***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

apple lovers

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Reading your last post, I think many people have a misconception about loving Apple.

Apple offers terrible hardware value.
However Mac OS X is arguably the most user friendly usable front end GUI the Unix world has ever seen.
If you've used a Linux OS such as Red Hat in the late 90s, you will realise, Mac OS X is nothing new.

I was running transparent windows and dual booting my computers even back then... .

For someone to profess their love for Apple the way some of you have, I can't help but think you're slightly affected by the "Apple Distortion Field". And if you tell me in your youth (ok my youth), if you tell me you've loved Apple since Mac OS 9, i think you're just downright deluded.

I am a fan of Mac OS X.
I am a fan of the design talents of Jonathan Ives.
I am a fan of the iPod Concept.
I am a fan of the iPhone Concept.

But NO WAY I'd be a fan of...
Apple's hardware policy & their Pricing Policy.

You do realise you can put Mac OS X on a Dell Mini 10V for A$500. Runs without a flaw. Eventually, I'm looking to put Mac OS X on an AlienWare 11" some day since Apple gave up on the mobile warrior.

Anyone who simply goes out and buys an Apple and just surrounds themselves with Apple products is very very deluded.

Learn to look for value in your purchases and buy what present quality at a reasonable price in what is a very fast moving market.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Bluerx
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Bluerx » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:25 pm

wow wow wow..... if that was directed at me...... wow.

really wasnt expecting that sort of reply! wow.

dude... chill!

i didnt go on bout u trying to load mac osx onto an alienware computer so why go on at me bout how im deluded and dont know value! i know value... i worked in retail for 6 years, i know whats good, whats bad, whats overpriced and whats good value!

look i dont wanna get in a arguement with you.... cause well i cant be bothered! but jesus dude... that was a little uncalled for!

oh and for reference... i was a mac boy well before os9, and well i buy apple computers cause i like there build quality and there high level of quality control.

and yes i will agree with you that there pricing is to controlled and high, but people still pay it!

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:22 am

You can't really compliment mac build quality unless you're referring to the plastics of a laptop. The hardware is from the same companies as everybody else. I'm not sure what you're referring to by quality control either then.

Also, E.g of mac overpricing: I have seen 24" mac monitors for $1200.
Why? Cos people buy them anyway I suppose.

Apple
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Apple » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:52 am

haha possible close of thread. Just say mac wins :P and then call it game over.. no more squabble ayeeee
2010 Lancer VRX
- K&N Performance drop in filter
- 20" Lenso Rims
- BC Suspension Coil Over Kit (Lowered 45mm)
- Front end Vinyl Work
- Sports Magnaflow Exhaust
- More mods to come.. ++

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:07 am

Bluerx wrote:wow wow wow..... if that was directed at me...... wow.
really wasnt expecting that sort of reply! wow.
dude... chill!

I don't even know how to answer that. Wow perhaps?
Did you expect replies of ENVY and or PRAISE to give you some kind of assurance you've chosen the right brand to support?

Bluerx wrote:i didnt go on bout u trying to load mac osx onto an alienware computer so why go on at me bout how im deluded and dont know value!

You couldn't have had a go at me because I only mentioned it in my recent reply. Unless you can read minds?
However, I can tell from your statements Value for money doesn't quite apply to you. Although you did buy a Lancer so perhaps I'm wrong.

Bluerx wrote:i know value... i worked in retail for 6 years, i know whats good, whats bad, whats overpriced and whats good value!

Hardly a debatable point.
There are people who have studied topics for 6 years and know next to nothing about the subject.

Bluerx wrote:look i dont wanna get in a arguement with you.... cause well i cant be bothered! but jesus dude... that was a little uncalled for!

I don't appreciate Mac users keep trying to come across as they are buying the better product when little do they realise they're overpaying for something which exists in other spheres. Don't do any evangelising here and we won't have conversations such as this.

Bluerx wrote:oh and for reference... i was a mac boy well before os9,

I rest my case.

Bluerx wrote:and well i buy apple computers cause i like there build quality and there high level of quality control.

There is little or no difference in build quality between an Apple and say for e.g. a Dell. Do you know why you read of more complaints of Dells compared to Apples? Two reasons:
1. Market Share - The Mac market only accounts for ~ 12% of the whole computer industry. Thus your sample sizes are not even near. Resulting in complaints not even being in the same postcode.

2. I'm also going to point out the difference between a PC user and a Mac user. Over the last generation, Mac has built it's perception as a USER FRIENDLY machine (think of the Mac Vs PC advertising campaign). The user adoption has been mostly of people who feared computers in the first place and are hardly what you call POWER users. The Power user has pretty much remained with PCs since you get much more of an ability to tweak and custom build your machine. These simpler (as opposed to Power) users also tend to complain less. With the availability of the Genius Bar in Apple Stores, this allows many complaints to sneak under the radar, giving one the perception that an Apple machines have higher build quality and less problems. Though try and get an appointment on the day itself for one of these geniuses. They are however always booked out. This could perhaps tell 1 of 2 stories i.e. that a) there are many faults with Apples or b) Apple users don't know how to use their machines?

Bluerx wrote:and yes i will agree with you that there pricing is to controlled and high, but people still pay it!

People pay more because they don't know any better.
Thus the Mac evangelising should pretty much stop.
Consider that on average a PC user is far more well informed about technology, that is why they will not pay.
Those that do shouldn't go onto forum boards and come across like a braggart and then use terms to degrade a PC:

BlueRX wrote:I have two macbooks, 120gb gen 5 ipod, iphone 3gs and iphone 4.
my partner has an iphone 3gs and ipod nano, but like i said before unfortunately a hp laptop.... lol.
i was gonna buy her a macbook, but the course she is doing at uni most of her programs only run on pc, and well im just too lazy to install windows on a mac(even though im sure it would be pretty simple... lol).

Hardly unfortunate to own a HP. So PC users are unfortunate compared to you? Get this Apple users, there's NO Superiority associated in being an Apple user. Just shows you're a less discerning buyer and money solves problems for you. If all you do is surf the internet and email with some small pocket of word processing, you're really under utilizing a Mac anyway.

If its "pretty simple" and yet you're lazy, what does that say about you as a person?

Apple wrote:haha possible close of thread. Just say mac wins :P and then call it game over.. no more squabble ayeeee

There is NO win NOR lose between choosing between a PC and a Mac. Macs are NOT superior.
And this is hardly squabbling. Unless you view anyone who has an opinion different to yours in opposition of your beliefs and cannot accept that others have a different opinion which may well be more reasonable and less bias.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

Apple
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Apple » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:37 am

It just seems like your trying very hard to defend PC users, like your doing it for your team? I started this thread so people could discuss about there Apple products (hence the forum is stated, "Apple Lovers")

If you dislike Apple and where they stand, dont click on a thread that states the exact opposite of what you like.

It doesnt do you any good telling everyone that PC products are cheaper than Apple products, believe it or not, we know.

It is squabble (definition; argue over petty things;), I'm actually sick of the notifications when everytime its just someone bitching about the fact that PC is somehow better? This is not the purpose of the thread. If you want to boast about PC products, start your own "Windows Lovers" thread. And while your at it, you may as well style it with a Blue background with white text.

So, I think we should just Image
all this bickering and just discuss about the threads description, Apple Lovers (and their products)
2010 Lancer VRX

- 20" Lenso Rims

- Front end Vinyl Work

- More mods to come.. ++

StrkEagle
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby StrkEagle » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:43 am

can't we all just get along?

some people like mac,
some people like pc,
some people even like both

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:49 am

Well , i see Apple products like branded bags , it doesn't matter what it does or having to actually use it , as long as you have it and you tell the world you have it , your cool :)

Of course it's does not apply for ALL apple users but i'm sure 70% are. I love apple products , i'm using their iphone 3gs and still loving it but would i buy a Macbook or IPad ? Probably not cause i know it costs more and i'll never fully utilize it.

It's amazing how Apple has monopolized the market with their products, making it an essential in most household nowadays. I don't think it's debatable whether a MAC or a PC is better. Just get which you think is worth your money and your satisfaction. This applies the same as car mods. JDM SS intercooler pipe vs USDM/Taiwan SS intercooler pipe , twice the price but people still buy it ? It's all about the satisfaction and bling factor :)

This debate is like Evo VS STI , it's never ending cause people are just stubborn and have their own opinions.

PS : ANYONE KNOW WHEN IS THE IPHONE 5 COMING OUT !
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Bluerx
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Bluerx » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:10 am

ok im gonna redo my original post for ofey!

im a mac boy through and through. the first computer i ever used was a mac.... lol.

I have two macbooks, 120gb gen 5 ipod, iphone 3gs and iphone 4.
my partner has an iphone 3gs and ipod nano, and a hp laptop(which we have had nothing but problems with).

i was gonna buy her a macbook, but the course she is doing at uni most of her programs only run on pc, and well im just too lazy to install windows on a mac(even though im sure it would be pretty simple... lol). And by lazy i mean busy.. im working 6 to 7 days a week atm, shes working full time, studying, playing soccer, volunteer work and were trying to have a life and do house work at the same time.

Love my macs, so easy to use.... never had a problem with one ever... (<this is my personal opion)
Last edited by Bluerx on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:11 am

I think you still don't get where I'm coming from.

My team?
I use Mac OS X almost exclusively.

You say discuss, then have a proper discussion not:

I have " half a dozen iPods, 2 MacBooks ... etc"
Hardly a discussion. It's like spelling out that you've spent a shit load of money on Apple Products and that qualifies you to discuss Apple?

The thing that irks me are braggarts who pass themselves off as Apple users.

That's not a discussion. That's bragging and I think many like myself have had enough of Apple Bragging. You want to brag, go to a Pro Apple forum and brag.

Sure we're not only a Car forum. We discuss all matters in the general talk section so let's have an educated discussion as you want it about Apple.

Should we discuss Apple's new DRM policy for music sold over iTunes?
or
Should we discuss Apple's iOS4 vs Android?
or
Should we discuss Apple's iPad and its ability to compete with the Android driven Tablet?
or
Should we discuss Apple's move from PowerPC to Intel? Was that what pushed Apple forward rather than innovative design?
or
Should we discuss Apple's hardware policy of releasing machines usually one generation out of step with latest cutting edge hardware?

Do we continue as I've seen on this thread BRAG about how much we love APPLE and HOW MUCH money you've spent on Apple or HOW LONG you've been using Apple products?

Or Perhaps I should conform to the "discussion style"

I've been using a Mac since Mac OS X came on the scene.
My first was a Ti MacBook Pro 15"
I got the first Al 15" MacBook Pro after that and coupled that to a Mac 22" Display.
I then downgraded completely to an Al 12" MacBook Pro with a very unfortunate 22" ACER LCD Display
I have 2 MacBooks which I use as desktop replacements. By using the marvellous teleport program I can control both with a single Mac wireless mouse and keyboard.
I've owned EVERY single iPod nano ever released and was using a standard iPod prior to them.
I was amongst the first to buy a iPhone3G upon release in Australia.
I also own several Dells which I have Hackintosh-ed.

Discusses NOTHING as I pointed out but simply comes across as bragging or
Just all about me and how much money I've poured down the Apple hole.

I won't just hold this stand on an Apple Discussion but also if we were discussing cars and some guy came on and said in an Evo Lovers forum and gone on to say:

I'm an Evo FanBoy. Now I own 2 Evos: An Evo 9 and a X MR.
I've always driven an Evo since Evo III.
The build quality and QC is better than any other car.
Unfortunately my wife drives a CJ Ralliart.

Tell me how does that discuss Evo's?

I hope you now more clearly see where I'm coming from... .

Apple
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Apple » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:20 am

No because their both Mitsubishi's and hence, acceptable. I'm leaving it as people have different decisions as to what they like, I've been a fanatic of both, and I'm a qualified web designer now and my choice of computer is Apple Mac's and mine is a Apple MacBook Pro 15" i7 and I couldnt be happier, I'm sure others love PC's, but for me.. Apple is my choice.
2010 Lancer VRX

- 20" Lenso Rims

- Front end Vinyl Work

- More mods to come.. ++

Bluerx
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Bluerx » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:29 am

Im sorry ofey, i do see where your coming from.

i saw the topic "apple lovers", went into it and saw:

Apple wrote:yea well i recently bought my new mac

15 inch i7, bootcamp with windows 7 for uni shit

my pride and joy hahaha ;P

SIR-VRX wrote:Current:
Unibody Macbook Pro 13" with Snow Leopard and Win7
1st Gen Macbook 13" with Snow Leopard
1st Gen iPod Touch 16gb
4th Gen iPod Nano 16gb
Missus has an iPhone 3Gs 32gb
Numerous docks, adapters and remotes

Dead:
iPhone 3G 16gb
4th Gen iPod 40gb

Found this old pic:

Apple wrote:hahaha im glad some people have seen the light!

haha yea i have 2 8gb nano's

imac

family is all mac...

and there is less stress around :)

milobob wrote:I have an ipod mini, ipod shuffle, ipod touch and I use NONE of them :P

I msut say though on the Macbook pros, the touch pad is really really awesome - although I am a fan of the MOUSE.

ofey wrote:For me, here's my Mac evolution:

1. Ti PowerBook G4 15" 667MHz 512MB RAM (First ever Mac owned bought with my first PhD scholarship prize circa 2003) sold to buy->2.
2. Al PowerBook G4 15" 1.33GHz 2GB RAM sold to buy -> 5.
3. iPod 3G 10GB sold to buy -> 4.
4. iPod 4G 20GB (Click Wheel) sold to buy -> 6.
5. Al PowerBook G4 12" 1.5GHz sold to buy -> 10.
6. iPod 5G 30GB (Video Colour) sold to buy -> 8
7. iMac G5 17" G5 1.8GHz 2.5GB RAM sold to buy->9.
8. iPod Nano 2G 8GB sold to buy -> 13.
9. iMac G5 17" G5 1.9GHz (iSight) 2.5GB RAM (Sold on leaving the UK in 01/2008)

Current:
10. Macbook 13" Black 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM Mac OS X 10.6.3 - Windows XP SP3 Bootcamp (Current)
11. iPhone 3G Black 16GB
12. Macbook 13" White 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Windows XP SP3 Bootcamp
13. iPod Nano 5G Camera 16GB
14. Dell Mini 10V Black 1.66GHz Atom 2GB RAM Hackintosh OS X 10.5.8/Windows XP SP3

Should be selling 10. soon. The Dell Hackintoshed is fantastic and serves my purpose. No need for any large ass machines now. Will be looking to hackintosh a 7" Sony soon as a pocket PC.

Hence why i thought i would comment and tell people what i have got.
Yes i was pissed off at the time after spending 3 hours getting a virus off my misses computer and trying to save all her uni work, so i did let it get to me and cause me to rant a lil.

I just felt that your reply was a little bit of a personal attack i mean u were calling me "very very deluded"

Apple wrote: I'm sure others love PC's, but for me.. Apple is my choice.

I aggree!

This will be my last comment on the topic.

Iribia
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Iribia » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:40 am

Apple wrote:No because their both Mitsubishi's and hence, acceptable. I'm leaving it as people have different decisions as to what they like, I've been a fanatic of both, and I'm a qualified web designer now and my choice of computer is Apple Mac's and mine is a Apple MacBook Pro 15" i7 and I couldnt be happier, I'm sure others love PC's, but for me.. Apple is my choice.
You confirmed Ofey's point on braggarts right here?
Okay so you have a MacBook Pro 15" i7; how is that relevant to anything he discussed in his post?

Gotta love a bit of a keyboard war. :wink:

Return to “General Talk”