***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

apple lovers

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Fri May 21, 2010 11:22 pm

Apple, you just won yourself post of the year :D

Expect a new trophy in your Profile.

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Sat May 22, 2010 2:23 am

man, I go on holidays and you guys go beserk... (wait...what changed?)

haha...what more can be said to add to this thread? Everything's been covered. There are always pros and cons to both worlds.

On one hand, there is the issue of cost. Are you willing to pay the premium for the a more stable and superior software base (MacOSX)?

Maybe if you've been fixing Windows-based computers for the last season of eternity and are sick of the Blue Screen, then maybe you'll pay the premium — even if you were once a purist and would build every element of your PC from scratch which kicked the proverbial hardware butt of the Apple.

On other hand, there is the issue of compatibility. In most lines of professional and academic computing needs, Windows is the primary OS thus you may not have a choice in your OS of choice. Hence, your necessity may dictate your practical application.

At the end of the day, it's a personal choice. In this one's opinion, it simply just works (and bloody well at that) :p
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sat May 22, 2010 3:04 am

About the terminology 'PC'...
Have you seen that Apple/Windows ad?
'Hi I'm a Mac'
'And I'm a PC'
Even the companies acknowledge PC is slang for windows.
Stop arguing about nothing... Idc what you buy.

I'm the type of guy to laugh at mac owners or commodore drivers or that kind of thing, but just because its something to do, not because theres anything wrong with it.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sat May 22, 2010 7:53 am

Apple wrote:naw blakey are you ok, dont compare mac to alienware, and dont pretend all uni students are in debt. I work for a living to and I can afford it, meh, at least I would take down the guy that jumped on my roof, and not leave it up to my sister.

Thats some Windows for ya. @Blakey.

why cant i compare mac to alienware, they are the same expensive junk. only difference is alienware actually work.

and i know not all uni students arent in debt. I am one. and i have no debt. that i cant easly pay right now if i wasnt to lazy.(Car).

and im sure you would like your assault charge if you did go beat up the guy, its not self defence if you beat a guy up for hurting your car. so you would enjoy having to pay for the assault charge and your car.

Ps the add is wrong. PC means personal computer. not microsoft. and its not slang for microsoft either. only adds have portrayed that. if you listen to adds you get wrong information. just like macs

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat May 22, 2010 11:32 am

Some questions and thoughts:

Blakey wrote:why cant i compare mac to alienware, they are the same expensive junk. only difference is alienware actually work.

Junk is abit of an exaggeration.
So what about Macintoshes not work? I've never recieved a DOA Mac. Neither have any of the parts in the time I've owned any.

And since you've NOT owned nor administered a Mac before, how would you know that a Mac fails or doesn't work? You can't say you've read about it or its common knowledge. It's similarly common knowledge that Windows machines have the BSOD problem and some people consider that garbage... .

Blakey wrote:and im sure you would like your assault charge if you did go beat up the guy, its not self defence if you beat a guy up for hurting your car. so you would enjoy having to pay for the assault charge and your car.

I read what Apple said:
Apple wrote:at least I would take down the guy that jumped on my roof, and not leave it up to my sister.

Same as the word PC and your use of the the term junk.
How does take down imply assault? In some way, take down could also mean kill. So it depends on how you want to interpret it. The question Apple put to you was not how you would have done it but that you should have done it as opposed to leaving it to your sister.

Blakey, I do see at times where you're coming from which is why I tend to be perhaps more patient with you than Adrian for e.g.. However, you do at times have to watch what you say and how you say it. Despite you staying true to yourself, you're NOT endearing yourself to the people around you. You cannot randomly pick meanings like you have above.

You could go on like that and come across groups like us who just let you be but one day if you cross someone similar to yourself but diametrically opposed to you, you may find yourself in quite a mess... .

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sat May 22, 2010 12:05 pm

i would actually like to see some one like me one day ofey. would be a battle to see. lol

and if i didnt imply his means to be assault. then i have already done what he is implying i havent. (he is paying for my car to be fixed i got that to happen not my sister) and seeing as my sister defender herself against him up. and that she was refered to in his post, that is how i have taken it as assault.

which, if i had attacked him for damaging my car then i would of been arrested, charged and made to pay for my cars damage myself. instead of him.

so he is saying that i m not how do i say "Man" enough to take the guy on myself but why would i when i would face such charges. there is no sence in getting an assault charge against you have to pay for your own car have a criminal record, and pay for all his hospital bills(that would be more then the car) so instead of paying nothing, you have to pay 6-7grand plus 4grand for car, and have a criminal record.

Im sorry but i do not see the justifyed need to have attacked the man?
it is after all just a car if he actually hurt my sister then yes i would of attacked him. but my car isnt a living thing. it can be fixed.

by all means if you can live with 11grand poorer and a criminal record. go ahead, do it. i do not mind. he can think wile he is 11grand poorer how less macs he could of bought. but beeing macs it wouldnt be many anyway.

ofey i wasnt trying to be mean to you at all in that, just more trying to explain what i have said.

also i use the work junk not in the actual sence but in the terms not worth it.

buy all means alienware, and mac arent junk. but i know they are not worth the money you have to pay for them. when you can get better cheaper,

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Sat May 22, 2010 12:35 pm

Thread is titled "Apple lovers"..... Can we get back to that please?

I have an iPhone and a few different iPod generations... Not a fan of iTunes but am dealing with it cause I have to. Took a while to get used the iPhone and there are many things I don't like about it which I just put down to Steve Job's being the Devil...

Wish I could afford a Mac, but have worked on and used 'PC's more in my work and home (i.e. Not a Mac and enevitably a Microsoft product OS).

Wish I knew more about Linux to set one up instead....
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Sat May 22, 2010 12:38 pm

I can feel Lecture Series 2.0 coming on

Why implying and interpreting are dangerous to your health
A mini series bought to you by your ignorance

I should do a PhD on forum languages, a social construct *ponders*...
In fact, here is my disclaimer to the thesis topic.

Dated: 22/05/2010.
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

Apple
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Apple » Sun May 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Its alright, I wouldnt want you as part of the MAC community anyway Blakey
2010 Lancer VRX
- K&N Performance drop in filter
- 20" Lenso Rims
- BC Suspension Coil Over Kit (Lowered 45mm)
- Front end Vinyl Work
- Sports Magnaflow Exhaust
- More mods to come.. ++

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Sun May 23, 2010 9:22 pm

I've got a simple solution so you lot can get over your egos.

If you want to know how many people like or dislike a consumer product, create a poll without comments available.

[rant]
Opinion based threads are a call for childish bickering, act your ages not your shoe sizes. For people who cast judgement on others based on opinion - [sarcasm] good on you, it sure shows real maturity, tolerance and the ability to agree to disagree [/sarcasm]. Last time I checked, opinion is NOT knowledge based, sometimes misinformed, other times informed. If you've got nothing to bring to the table that people can benefit from, keep off the threads you brave keyboard warriors.
[/rant]

For those who don't know me, just know that I don't tolerate immaturity, bigots and cracks at people you have never taken the time to get to know.

I'm just about ready to release the second series should I sense that people don't get the drift soon enough.
And so I will refer you to this thread for a memory refresher: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=4702

Enjoy the beginning of your work week. I hope not to have to repeat myself, as I enjoy this forum as much as anybody else.
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.

ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sun May 23, 2010 10:32 pm

Apple wrote:Its alright, I wouldnt want you as part of the MAC community anyway Blakey

lol

BR14AN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BR14AN » Sun May 23, 2010 10:41 pm

i had 2 ipods die on me within a month but i love my macbook!! runs solid

Bluerx
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Bluerx » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:46 pm

haha... its funny i stumbled across this thread just after spending 3 hours removing a virus off my partners hp laptop.... lol

im a mac boy through and through. the first computer i ever used was a mac.... lol.

I have two macbooks, 120gb gen 5 ipod, iphone 3gs and iphone 4.
my partner has an iphone 3gs and ipod nano, but like i said before unfortunately a hp laptop.... lol.
i was gonna buy her a macbook, but the course she is doing at uni most of her programs only run on pc, and well im just too lazy to install windows on a mac(even though im sure it would be pretty simple... lol).

Love my macs, so easy to use.... never had a problem with one ever...
However i do know alot of people that hate them... and they can if they want! but i bet most of them have itunes, quicktime or safari on there windows computer! haha

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:49 pm

the only Apple Product i have is the Iphone 4 and nothing else

Scottvt86
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Scottvt86 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:51 pm

I've had the iPhone 3, 3Gs and now the iPhone 4, iPad 16gb wifi and iPad 2 64gb wifi + 3G

Return to “General Talk”