***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Comparsion Evo, Sti and Golf

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

vr
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Comparsion Evo, Sti and Golf

Postby vr » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:37 am

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:44 pm

The main picture in that article; the Evo comes out looking the softest of the three of them. Golf R looks nice but I liking the Subaru more and more lately. Getting more and more interested in buying an Impreza. Only thing that not sold on is turbo. Hate turbo... Could always swap it for a charger though. The interior too is not the best. What you dont like can always be changed :)

The Evo just does not look hard enough. On its own it does but when its with the other two cars it looks soft. It misses the whole brutal aspects of earlier Evo's.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Well my Dad just sold his Mazda MPS6 and got a Golf R, (quoting dad) The MPS6 is probably as quick as the EVO X, but the Golf R feels Slower than the MPS6. But the more comfortable than the MPS.

Frazza
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Frazza » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:23 pm

LOL!
MY10 Golf R | 5 Door | Rising Blue Metallic | DSG | MDI | Black 19" Talladega | Motorsport Seats | Bluetooth | Sunroof | RNS510 + DYNAUDIO 300W

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:05 pm

GTI should not be added its way underpowered should be with the wrx and ralliart

STI looks butt ugly and should loose every time hands down

EVO needs a better interior because the CJ series does look a little too plastic, but its still the best by far.
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Home Brand Alloy UICP
DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors
K&N Panel Filter Replacement
DBA Extreme Pads
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Tein S Tech Springs
Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:46 pm

Golf in the review is the Golf R. GTI the next step down the Golfs spec level. These 3 cars were compared on price: top end auto offerings for each of the three (Lancer, Golf & Impreza). Evo the most expensive one of the lot.

Audi S3 could have been thrown in there too. Would be interesting out of the two kissing cousins who comes out better (Golf R or S3). The RS3, are we getting that? If we are that would be a good comparison against Evo TMR, WRX STi Spec R and the RS3. Though TMR and the RS3 are closer to the 100k bracket though than the WRX

fazzle
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby fazzle » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:12 pm

bd-850 wrote:Well my Dad just sold his Mazda MPS6 and got a Golf R, (quoting dad) The MPS6 is probably as quick as the EVO X, but the Golf R feels Slower than the MPS6. But the more comfortable than the MPS.

ROFLMFAO

delusions of grandeur much?

I haven't laughed this hard since oh god, a very long long time so thanks for that

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:27 pm

The auto subaru's power is past laughable, I test drove one last month. Has no power at all, I was very disappointed. Although the manual STi has a lot more torque and responds better. I prefer a sedan over the Subaru and the VW any day.
:D I'm back baby! :D
Enkei - HKS - Turbosmart - Cosworth- TMW - Defi - DeatschWerks

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Even if a golf was the best car in the universe, if I'm buying a car for excitement, I'm not buying a car called a golf. Thats about as exciting as calling it 'mop' or something.

Not hating on the car or golf itself, just sayin :P

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:09 pm

fazzle wrote:
bd-850 wrote:Well my Dad just sold his Mazda MPS6 and got a Golf R, (quoting dad) The MPS6 is probably as quick as the EVO X, but the Golf R feels Slower than the MPS6. But the more comfortable than the MPS.

ROFLMFAO

I haven't laughed this hard since oh god, a very long long time so thanks for that

Well I was in the car when a EVO X tried to overtake on double white lines but when he did eventually overtake there really wasn't much in it

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:30 pm

I actually thought the Evo X interior didn't look too bad especially in comparison to the STI. The 370z however has a much nicer interior for that price range.

Also not impressed with Golf's interior. Feels so... boring to me beyond the flat bottomed steering wheel.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

fazzle
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby fazzle » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:33 am

bd-850 wrote:
fazzle wrote:

ROFLMFAO

Well I was in the car when a EVO X tried to overtake on double white lines but when he did eventually overtake there really wasn't much in it

cool story bro ;)

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:59 am

Ok you just stay in your little world where Mitsubishi make the best and fastest cars in world.

Frazza
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Frazza » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:57 am

LOL!!, I love threads like this they are so funny. The bottom line is they make different cars for different people, drive them all, if you like one then buy it, that's what i did, i drove them all including the Audi S3 and i ended up getting my EVO X MR, the reason are my own but it's interesting to read peoples opinion's based on no fact what so ever.

To say you don't like the look of the EVO or the interior...well you are on the wrong forum, haha, the CJ Lancer was designed from the EVO so they look the same, if you don't like the look then why buy a Lancer and for that matter why do some change your front bar to look like an EVO. I have opinions on all of them as i have driven them but each to there own otherwise we would all be driving the same car but one quick note on the price, the EVO is the most expensive (In this test) yes, but there are no more options while the options list for the Golf R is very long, and i have priced one when i was looking and it can be over $80k.

They each do something different, drive them, buy the one you like. One thing i will say, once you have owned a turbo all wheel drive car you won't go back. :)
MY10 Golf R | 5 Door | Rising Blue Metallic | DSG | MDI | Black 19" Talladega | Motorsport Seats | Bluetooth | Sunroof | RNS510 + DYNAUDIO 300W

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:39 am

bd-850 wrote:
fazzle wrote:

ROFLMFAO

... did I interpret this correctly?

So you were driving slow, the Evo went to overtake on the other side of the road, and you guys tried to speed up so he couldn't get back in? Thumbs up </sarcasm>

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

Return to “General Talk”