
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby brent0013 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:53 pm

most seat covers wrap around and fit like a sock im having trouble getting my back seats bottoms to fit the top is sitting alright but bottom falls off need to secure it some how ... how ever back on topic maybe the seat coves are just to big for the car... in conclusion the covers are sposed to be tucked in to be secured there not like a couch cover that just sits ontop

Envoke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Envoke » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Tuck, fold and tighten the edges as best you can.

I put in my girlfriends universal seat covers and see drives a swift, so the backs could of literally wrapped around twice lol. Anyway, alot of tucking, squeezing and shoving later, they looked great.

And finally NEVER use your 40/60 splits or the covers will just return to their floppy original state. Unless ofcourse you want to dismantle them and re-sew, so the splits can be used (assuming the cars seats fold)
Red goes faster. MUCH faster.

Return to “General Talk”