***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

apple lovers

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

shaine
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby shaine » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:42 pm

Wow... 1st time ive seen this thread and i must say im with Jake, if you dont like Apple, thats fine, this thread is for people who do, so leave it alone. Im no computer wizz, but 3 years ago i decided to convert to Apple, at the same time my 2 sisters and my Mum also upgraded to various windows based computers and laptops. Im the only one still using the same laptop 3 years on, and i have never had any service or repairs. So i may have originally paid quite a lot more for my laptop, but they are now on their 2nd or even 3rd, with many repairs along the way. They are all now seriously considering the change to Apple. Apple has and does EVERYTHING my family and i need them to do and far outlasts any other computer, which in my opinion justifies the higher price tag.
ENJOY!! (cj-black)

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:13 pm

Wow. All this hullabaloo over what is essentially the same equipment, and by same equipment, I mean, you plug it in, turn it on, and application process, comes with shiny peripherals, that can be hacked, virally sodomised and provide a gateway to the abyss of the Internet... Yes I'm being facetious... But if you can't laugh at how ridiculous the Mac v Windows debate is, then you take things too seriously. They are both expendable. Whether they are both as good or as bad as each other, is really the consumers perspective.

To discuss is to, well, discuss. I like to know what people have, but if you don't say what it does or what it is best used for, it is a little like bragging and maybe you should visit there lol....
Last edited by 86MIM on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:52 pm

86MIM wrote:Image

Wow. All this hullabaloo over what is essentially the same equipment, and by same equipment, I mean, you plug it in, turn it on, and application process, comes with shiny peripherals, that can be hacked, virally sodomised and provide a gateway to the abyss of the Internet... Yes I'm being facetious... But if you can't laugh at how ridiculous the Mac v Windows debate is, then you take things too seriously. They are both expendable. Whether they are both as good or as bad as each other, is really the consumers perspective.

To discuss is to, well, discuss. I like to know what people have, but if you don't say what it does or what it is best used for, it is a little like bragging and maybe you should visit there lol....

There was no hullabaloo, just a spirited exchange of contrasting opinions.

I was just pretty stirred by the use of the word UNFORTUNATE when describing a HP Laptop . And the statement of laziness despite simplicity.

Certainly comes across as superiority complex and starting keyboard war as one person put it. All's been clarified by the author now though.

I just don't want the prevalence of Haves Vs Have NOTs here. It's brought down many other forums. So when you want to have a say that Apples are better, don't say my computer doesn't break down => better build quality. I think you need to justify your statement a little more.

There are many reasons why machines get faulty and you can't point to just one reason.

I too agree that at the end of the day it's simply a means to an end.

So discussions anyone?

I'll start the ball rolling and say That Apple's progress in the last decade has more to do with its adoption of the Intel processor over the PowerPC rather than innovation on Apple's part.

Discuss?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

demon88
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby demon88 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:54 pm

Plenty of computers break, Apples included.

Their industrial design is certainly a drawcard. Look at the aluminium unibody laptops... noboby else has that down to such an art
The demon within me.....

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:11 pm

I personally love apples. What is the old saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away".

My favourite is hot apple pie with icecream :razz:

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:13 pm

Amen. Apples will also break.

demon88 wrote: Their industrial design is certainly a drawcard. Look at the aluminium unibody laptops... noboby else has that down to such an art

No question.
However, Do not attribute the Al unibody process to Apple.
Unibody production came from the automotive industry and in its simplest description, utilises CNC fabrication which is commonly used elsewhere. So hardly innovation in response to my discussion topic. Merely adaptation.

You should check out the Dell Adamo. No doubt a failed project but shows companies have the idea and technology to do Unibody as well. Logitech has also adopted unibody design in the diNovo Edge keyboard.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

demon88
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby demon88 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:48 pm

Bro, it's just as easy as a regular laptop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOAc_5L9XmQ#t=01m15s

Just remove a panel like you would on a plastic laptop.
The demon within me.....

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:28 am

Nobody in this thread argued that apple/mac is bad... They just argued that their pricing is wrong and therefore perhaps there a better solutions than just straight-up buying one.
Then, as far as I can tell, all the mac users got offended. :shock:

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:25 am

I've been a Mac fan for years, since high school many many years ago.

Unfortunately my iMac let me down today with a HDD failure, lucky it's covered by Apple Care and is just under the 3 years old. To top it off the backup HDD has failed, they will try data recovery but I'm not holding my breath.

On my iPad mini right now.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:16 pm

I have a question for any iMac users.

I've noticed when plugging in any powered USB device like a HUB or HDD there is often a little spark, I've been told it's because the device is powered up and the plug us reacting with the metal case of my iMac.

Now I've thought of a solution, short of turning off the power which is not always practical on my desk. All we need is a some tape or a sticker that surrounds the USB and other ports on the back of the iMac but I'm yet to find anything like that. Maybe it's time for some DIY on the back on my iMac LOL

The iMac is a great piece of visual design but as with a lot of Apple stuff let down in the real world with something like this which would be easily fixed with some tape or a re-design of the USB ports to include a plastic surround like on most other devices.

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Apple is trash. Especially when it comes to having devices in the car. I had nothing but problems with my Iphone 5 when trying to have it hooked up to my headunit via Bluetooth. Plus they don't last, The screens are stupidlly expensive to replace and it takes like small drops for the screen to crack.

I've owned my HTC for 6 months and have dropped it so many times on to hard surfaces such a tiles and concrete etc and it hasn't cracked once.
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:13 pm

Gotta love what Tiff just said about Apple :lol:

I understand they are one of the main players in the Mobile phone industry, but they (as do other brands) have their pros & cons.
Replacement parts are often higher than other brands because there's 57 gazillon of them, which ultimately influences spare parts pricing :roll:

I've owned several HTC phones for approx 6yrs & never had any operating probs & dropped them many times without ever cracking a screen.

BTW .... for all you Apple Lovers .... HTC stands for "High Tech Crap" :P
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Maybe you need to stop dropping your phones, get a protective over and put it in a belt pouch or secure pocket.

I've had iPhones for around 6 years and never once had to replace the screen and only dropped them a couple of times.

I do agree some things are not perfect, as I highlighted with the iMac and other Apple computers with all metal cases like their laptops.

I like how others have copied the finger print scanner with most placing them on the back or you need to swipe your finger to make them work. Some say they are not needed but OMG they make life so much easier when logging in or accessing secure apps that support it like banking.

Return to “General Talk”