***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What reason do you mod your car??

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

What reason do you mod your car??

Postby Gleno » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:44 am

This is a great forum to get ideas of what mods you
Can do for your lancer. However one has to wonder do people mod there car because others are and want to have a better ride?? Or is it peer pressure?? Or is it because they feel more accepted in the club or when they go on a cruise??
Any opinions on this??

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:03 am

Because I like to waste money :P

I mod the car to make it unique and MINE, personalize it.

But the forum doesn't help you see people some awsome mods and It just makes you want it yourself.

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:16 am

People will do it for different reasons. I want my car to be what I want it to be and not what someone else tells me it should be. I also want to show people that AWD and Turbo is not the only platform of a performance car. I want to try break the notion that Evo/Ralliart=performance. I want something that is different to everyone else. It takes time and money but the end result is worth it.

Anyone can buy an Evo but not everyone can work on a normal Lancer to be able to scare an Evo.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:25 am

Same thoughts with Ben and Tim in a way.

It boils down to personalization.
The car in a way is a reflection of the driver's vision.

The biggest misconception people have is that you have to mod (+wash) your car to come for a cruise.

Nobody at meets judge you because of your car but you're judged on your character and how you present yourself as a person. You could drive a stock bone ES and you'll still be welcomed. If you like meeting new people and cruising as a group, you'll be well liked... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

liam92
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby liam92 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:31 am

It makes it mine, I know nobody else has a car exactly like it. Its an even better feeling when you do the mods yourself :)

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:09 am

I mod my car because if I don't ill spend it on something else.
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:21 am

ofey wrote:Same thoughts with Ben and Tim in a way.

It boils down to personalization.
The car in a way is a reflection of the driver's vision.

The biggest misconception people have is that you have to mod (+wash) your car to come for a cruise.

Nobody at meets judge you because of your car but you're judged on your character and how you present yourself as a person. You could drive a stock bone ES and you'll still be welcomed. If you like meeting new people and cruising as a group, you'll be well liked... .

Thats great to hear i agree 100% with your comments. I certainly wont
Mod my car just for a cruise/meet, im happy with just putting on some mitsu accesories and be done with it. Although its still good to see some cars with heaps of mods which make them unique. Some nice looking cars here in this
Club.

customundo
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby customundo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:07 am

I do it mainly for the self satisfaction gained from being able to personalize my car the way I want it to be.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:39 am

ofey wrote:Nobody at meets judge you because of your car but you're judged on your character and how you present yourself as a person. You could drive a stock bone ES and you'll still be welcomed. If you like meeting new people and cruising as a group, you'll be well liked... .

YES, exactly right.

We are all nice people who like to help doesnt matter if you have a Stock as a rock ES or a Highly Modded EVO we all still have the same intrest, driving the CJ and meeting like minded people

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:36 am

I mod my car because I can.

When I was in the peak 17-26 yo age range I either didn't have the money or didn't have a car or both.

I've always been into modified/customised cars and now, with my CJ I'm doing some of the things that I wanted to, but couldn't before.
I couldn't see myself in a car that stands out like the proverbial dogs balls (I don't have that attitude) but I like that mine is different in little ways to almost all the other CJ's I see around town.

I'll jokingly poke fun at people if their car isn't clean at a meet, but then mine isn't always perfectly clean either (4 hrs on the highway and Black it won't be 100% even if you wash it before you leave :) ).

I go to meets for the drive and to speak to people face to face. Meets get me out of the house and actually interacting with people.
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

vlad_the_impaler
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby vlad_the_impaler » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:14 pm

I mod it for a few reasons. One thing is like others I like more personal feeling to/from my car.
The other thing is that sometimes I get bored with it in a way that I have to change something on it. But not too bored and sick of the car like some of my friends who trade their cars every 6 months or so LOL
The mods make me love it even more

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Hmm... I mod my CJ because like many - it becomes personal - and a little bit of a reflection of someones personality - an extension maybe...?

Mine is an ES, and I love that everything can be changed!
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:41 pm

I mod to make my car different and personal, but to be frank it is also for the reaction of other people (why else would I open my bonnet every chance I get :D) I am a bit of a show off :P.

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:14 pm

I mod my CJ because it's more than a car to me,it's a way of life and a passionate hobby,be it an expensive one!!
ClubCJ is a like minded group full of people I'm proud to call my friends
I love being individual,hence the modding path I've taken
I love to drive fast so I go to the track,I enjoy making my car different and sharing the info learned along the way. :D: :wink:
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

Return to “General Talk”