***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

End of year results!

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

jolly_tas
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

End of year results!

Postby jolly_tas » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:54 am

Not sure how many of you have been studying this year, but I'm sure there are quite a few of you.

Today my uni results came out and it is a relief seeing that after 3 years there is no need to go back next year.... instead I can work full time and earn some real money to stop dreaming about doing things to the Lancer and actually be able to afford to do them!

Congratulations to all those that are in the same boat!

hansmitchel
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby hansmitchel » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:56 am

Congrats Joel :)

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Nick07 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:14 am

I'm stoked, got my first 90% plus - all high distinctions :)

Only 2 years to go for me :P

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:18 am

Congratulations Joel .... Also Nick Keep The Good Work up .... And To All Others who Have Passed and all who have done many years of Hard work with their Studies ...Well Done *first*
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Re: End of year results!

Postby JaCe » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:43 pm

jolly_tas wrote:Not sure how many of you have been studying this year, but I'm sure there are quite a few of you.

Today my uni results came out and it is a relief seeing that after 3 years there is no need to go back next year.... instead I can work full time and earn some real money to stop dreaming about doing things to the Lancer and actually be able to afford to do them!

Congratulations to all those that are in the same boat!

Congratulations! I remember when I finished uni I was stoked that I wouldn't have to go back. You'll end up missing studying a bit especially if you were into the routine... so now I'm doing post grad studies instead!

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:47 pm

So true, I graduated 6 mths ago and I miss uni so much! (might have something to do with not having a job yet...:P)
Like my car? Follow my fitness blog!

http://www.littleguylifting.com/

scheris
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby scheris » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Only great thing about working is the money, other than that I'd take Uni any day!

Especially with the bull and stupid office politics you have to deal with at work every day.

Envoke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Envoke » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Surprisingly passed everything! :) :) did less work this semester but got higher marks haha, one year to go.
Red goes faster. MUCH faster.

evo9990
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby evo9990 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:05 pm

CONGRATS JOEL!! :) its exciting how you guys are nearly finishing UNI but me iam starting next year! just finished College and just waiting for my results :D but congtrats again Joel :)

MattyvR
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby MattyvR » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:15 pm

You own a ralliart and you only just finished school? :shock:

evo9990
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby evo9990 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:22 pm

hah yea i got it last march i was supposed to get an EVO but the insurance couldnt cover me cause of my age so i got a ralliart instead but also it was also tough with the insurance until i found a company that would insure me :) but its a very cool car :)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Don't be envious MattyvR. Jealousy is a curse.

Either one has generous parents or anyone who has a decent A$50K P.A. job can take out a car loan in order to own an RA.

Also depends what your cost of living is. Some of us have family commitments like kids or investment properties. Others pour most of their money into their cars. There are some I've met on this club who measure their self worth and ego based on the car they drive and the mods they put onto it.

But back to my point. Don't wonder... That's the thing about Australia that's great.There's not that much of a gap between the rich and the poor and often perception plays a big role in what is rich and what is poor.

A 46yr old technician at my university with no kids, lives in a rented room within a 3 room house with a garage he also rents for his own use. He drives an R35 skyline and has a pretty funky Kawasaki Ninja. Depends on the priorities in you have in your life. He even has a 52" TV in the garage where he spends most of his time.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

evo9990
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby evo9990 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:40 pm

ofey wrote:Don't be envious MattyvR. Jealousy is a curse.

Either one has generous parents or anyone who has a decent A$50K P.A. job can take out a car loan in order to own an RA.

Also depends what your cost of living is. Some of us have family commitments like kids or investment properties. Others pour most of their money into their cars. There are some I've met on this club who measure their self worth and ego based on the car they drive and the mods they put onto it.

But back to my point. Don't wonder... That's the thing about Australia that's great.There's not that much of a gap between the rich and the poor and often perception plays a big role in what is rich and what is poor.

A 46yr old technician at my university with no kids, lives in a rented room within a 3 room house with a garage he also rents for his own use. He drives an R35 skyline and has a pretty funky Kawasaki Ninja. Depends on the priorities in you have in your life. He even has a 52" TV in the garage where he spends most of his time.

nicely explained! :D :) but wow an r35 thats cool! but i dont ask money from my parents for mods so i have a part time job and earn money to modify the car! so iam not the spoiled one ha cheers Ofey!

jolly_tas
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jolly_tas » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:28 pm

thanks for the words guys and keep going those that still have study to do.

now just have to get a job to make it worth it! :)

MattyvR
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby MattyvR » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:37 pm

Sorry, it wasn't meant that way, I am only 18 myself and often get comments on people thinking my parents bought my car for me when they didn't and it frustrates me no end.
I won't lie however, I definitely am jealous haha :P
What I meant was, firstly how lucky you must be to have a ralliart as your first car! and secondly, was unaware that laws in tasmania were different to queensland, no ralliart for me until i am at least 20 :(

Return to “General Talk”