***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What do you do?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Captain
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Captain » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:38 pm

Ofey

Don't really do any of the selling personally but if your in the market I can definitely sort something out for you.

As for the cruise, count me in :D
Car
- 2008 Lightning Blue Ralliart (First delivered in AUS)
- Creatd Motorsport custom tune (186kw atw)
- 13.12 1/4 Mile (Australia's fastest Ralliart, unless someone gets upset, then it's just fast)

Vaelehn
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Vaelehn » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:15 am

slickthug wrote:Vaelehn that sounds kool. cant you get a degree in the army like a an automotive one

well i got money specifically for college from my enlistment bonus. and while yes they would pay the majority of the costs for college while I am active duty the problem is for that kind of degree its pretty much all hands on stuff. So I wouldn't have the time to go to an actual class being active duty.
Ryan_C wrote:Wouldn't the US automotive industry be pretty volatile to work in though??

It's not too bad from what I know. All I really want to do is open up my own little garage type deal though. Repairs and aftermarket upgrades. Stuff like that.

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:48 am

Vaelehn wrote:
Ryan_C wrote:Wouldn't the US automotive industry be pretty volatile to work in though??

It's not too bad from what I know. All I really want to do is open up my own little garage type deal though. Repairs and aftermarket upgrades. Stuff like that.

Ahh ok. Just over here in Aust. an automotive engineering degree at a uni they tend to go into like a design role for an automotive manufacturer....

Mechanics here just do a mechanics course through Tafe (technical institute)!

whitlam
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby whitlam » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:52 am

I work in accounts at a commercial food equipment distributor and hopefully I will be getting a pay rise in the next week or so

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Re: What do you do?

Postby blanka » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:16 pm

Josh_Emerton wrote:Simple - we need a topic where we find out where everybody works and doing what.

Personally - I work as a salesman for EB Games, so I doubt I'm much use to anybody.

josh u work for eb games? which store?, u should give me discount lolz

oh n blanka here is a street fighter, makes a living from street fighting lolz >.< jks jks i cant fight ahahah ima printer/photocopier tech

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:24 pm

whitlam wrote:I work in accounts at a commercial food equipment distributor and hopefully I will be getting a pay rise in the next week or so

Pay rise in these troubled times?
You're a lucky one aren't you? I'm actually considering taking a 2nd job to fund my car mods... .

bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bye2u » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:26 pm

just graduated in e-business and now unemployed :D

whitlam
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby whitlam » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:52 pm

ofey wrote:
whitlam wrote:I work in accounts at a commercial food equipment distributor and hopefully I will be getting a pay rise in the next week or so

Pay rise in these troubled times?
You're a lucky one aren't you? I'm actually considering taking a 2nd job to fund my car mods... .

I'm actually taking on some more work as they got rid of others, so I guess I am lucky to still have the job at all

Unkynd
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Unkynd » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:40 pm

Wow quite a diverse range of people here.

I'm a physiotherapist. I work in a little bit of the sports side of things, but my 9-5 is research based at the university's Centre for Clinical Research.
Aiming to get into a medical school and become a doctor.

Other skills: pretty good with computers. Used to run a bulletin board similar to this one, built and modified it from scratch. Until there were a few questions raised about intellectual property rights, so now I'm just keeping the .com in case it's worth something in the future.

Skills I lack that I want to learn: Cars.. i'm quite the novice. I know I put my foot down, and it goes. I'd love to be able to pull an engine apart and actually be able to put it back together. Or perhaps one day pour some hard earned dollars into doing up an old classic from the ground up.

Also on a side note.. I see lots of members asking for deals and things from people that work at various places. I also noticed that this particular thread is easily viewable by anyone. Perhaps a thread such as this, should be moved to a more restricted area of the forum where guests do not have read access.

Gomez
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Gomez » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:53 pm

In the Navy as an electronics technician, still 5 years minimum to go

Return to “General Talk”