***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Stupid drivers that lack respect for other people's cars!!

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

jolly_tas
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Stupid drivers that lack respect for other people's cars!!

Postby jolly_tas » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Was out shopping today and as I pulled into a car park noticed an old guy getting into his beat up XW Falcon using the Commodore next to him as a door stop. I deliberately walked past him so he would close his door and shook my head at him in the process.

It made me wonder about some people.

Then tonight my partner got home from work and I noticed that the front RH side of the bumper had popped out.

On closer inspection it seems while she was at work, some idiot who can't drive has tagged the headlight (and grazed the housing) which has pushed it back putting a slight bend in the guard! In the process they have also grazed the corner of the bumper.

Looked under the bonnet and there are no broken mountings or anything else out of shape, so we got off lightly. Luckily I have been able to pop the bumper back into place and get the bend out of the guard without damaging the paintwork as it wouldn't have been worth claiming on insurance.

Had planned to get a few stone chips fixed on it and a good buff anyways, but still p****d that there are types out there that don't give a s**t about other people's property!

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:40 pm

I hope there is not to much damage.

Some people just have zero care factor for their car or any one else.

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:53 pm

Seen much of that crap everywhere. The carefree factor is not limited to one area. Ive seen crazy things done over last couple years, some below:

-shopping center car park, wife/partner in a newish Honda SUV parked next to a trolley bay reversed out of carpark to leave and drove up over the barrier of the trolley bay. Got out, massive ding in the fender and scratches in that area then proceeded to push the panels to try and fix it up a bit. Didnt get far, shrugged her shoulders got back in the car and drove off. Several people saw and just stood there...

-peak hour traffic had a couple of impatient drivers, one in a Mazda 2 and the other in something else. Overtaking and speeding to get in front of the other then next minute the Mazda 2 dives in on the other car and bounces off it.

---

Your lucky you had no further damage with your headlights, they can be expensive to replace.

jolly_tas
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jolly_tas » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:01 pm

may have been an excuse to get Angel Eyes!

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:16 pm

well, that seriously sucks, but at least it's nothing major. :(
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

jimmytim
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jimmytim » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:29 am

And shopping trolleys, people just let go of it in the car park and let it free roll into my old car. Lucky there was no scratch. Geez.
Hug me please!

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:44 am

Ugg, shopping trollies. I hate people that leave them in parking bays. Especially when the trolley bay is "just there" (within a few bays).

I usually partially park, leave the car running and move the trolley but still...
there's times I feel like I'm some people's mother. (Pick up your sh!t.)

Probably doesn't help that I work in a supermarket and constantly find take away coffee cups, maccas cups and the like just left where it's "convenient".

-- public service announcement --
"Hold onto your darn cup until you get out of my store. Thank you."
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:02 pm

Shopping trollys are my worst nightmare.. I only need to be parked at the mall for 5 minutes and when I get back some bastard has left a trolly inches away from my car.. I swear to god I will give them a good back hand if I catch ém in the act! :P

twr75
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby twr75 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:24 pm

And then there are the low lifes that deliberately damage other peoples cars... :evil:
EVO is not a dirty word...

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:49 pm

The Young guy next Door to me has just brought a brand new SS commodore , And some jerk ran a key right down the full length of the sides :roll: It was quite deep as well , So who ever it was really meant to do damage ...

Had to feel sorry for the young guy .
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Nick07 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:06 pm

My cousin had her black getz keyed down the whole side and also the bonnet and then all 4 tyres slashed. It was parked in her carport.

Envoke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Envoke » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:49 pm

Cant leave your car ANYWHERE these days. I have drunk stumble marks near the back where it looks like someones toppled over, i have a key mark on the bonnet, various door scratches. People just walk between cars without a care and smack into them, but who cares, not their car.
Red goes faster. MUCH faster.

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:26 am

yep got a nice dent on boot from where some pr!ck decided he would use something to hit my car, yer happy new year to you to ars3 hole

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:24 am

scraverX wrote:Ugg, shopping trollies. I hate people that leave them in parking bays. Especially when the trolley bay is "just there" (within a few bays).

I usually partially park, leave the car running and move the trolley but still...
there's times I feel like I'm some people's mother. (Pick up your sh!t.)

Probably doesn't help that I work in a supermarket and constantly find take away coffee cups, maccas cups and the like just left where it's "convenient".

-- public service announcement --
"Hold onto your darn cup until you get out of my store. Thank you."

Rick , try running over a used nappie in the carpark *puke*

Just a good thing it wasnt in the Lancer

Return to “General Talk”